Paying with half points and half cash

lovemickeyminnie

Earning My Ears
I am wanting to make a reservation soon. I don't want to use all of my points because I am already borrowing. Can I pay with half points and half cash for a reservation? How do I go about doing this? Is it even possible? Do you get a discount for paying with cash?

Thanks in advance.

No. You would have to make two reservations, separately. Points and cash are oil and water.

You might not be able to get the same unit type via cash inventory, as well. So there is also that wrinkle. They are completely separate inventories.

No. You would have to make two reservations, separately. Points and cash are oil and water.

You might not be able to get the same unit type via cash inventory, as well. So there is also that wrinkle. They are completely separate inventories.

Thank you so much!! I wasn't sure if that was even possible. I think I will rent from David's rental and just have to pay it all. Thank so much for your help!!

There are member cash rooms. You could call MS and see if there is availability. Then book part of the nights on points and the remainder for cash. The reservations can be linked together when booked this way and you won't have to change rooms.

FWIW, there’s nothing wrong with borrowing. We started off borrowing and it’s not really been a problem. The family has naturally needed a break which has allowed us to catch up to current points (I’ve been doing cousin rundisney weekends).

I’ve booked a portion of a trip using points, and then a cash room for one or two nights. We had to do this last year at BWV when there was cash availability but not points availability for one of the nights of our stay. MS was then able to link the reservations for me so that we did not have to change rooms (this is never guaranteed in these cases). The only hope of having the same room for the whole stay is to be absolutely certain that any cash room booked is the same room type as that booked on points. But it has worked out for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter