• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

payments on room ressie after initial booking?

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
i remember a few years back they had a problem where if you booked your room online and submitted the initial payment with a credit card to hold that booking, you could not make payments online later. (if i recall correctly, you couldn't even then call and try to make a payment. they would try and the transaction would fail.) some glitch in their system. if you wanted to make payments with a credit card you had to have placed your ressie over the phone, then call back each time you wanted to make a payment on that ressie. (not sure if you could make the original ressie over phone and then log in online to make payments...but for some reason i am thinking no on that one too.)

does anyone know if this problem still exists? can you now book online and give just the deposit on a credit card and then log back in or call periodically and make payments on a credit card?

I've booked online and made multiple payments online with a credit card last year and this year and never had a problem.

Not sure if this has been fixed, but the issue was with a room only reservation made online. The rules were that if you did that, then you could not make any other payment on the reservation, other than the initial deposit, either online or by calling. Package reservations made online never had that kind of problem, and room only reservations made by phone could have other payments made, but only by calling again.

i remember a few years back they had a problem where if you booked your room online and submitted the initial payment with a credit card to hold that booking, you could not make payments online later. (if i recall correctly, you couldn't even then call and try to make a payment. they would try and the transaction would fail.) some glitch in their system. if you wanted to make payments with a credit card you had to have placed your ressie over the phone, then call back each time you wanted to make a payment on that ressie. (not sure if you could make the original ressie over phone and then log in online to make payments...but for some reason i am thinking no on that one too.)

does anyone know if this problem still exists? can you now book online and give just the deposit on a credit card and then log back in or call periodically and make payments on a credit card?

This wasn't so much a "problem" with the system but the way the online booking engine was set up. These were "R bookings" those ressies started with an "R". Those reservations were room only reservations and no more than one night deposit could be taken. This switched over in 2008 with the online system enhancements.

I have a room only for next month, booked over phone in January. I just went to make a $1k pymt and it told me I had to call to make pymt. Couldn't do it online. I have had several packages in the past and no problem making pymts online. I wonder if it's a room only thing, it said I could call or just wait and make pymt upon check in. I can't sit on hold and talk w/someone over phone w/3 crazy boys, so I guess I'll have to hold onto my $$ somemore.

I have a room only for next month, booked over phone in January. I just went to make a $1k pymt and it told me I had to call to make pymt. Couldn't do it online. I have had several packages in the past and no problem making pymts online. I wonder if it's a room only thing, it said I could call or just wait and make pymt upon check in. I can't sit on hold and talk w/someone over phone w/3 crazy boys, so I guess I'll have to hold onto my $$ somemore.

This could be for a number of reasons. It doesn't have anything to do with you not being able to book past the deposit. Sometimes, if you're using a debit card there is a limit, sometimes if you have made multiple transactions within a certain period your CC bank will flag your account, etc. I would try calling the bank/credit card company to see if there might be an issue with the card or the amount that you're trying to charge. Also, isn't of waiting on hold to talk to someone, you know you can do it through the IVR over the phone and not even have to talk to anyone, right? You should try that if paying online still gives you a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter