PB&J Milkshake question??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by princessSunshine, Jul 1, 2013.

1. princessSunshine

princessSunshine Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if I could walk into 50's just to order a milkshake - they have a "bar" area right? Can I order one there? and would it count as a snack credit or would I have to pay out of pocket?

Thanks in advance for the help.:hug:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tink20

tink20 DIS Veteran

I read somewhere that you can order from the bar, but cannot use a snack credit. But you could always ask. I do think you can get it as your drink or dessert if you are using your TS credit.

I had one years ago....so good!

4. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I believe Tink is correct. You can definitely go to the bar and order a milkshake. But I do not think you can use a snack credit.

5. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Yep, you can definitely order it from the bar. :thumbsup2 Theyre so good! :goodvibes

6. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

PP are correct. You can't use a SC in any of the TS locations.

7. kmermaid

kmermaid DIS Veteran

I have gotten an PBJ milkshake at the bar to go. But I don't do the dining plan so it was OOP. And it was delish.

8. princessSunshine

princessSunshine Mouseketeer

Thanks all! That's what I thought too and just needed confirmation - yup, I know they are awesome :thumbsup2 We're not eating in the restaurant this year, just needed to know if we could get one without reservations:goodvibes

Thanks all :wave2:

9. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

We do that...I also don't think they will use a Snack Credit.

10. ginnygi

ginnygi Mouseketeer

This is sort of related but sort of off topic, so sorry for hijacking your thread princessSunshine. There are many TS restaurants that I have browsed the menu for and would LOVE to have an app or desert from, but have always felt uncomfortable/fearful of going to just for one thing. Is this acceptable? Really? Do they get mad? Will most TS places let you get a app or desert to go? Can you just order from the Check in kiosk?

For example, I have always wanted to try the chicken bastilla from Marrakesh in Epcot. Can I get this to go without sitting for a whole meal? Or is that just rude?

11. dimndgal1

dimndgal1 One little spark...

I am so glad this thread is here! Now I am DYING to try the PBJ shake!!! WOOHOO!!!

I have to admit that our only two experiences were 'out of the ordinary', but we had no trouble just ordering a dessert at TS restaurants.

The first time, we were outside Italy and I stepped wrong and twisted my ankle. A CM asked if I needed medical, and we decided I just needed some ice and to sit a bit. The CM got it and we went and sat at the restaurant and ordered a cold drink and a dessert... no problem.

The second time was last year - we were at DtD and DD had just finished at BBB when it started POURING. We were going to go to Ghiradelli for dessert, but it was packed so we wandered over to Raglan Rd, which was fairly empty (it was around 8pm). We asked if we could just order some dessert and they said no problem and sat our group of 5 within 5 minutes and we got to enjoy some amazing desserts and watch the show! DH and I plan to do dessert and show again this next trip - DD got to go on stage and learn a dance, and the desserts were wonderful!!!

12. PictureJumpr

PictureJumpr At Least 'til it Rains

Marrakesh would probably be glad to have you no matter what you ordered. We always find it to be fairly non-busy, and incredibly hospitable. It isn't rude to patronize any restaurant anywhere and just order what you want - you are never obligated to order a full set of courses regardless (unless you are at a buffet, of course - no "dessert only" option there). Servers who make you uncomfortable or who express any disappointment or bother from handling your smaller-than-expected order are the ones being rude. :thumbsup2