Payment for excursion before boarding?

Jennifer Coghlan

Mouseketeer
Hello all fellow cruisers:wave2: Can you pay in advance for your excursions or must they go on your account and wait for you until you board. Also, can you put $ in your cruise account before boarding?

Thanks for all your help. We are first time cruisers and we are sure to have more questions.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: pirate: pirate:

NO you can't pay ahead of time....but what you can do is.....figure out how much the excursions are going to cost you and then you can call Disney and put money on your account....we have done that every year and you don't have to worry about it. We usually do several hundred dollars. There will be a little card in your room with the amounts of credit you have. WE always keep track of it so if there is any issues you can go to guest services. :)

Hope this helps.
Travis

Yes, you can apply money to your account in advance. They won't officially deduct the cost of the excursions as there are times when excursions are cancelled due to weather, etc. Or the ship may be unable to get into a specific port...again, excursion cancelled.....

Thank you for getting back to me sooooo quickly! That' what I love about these boards. You more seasoned cruisers have so much wisdom to offer us newbies:tongue:

Can't wait to go cruising!

What is the number to call to do this? That sounds like something I would do. Put money on my account. I didn't know we could do that. Stupid question: Do you have to use a credit card to do this or can you use a check?

You just call the DCL reservation number and tell them you want to put some money on your stateroom account. We always use out check card from our bank like a credit card and don't have to worry about using checks. I'm not sure if you can use checks or not. You may be able too. ;)

They will ask you if it is a gift for someone and if you want a personal card with a message on it.

We have never had any problems with not receiving our credits. It's great becasue you don't have to worry about paying for it at the end. :) WE will defiently he using it on the 14 day cruise! ::yes:: That bill willl be a killer!! :hyper:

Have a great cruise!
Travis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter