• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paying with credit card?

disfanforlife

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever pay for their resale contract with Disney visa? Thought it might be a good idea to make some Disney rewards and then pay off the bill when it is due the next month. I am not talking about using it to finance it, just the convenience.

I am not sure if there are any companies that allow you to purchase the entire amount via credit card..I know some will take it for the deposit....

I don't know of any who will let you pay by credit card. I was only ever able to do the deposit.

I just went on-line yesterday to pay-off my loan and was able to use my Disney Visa to do it. I will pay if off when the bill comes in and will gain ~$100 in rewards $.

Anyone ever pay for their resale contract with Disney visa? Thought it might be a good idea to make some Disney rewards and then pay off the bill when it is due the next month. I am not talking about using it to finance it, just the convenience.

The reason the resale title companies won't typically allow more than just the deposit to be charged is because the CC company charge the 3 percent fee. So since the title company doesn't want to only receive 97 percent of the amount you owe, they require wire transfers or cashiers checks.

I just went on-line yesterday to pay-off my loan and was able to use my Disney Visa to do it. I will pay if off when the bill comes in and will gain ~$100 in rewards $.

Buying through Disney directly does allow for the entire purchase via credit card. I did that when I first bought my BLT points back in 2009. And, you get 6 months, 0% interest when using a Disney Visa.

You may want to check to see if your payoff of the loan would qualify you for the same thing. Even though we had the money, it was nice to take the 6 months to pay and it didn't affect my ability to use the card each month and not incur finance charges.

The reason the resale title companies won't typically allow more than just the deposit to be charged is because the CC company charge the 3 percent fee. So since the title company doesn't want to only receive 97 percent of the amount you owe, they require wire transfers or cashiers checks.

Exactly. TTS will let you charge it, as long as you will eat the fee. They specifically told me the extra cost, as it pertained to my contract deposit. I'm not sure of the whole cost as I never asked the closing company.

Thanks, if I have to eat the fee it's not worth it. I figured it was worth a chance asking but I certainly understand why they wouldn't want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter