Paying off Balance of Cruise of w/ Disney Visa

I have 0% interest for 6 months and I booked booth cruises through DU. If it says Disney on it (which It does, I saw the bank statement), then it is considered a Disney vacation and qualifies for the 0% interest. If you look on your bill, it will give you a breakdown of when something is due for the 0% to stop. It is really cool. I thought I would have to keep up with it.

You will get 0% financing as long as it's a disney vacation on the disney card, does not matter if it's through a TA. Just one word of caution. If your balance is over $10K, have it put through as 2 separate transactions of less than 10K each. In the small print on the rules of the 0% financing, it says they won't finance any amounts over $10k. We had that issue and then our TA reversed the charge and put it in as 2 separate charges and we were fine.

Yes you will. I call and have them put $3000 on it every six months and then make $500 payments each month. Once paid off I add another $3000 and so on until it is all paid off with no interest and well before sailing. I have the $$ but prefer to use credit when it is free!

I remember a few months back, there was a lot of confussion with the Disney card. I don't recall the specifics.

I'm wondering if once I do use it to pay the balance,and I use the card for other "non-disney" things....is there a problem with the 0 % for 6 month rate? I want to say I read something about this being a problem, but because I want to remember it I can't !! :rotfl:

If you have other charges on the disney visa does your payment get applied towards those things or your disney balance first?

Yes, you will. If you have other charges, it pays the other charges first and then the 0% part. So you have to pay off everything (not just on paper statement but all current activity too) in order to pay down the 0%... or call I believe, but am not completely sure on the calling part.

Yes, you will. If you have other charges, it pays the other charges first and then the 0% part. So you have to pay off everything (not just on paper statement but all current activity too) in order to pay down the 0%... or call I believe, but am not completely sure on the calling part.

That is not my experience. We use our Disney Visa for EVERYTHING and pay it off each month, so there is always activity on the account, more than what shows on the actual (paper) statement.

If I paid more than the statement balance (minus what is under 0% financing), that additional amount was taken off the 0% amount. So, you can pay it down each month before the 6 months are up.

Example:
Statement Balance = $3,000.00
of that, $1,000.00 is a Disney trip under 0% financing.

I pay $2,500 for my payment. I have paid my account in full that accrues a finance charge AND will reduce my 0% financing balance from $1,000 to $500.

Just be sure you pay off the entire 0% amount by the due date listed for 6 months or you will pay finance charges on the whole amount, not just what is left as a balance.

Example: $5,000.00 as Disney trip with 0% financing
Over the course of the 6 months, you pay off $4,500.00 of the amount, leaving $500.00. If you do not pay that last $500 by the due date, you will pay finance charges for the past 6 monhts on the $5,000.00 total.

If I paid the deposit with a different CC can I still get 0% for paying the balance with my Disney Visa?

That is not my experience. We use our Disney Visa for EVERYTHING and pay it off each month, so there is always activity on the account, more than what shows on the actual (paper) statement.
Just saying what I am seeing on my statements/activity right now... so maybe it is different based on some unknown reasoning.

Earlier this year there were changes made to how lenders have to apply your payment to your card(s). In fact this put Chase in such a tailspin they totally messed up my card which I have never paid interest on...like lots of folks I use it to reserve and pay for cruises but not other things. I always pay off before interest accrues. If you accidentally ( like I did once) charge something for example at DTD that does not qualify and in the old days all of your payments would go to the lowest rate balance first...hence the 5 bucks you spent at DTD would accruse interest possibly forever as nothing would even get credited to that balanbce unless you paid the card off completely.

Now having said all that there are new rules about these things...but I have not committed them to memory so if you want the straight scoop you will need to call Chase! Sorry!..But if you just use the card for your cruise fare and pay it before the 6 months is up you don't even need to know the other rules. You are fine.

quick question:

just got a Disney Visa offer....$200 credit and 0%....

IF I use that now and cancel card after cruise....don't need another card, God knows...

is there some sort of penalty?

in other words, wouldn't I be wasting $200 credit if I DIDN"T take the card?

okay, not so quick question...........sorry

THANX!

I am never one to push having many credit cards (in my work, I have to counsel people who've overdone credit), but it sounds like $200 credit and 0% is a good deal -- if you need it and if getting another credit card won't hurt your credit report or score.

If you do get it and cancel afterward, be sure to request, in writing, that the account be closed 'as requested by cardholder' as this will better reflect in your score than if they close it on their own.

If you don't already have a Disney card, I'd keep this one simply for the Rewards Points. We use ours for everything, pay them off each month and the points add up. We tend to have $800-1000 each year to use for our cruise onboard charges. Free money!

If I paid more than the statement balance (minus what is under 0% financing), that additional amount was taken off the 0% amount. So, you can pay it down each month before the 6 months are up.

Example:
Statement Balance = $3,000.00
of that, $1,000.00 is a Disney trip under 0% financing.

I pay $2,500 for my payment. I have paid my account in full that accrues a finance charge AND will reduce my 0% financing balance from $1,000 to $500.

Just be sure you pay off the entire 0% amount by the due date listed for 6 months or you will pay finance charges on the whole amount, not just what is left as a balance.

Example: $5,000.00 as Disney trip with 0% financing
Over the course of the 6 months, you pay off $4,500.00 of the amount, leaving $500.00. If you do not pay that last $500 by the due date, you will pay finance charges for the past 6 monhts on the $5,000.00 total.

This is consistent with our experience as well. It has been this way for us since 2006 when we got the card.

quick question:

just got a Disney Visa offer....$200 credit and 0%....

IF I use that now and cancel card after cruise....don't need another card, God knows...

is there some sort of penalty?

in other words, wouldn't I be wasting $200 credit if I DIDN"T take the card?

okay, not so quick question...........sorry

THANX!

I have one and love it. My mom wanted to get one but was hoping to find a deal like this. From what I understand, they just come to specific people in the mail. I would LOVE to have that offer. I am also not one to push CCs but sometimes it is a good deal. Just make sure there isnt a yearly charge. I am 99% sure all disney cards don't, but there are chase cards that do. Found that out the hard way with a Southwest card.

I can explain the payment system for the 0% loan amounts. I spoke with Visa about this shortly after the rules changed, and for the last several months have been handling my 0% amounts this way.

Simple formula:
Statement balance - 0% amount + minimum payment

Anything you pay over the above formula goes directly to the 0% balance. I spread my 0% balance out right to the due date. I had two separate due dates, and the balances were taken care of in the correct order. The key is to make sure you add the minimum payment from the statement before anything applies to the 0% interest amounts.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter