• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paying with cash??

pamkat1820

DIS Veteran
I was just scrolling on FB and now I can’t find the post. Someone just came back from vacation and they said they could only pay with credit or debit card, cash is not being accepted. I know with covid Disney was asking for customers to pay with credit/debit cards just wondering if they is still a requirement. We are under 60 day count down and trying to plan everything out

I usually always pay with my debit card but on vacation to stay on a budget I pay with cash. I tend to spend less....

Just curious what everyone experiences are lately.....

thanks everyone

I am on property right now and cash is still accepted. You have to order in person to use it, is all. Cards are not required unless you do mobile order.

Edit: don’t believe anything about Disney on FB. Those folks are a bit…lost, to put it gently.

I am on property right now and cash is still accepted. You have to order in person to use it, is all. Cards are not required unless you do mobile order.

Edit: don’t believe anything about Disney on FB. Those folks are a bit…lost, to put it gently.

I agree with you about the FB posts. It’s actually funny some things that I read.
This one was u can’t use cash at all?? I was completely confused for a second.

Cashless options are preferred (and I saw signs stating that), but I never saw it turned away when I was there in February (and I had to pay cash for stuff my paraprofessional asked me to get for her because she gave me cash for it).

Most social media is a place to post nonsense or argue with others. Some people there always want to be the resident expert even if they have no idea what they are talking about. I would look to a forum such as here for accurate/reliable/current Disney related info. People can relate their actual experience and someone who posts inaccurate information will find others who know what they are talking about posting as well.

Are you asking about paying for food, or paying for your hotel room?

I was wondering same thing. I like to leave cash tips for dining servers. Not put it on a card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter