Paypal to secure private rental?

Karen4120

Earning My Ears
I'm working with a property manager to secure a 4 bedroom home at Windsor Hills. I asked if he had an paypal accout and here is what he said:

"No we process the card though our company Merchant Services.
We do have a UK Paypal account if your prefer to pay by this method." He emailed me a sheet to fax back to him with my credit card info and a 2 percent fee would be charged.

I booked a condo privately once before and used paypal and I was very happy. I just feel somewhat nervous about the whole thing.

Those of you who have booked privately.....how did you pay by credit card??

Thanks!

Each private rental will be different depending on the owner and what they will accept.

I just recently rented out my 2007 DVC points privately to 2 different people. I had a contract that I put together (well, got a copy of a basic contract from someone here, and customized it), and I faxed it over to the renters to look at and agree to.

I had in there that I would accept PayPal, but they would be responsible to cover fees.

Does the person you are renting from reside in the UK? If so, then I could understand them using PayPal/UK, but if not then I definitely would ask why they don't accept PayPal US.

My feeling is this.....if you don't feel comfortable with a transaction using your credit card, then don't do it. It's better to spend a few $$ extra for a smooth transaction, then to get ripped off or have identity theft.

he wants you to pay the conversion fee from $ to lbs.....

so if you want to use paypal just sign up for the uk one.

Karen, I just booked a villa in Emerald Island. The owner wanted me to wire the funds to his bank account, but I didn't feel like spending $25 on it.

Someone here recommended me mailing the deposit check directly to their bank (which is in Florida) and writing "For Deposit Only" on the back of the check with the persons account number.

This worked out great for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter