PBH questions

BAST

DIS Veteran
1) Do the rooms have a (free) refrigerator?

2) What is a good room request if I have booked a garden view room?

3) Are any garden view rooms close to the pools?

The rooms have a stocked minibar, but not a free refrigerator.

We always request a west wing room to be close to the Beach Pool and the boat dock. The west wing garden view rooms have a view of the beach pool (at least ours always have).

The West wing is closer to the main pool and the boat launch so I would recommend that.

Keep in mind that the East Wing Ground Floor is pet-friendly so if you want to bring your dog, that is where you will stay. If you don't want to be near the dog wing, note that on your reservation in advance and let them know that at check in.

Can you take things out of the refridgerator to use it for your items? Or...would that be too much work/complicated?

The mini bar doesn't keep things as cold as a normal refridgerator. If you need if for baby stuff or medicinal purposes, they will provide you one for free.

I've never stayed there and can't remember what kind of minibar they use at RPR and HRH, but the newer ones have sensors and if you pick up an item for more than a few seconds you are automatically charged for that item.

I lose track of which hotels have those kind and which don't, just make sure before picking anything up.

I've never stayed there and can't remember what kind of minibar they use at RPR and HRH, but the newer ones have sensors and if you pick up an item for more than a few seconds you are automatically charged for that item.

I lose track of which hotels have those kind and which don't, just make sure before picking anything up.

Universal don't use those type of minibars - yet. At least they don't at RPR, and I was there 2 weeks ago.

Can you take things out of the refridgerator to use it for your items? Or...would that be too much work/complicated?

We brought a rolling cooler and stored it under the counter in the bathroom. Bell services even offered to ice it for us, but DH took care of it. That might not be practical if you are flying, but it worked great for us for the trip down and back, as well as for four nights at PBH.

I don't know if they let you empty the minibar or not - we always decline the minibar key.

Universal don't use those type of minibars - yet. At least they don't at RPR, and I was there 2 weeks ago.

Thanks, I couldn't remember. The HRH here does so I didn't want to say for sure that they didn't there.

We also took a cooler and filled it at the ice machine. Someone in our group wanted a microwave so we paid the $15 a day for that and you can do the same with the fridge.

We flew down, but got our driver to stop at Wal-Mart to pick up a cooler($3) and a few things. Just kept it under the bathroom sink out of the way. This worked fine for us, but I did have to take about ten minutes each day to pour out water and refresh with ice. Didn't mind at all. I would ask for the west wing for the same reasons given. We had garden view on the west wing and had a view of the beach pool, but it was partially blocked by a tree.

We got a styrofoam cooler from Garden Grocer. It was convenient as we were ordering water and breakfast items anyway. It worked GREAT! We put a towel under it. I know others put it in the tub....in case of leaks.

We stayed three nights and didn't find the cooler a hassle at all. I know some have stored milk products in the cooler...we didn't do that ... just the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter