• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paying with gift card question..

drea21

Mouseketeer
So we are leaving Tuesday and I took a gamble and it looks like I lost :(

I did the whole Ebates-Raise.com-Target- Disney gift card thing, but ordered just last week and thought I would be okay since regular Target.com orders have always seemed to arrive so fast. Well, looks like our $900 in gift cards won't be arriving until Thursday according to the tracking info (Two days after we leave).

I have family that can get our mail, so my question is, if I go to the front desk and call my family back home and they read off the gift card numbers, do you think they can apply them to our account? It really won't be the end of the world if I can't since we have another trip planned for January, but an extra $900 wasn't really in the budget for this trip!

You can now transfer balances from one gift card to another one on the disney gift card webpage. You could get one gift card now and then have them go on and enter your card when you get it and transfer the money to the card you will have with you. I have been transferring all our our $25 cards this weekend to one card.

You can now transfer balances from one gift card to another one on the disney gift card webpage. You could get one gift card now and then have them go on and enter your card when you get it and transfer the money to the card you will have with you. I have been transferring all our our $25 cards this weekend to one card.

Ahhhhh!! That's right!! I just read about that but didn't even think of it! That's exactly what we will do. I have a bunch gift cards, I will just combine them now and then have my mom do the rest when ours come. Thanks so much! What a relief!

You can only have $1000 on one card so make sure you leave one with enough space to add it if you have $900 coming.

You can only have $1000 on one card so make sure you leave one with enough space to add it if you have $900 coming.

Thanks again,that's very helpful! I will load all of my other ones together onto one, then take a $25 one just for the Target order coming.

That is great info! Thanks for posting.... I will probably try this with our upcoming trip in Oct.
OP - Good luck on getting the gift cards updated. I'm sure it will work out great!

I bought a few gift cards recently and was transferring the balances to one card, but 2 of my cards said they were not eligible for transfer. Anyone know why?

I received that message on several of mine also. Mine are ones that I bought that was a set $25 card (not one that you could pick the amount you wanted on it). Was that the case with yours?

Not to steal the thread but can someone tell me what the Ebates raise.com-Target gift card thing is? Or point me in the right direction? Thanks

Not to steal the thread but can someone tell me what the Ebates raise.com-Target gift card thing is? Or point me in the right direction? Thanks

I hope I don't screw this up....

1. Go to Ebates and from there go to Raise.com (1% back to Ebates on anything you buy on Raise.com)
2. Purchase Target giftcards on raise.com- % off will vary, I got 6.5-6.7% off the ones I got- don't forget the $5 off new customer code like I did!
3. Wait for the Target cards to be delivered to your email address- mine were between 5 minutes to instantly
4. You can go back to Ebates and then got to the Target site from there for an addition 2% back to your ebates, but it does exclude gift cards, but I did read some that slipped through and got the cash back so I did give it a try-didn't work for me
5. Go to Target.com and purchase Disney giftcards with you Target Red Card set as the default payment for an additional 5% off (you can only purchase 3 of a denomination at a time. I purchased 3 separate orders, each with 3 $100 giftcards)

Hope that made some sense! I think I saved around $115 on the $900

And I'm sure my luck will be that I can't transfer the cards onto the one I have there, ugh! So I might be back to square one of seeing if I can give them the numbers at the front desk or just holding on to them for the next trip....

I just tried to do a transfer - but I got the error message, then I read Full Card Balances - one of the cards that I was trying to use for the transfer was previously used and had a partial balance on it. Could that have been your problem?

Thanks! I do have a question. If you have your Target Red Card set as default payment, so you get the 5%, then how do you use the Target gift cards you bought on raise.com to buy the Disney cards? Wouldn't the charge go to your Red Card?

I hope I don't screw this up....

1. Go to Ebates and from there go to Raise.com (1% back to Ebates on anything you buy on Raise.com)
2. Purchase Target giftcards on raise.com- % off will vary, I got 6.5-6.7% off the ones I got- don't forget the $5 off new customer code like I did!
3. Wait for the Target cards to be delivered to your email address- mine were between 5 minutes to instantly
4. You can go back to Ebates and then got to the Target site from there for an addition 2% back to your ebates, but it does exclude gift cards, but I did read some that slipped through and got the cash back so I did give it a try-didn't work for me
5. Go to Target.com and purchase Disney giftcards with you Target Red Card set as the default payment for an additional 5% off (you can only purchase 3 of a denomination at a time. I purchased 3 separate orders, each with 3 $100 giftcards)

Hope that made some sense! I think I saved around $115 on the $900

And I'm sure my luck will be that I can't transfer the cards onto the one I have there, ugh! So I might be back to square one of seeing if I can give them the numbers at the front desk or just holding on to them for the next trip....

Thanks! I do have a question. If you have your Target Red Card set as default payment, so you get the 5%, then how do you use the Target gift cards you bought on raise.com to buy the Disney cards? Wouldn't the charge go to your Red Card?

Nope, just have to have it set to the default payment, but you can enter up to four giftcards to cover the amount. You don't need to put a dime on the red card to get the discount, just have it set as the default payment. :)

I bought a few gift cards recently and was transferring the balances to one card, but 2 of my cards said they were not eligible for transfer. Anyone know why?

I just tried to transfer ones I already had and I got that message for every single one of them. I tried all kinds of combinations of to transfer to/from, and all 5 of my giftcards said they weren't eligible to transfer. They are the fixed amount gift cards ($25-$50-$100) and not the kind you can load with any amount. Not sure if that is why or not. Guess I will be at the mercy of the front desk. You would think if you can call gift cards into Disney to pay, you should be able to just read your numbers to the CM at the desk. At least I really hope so!!

I was able to transfer all my cards onto one yesterday. I am so relieved. I was worried about carrying around the stack of them.

Last year, my Hubby got 2 $50 gift cards for his B-Day from the MIL, about a month from our trip. We placed them in the mail organizer until it was time for the trip so we wouldn't forget. LOL. We certainly forgot! I had my mom (god bless mommas) drive over and take a picture of the back of the cards, with the codes scratched off. She texted them to me, and Guest Services in one of the parks (we were actually in EPCOT our first day there when we remembered) were able to transfer the balance to a blank gift card they had there. So, even if you can't get the balances to transfer using the website, I know Front Desk or a park's Guest Services can give you a replacement card. No worries!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter