Payment question HELP HELP

1pixiemom

Long Time DIS Board user
I was just surprised with an opportunity to go to Disney World at the end of Feb, went to make the reservations and they want final payment 45 days before and we cant pay till 30 days before.... I called and they said they could not change the final payment date but typically they will give you a grace period after the final payment is due..... IDK sounds scary to me has anyone else done this IDK

If I want to put the dining plan on my room 20 days before I arrive will it take away my room only discount?

I would just wait to book until I had the money, in your situation :confused3 Thirty days from the end of february is not that far out at this point...

I was just surprised with an opportunity to go to Disney World at the end of Feb, went to make the reservations and they want final payment 45 days before and we cant pay till 30 days before.... I called and they said they could not change the final payment date but typically they will give you a grace period after the final payment is due..... IDK sounds scary to me has anyone else done this IDK

We did this for our trip in September. DH ended up needing dental work (which comes before Disney) so they allowed us to pay at 30 (31 actually) days before arrival. I had no issues with it and all of the CMs were great.

Stacy

If I want to put the dining plan on my room 20 days before I arrive will it take away my room only discount?

Yes. Because then it's not a room only anymore it's a package.

If I were you, I'd just wait and book it when you can pay for it. Or else just do room only which would mean you would only pay for 1 nights lodging upfront.

Then skip the dining plan and buy your tickets from undercovertourist.com which would get you a slight ticket discount.

Have a great trip!

If you are wanting to take advantage of the package deal going on now you will need to book by 12/31/12.

Change it to a room only reservation, if your discount or another discount is available for your dates as such, and add tickets on when you get there or buy them from UT. You can add the tix and dining plan up to 3 days prior I believe if you want to make it a package later. With a room only ressie you will need to pay one night now and the rest at check in.

Thanks everyone for the help I booked a room only and we will be upgrading it to a package about 25 days before.... I asked very specifically about weather I will loose my room only discount when we switch to a package (dining and tickets) and they said NO that I am "locking" in my price now........ Praying :worship: that I have no problems when I go to actually change the package....... :wizard:

Thanks everyone for the help I booked a room only and we will be upgrading it to a package about 25 days before.... I asked very specifically about weather I will loose my room only discount when we switch to a package (dining and tickets) and they said NO that I am "locking" in my price now........ Praying :worship: that I have no problems when I go to actually change the package....... :wizard:

You won't be able to switch to the current package discount, just pay full price for tickets and dining plan + room only discount. You will not lose the room only discount.

If money is so tight that you cannot afford the full trip at 45 days out, a great way to save some $$$ is to buy tickets through Undercover Tourist and drop the dining plans. Or if you have any little people with you, look at signing up for a YES class and purchasing park tickets that way (saved us several hundred $$).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter