Peabody to outlets or DTD?

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
I've posted my story in a previous thread, but while DH is in a conference at the Peabody, Anna (one year old) and I will have some time to explore. We will have a car, but it's currently rented in DH's name and I have to inquire the cost to add a second driver (for anyone that might know, it's through Avis, so you can throw that in if you do!). On Friday we will have all day, just me and Anna. On Saturday, DH has noon-5 as free time. I was thinking about maybe going to the outlets if I had car access, strolling around, etc. However, the idea of doing that in DTD is appealing too. Is it much farther? And how is parking? I guess more importantly - where do you park? I've gone to DTD on the last two trips but it's always been via Disney Transportation. I don't want to work up the nerve to drive over there only to get intimidated by the parking situation.

Even without a car, you could take the I-Drive trolley. I know it goes to the south mall, fairly certain it goes as far as the north mall as well.

I was originally very excited about the trolley, but for those of you who have "been there, done that", how doable is this...

1) put baby in Baby Bjorn
2) get mom and baby and stroller and backpback on trolley
3) get to outlets, shop, potentially make purchases
4) baby back into Baby Bjorn...mom, baby, stroller, backpack, and packages back on the trolley

??

You can't get on the trolley with the stroller open and baby riding can you?

You can't get on the trolley with the stroller open and baby riding can you?

Unfortuntately, you can not load the stroller onto the trolley with baby inside. I think the answer to your initial question though, may depend how much you are going to purchase at the outlets. As mentioned by the PP, the trolley starts at one outlet and ends at the other with the Peabody almost in the middle! The one day on and off access ticket is only $4. The Premium Outlets Vineland (southern most outlet) is closer to Disney so you might be able to scope out the stores on your first day then stop back in and purchase on your 2nd day as you head to DTD.

BTW, parking is free at DTD. There is nothing to worry about except finding a close space on Saturdays.

Enjoy! :yay:

The I Ride Trolley goes from the north end of International Drive which has the Orlando Premium outlets International Drive location,this location is closer to Universal Studios.The trolley goes south down I-Drive to the Orlando Premium outlets Vineland location,this location is no more than 10 minutes to DTD,just keep going on Vineland Ave away from I Drive towards 535 and turn right on 535,after you go under the I-4 overpass you will see the Hotel Plaza blvd Disney entrance that leads to DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter