PE 10 Question

djmeredith

DIS Veteran
suggest you look for guidance on ElementsVillage.com

wonderful resource!!

Thanks Rustmanfan but I already checked there. I don't know the technical name for the effect I'm trying to learn, but in my search there I couldn't find anything.

I don't have my computer in front of me, but I think you want to go to Layers.

Then Layer Styles.

Then Bezel.

I can confirm tonight if that's incorrect and no one hops in sooner.

I am not able to get the link to work so I can't offer any help. Hopefully one of these awesome disigners will be able to help you.

Sorry Danque, I just checked and I couldn't get the link to work either! This is my first time trying to post an image or link to an image. I followed the directions from the tech support forum for linking, but apparently I did something wrong. Can anyone tell me how to post the image directly into my post?

Ok, I can't see the image/url you linked. It doesn't work for me, but I'm thinking you're trying to achieve something like this?

Does that seem right? If yes, this is how I would do it. Now, I have the full version of Photoshop, so it might be a little different in Elements, but this is how I would do it:

* Open a new document
* Layer, New Layer
* Now fill the New Layer with a color of your choice (pink like Ariel, or whatever)
* Elliptical Marquee tool, draw an oval
* Select, Inverse
* Select Mask tool on the Layers toolbar (it's on the bottom of my layers toolbar... looks like a rectangle with a circle in it... or kinda like a camera)
* Filter, Blur, Gaussian Blur
* Turn blur radius up to about 63, ok

And that's a Vignette.

There's an easier way with the feather tool, but I couldn't get it to look exactly like donatalies that way.

Yes Pennyring, that's exactly the effect I'm talking about!! Sorry for all the trouble with the link. Thank you so much for your tips!! I'm at work now, but will try them tonight.

I did it! Thanks again Pennyring, you're directions were very easy to follow! I played around with the refine edge/feather tool and like that effect as well. Now, just one more question (for now at least) how do I post an image in my post like you did Pennyring? I read the instructions on the tech questions forum, but as you can see from above, all I managed to do was post a link that doesn't even work!

You're welcome! :) Do you have a Photobucket account? If not, sign up for one. They're free. Upload your DISign to photobucket. There will be different links you can choose from to post your images.

To post the thumbnails, you may need to enable an extra feature.

Let me know if you need a walk-through of any of those things. :)

So glad it worked for you!!

Thanks again Pennyring! I finally had a chance to open a Photobucket account and figure out how to post images.

Here's one of the autograph pages I've made for our upcoming trip.

Thanks again Pennyring! I finally had a chance to open a Photobucket account and figure out how to post images.

Here's one of the autograph pages I've made for our upcoming trip.

Nice work! Pooh is my fav so I think this is super cute!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter