Paying off DVC balance?? Frustrated

adamak

DIS Veteran
I've been trying to pay off my remaining balance this week. I talked with Account Services on Mon, she gave me the payoff amount for Wed, asked me to faxed a letter in to authorize them to take it out from my acct. I did so Tues.

Called back late Tues, nothing has happened. Called back Wed, nothing. They say they didn't receive my fax. I re-faxed, they promised to get it going. Checked account Thurs & Fri, nothing.

How long should it take? And what amount will they finally take out? From the day I faxed in, or the day they actually "process" the request?

Why can't they be a little more clear on how they handle this kind of request? Instead of me keep calling back, why can't they say it will be processed within a certain amount of days...etc. I asked if I can send in a check instead, and they say no, because the payoff amount changed every day. I really can't be calling from work every day to check if my request is taken care of.

You could pay it off on a credit card over the phone. Then pay off your credit card bill when it comes in. Same thing, you're just sending the check to the credit card instead of DVC.

Why not just put it on your credit card? That's how we paid off our balance a few years ago. We pay our annual dues via credit card also.

Using a credit card over the phone couldn't be easier: they confirm the balance owed, you give them your cedit card info...done!

We just bought BCV on 2/3, our first purchase. We put the entire amouont on credit card, and received frequent flyer miles as well!!

I would call back and see if someone else could help you. I paid off my DVC about two months after I had purchased. I called for a payoff amount and sent them a check.

The computer should provide them with a per diem(per day) amount. I added a couple of days to the payoff amount then Fedexed the check.

Cyn

Sorry to hear about your problems with Member Accounting. But thanks to you (and the others who have replied to this thread), I paid off my DVC loan with my Visa.

If you pay your dues by credit card, are you surcharged for the processing fees? If not, Disney likely pays at least a 1% fee, which in turn pays for those miles. Kinda frustrating to think that those who pay by check or debit are subsidizing others airline miles (or, maybe credit card processing is less costly to administer???) ... just wondering

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have no idea I could pay it off using my credit card. They didn't even tell me!
I just checked my bank balance, and still they haven't yet deduct the amount. I do not understand what the delay is.

I have done several add-ons and used 1 year finance. Several of them I called and gave them my CC # and paid off the balance. Real simple to do.

Originally posted by mistermouse
If you pay your dues by credit card, are you surcharged for the processing fees? If not, Disney likely pays at least a 1% fee, which in turn pays for those miles. Kinda frustrating to think that those who pay by check or debit are subsidizing others airline miles (or, maybe credit card processing is less costly to administer???) ... just wondering

If Disney is able to get away with only a 1% CC fee, then it could be cheaper for the company than paying by check, have you seen the bank fees for commercial accounts lately? They're ridiculous, they are charging what they call an "account analysis fee". The charge for EVERY transaction, including CASH deposits, checks written AND received, transfers, inquiries, change for cash drawers - everything, then offset them by figuring a % of your average account balance The banks are making a killing on businesses.

We put both off our VB add-ons (50+60 pts) on our credit card. We get frequent flyer miles and pay it off when the bill comes. We did it over the phone and both times it only took 5 minutes. We also pay our annual dues via the credit card to get the frequent flyer miles.:D

An update.
DVC finally debited my account yesterday, which is almost 8 days after I called them. If I knew I could pay off using credit card I would have done so in the beginning.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter