Paying it forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is such a cool idea. we will be in parks sept 26- oct 1 and can send 3 cards. please pm me with the details, and I would be happy to send some magic.:wizard:

I will be glad to send postcards (up to about 5 or so) to spread the magic while we are there 9/10 to 9/14. PM me and I will put you on my list.

We'll be there Aug 18 - 22. We'll gladly send out up to 5.
My dd's are looking forward to doing this for someone. :goodvibes

I rec'd 2 postcards for our boys a little while back for our upcoming trip, they havent seem them yet, as its a surprise. I will be doing the same for another family and not sure what to do? the postcards we received were Mickey shaped and signed by mickey with a note above the signature. It also had Magic Kingdom stamps and was mailed from there....Did my fairygodmother write the note and just have mickey sign it? do we sign it ourselves? where do you get the stamps? and do you leave the mail at the front desk? Where is the best place to get postcards? We have dinner at Crystal Palace the first night we are there, is this a good start for the signature on the postcards??

My family will be there Aug 20-25th- is there anyone that needs postcards to be sent? We would love to send them :)

I rec'd 2 postcards for our boys a little while back for our upcoming trip, they havent seem them yet, as its a surprise. I will be doing the same for another family and not sure what to do? the postcards we received were Mickey shaped and signed by mickey with a note above the signature. It also had Magic Kingdom stamps and was mailed from there....Did my fairygodmother write the note and just have mickey sign it? do we sign it ourselves? where do you get the stamps? and do you leave the mail at the front desk? Where is the best place to get postcards? We have dinner at Crystal Palace the first night we are there, is this a good start for the signature on the postcards??

I too am looking to find where the best place is for postcards, where to mail, etc. I know when we've done this before, there wasn't a great selection on Disney property.
I think most people write and sign the cards themselves, copying the character autograph. This is a site someone mentioned earlier on for examples of character signatures:
http://home.att.net/~disneysue/characters/wdw/disneycharacters.html
Click on the character, and you'll find info and their autograph. I know you're
VERY creative, so this should be easy for you! ;)

Hopefully we'll get more info from others who are experts at this! Meantime, I can't wait to hear how your sons respond to their surprise, and hear about your trip. Hope you have a wonderful, MAGICAL trip!! pixiedust:

I wish there was a way to combine this thread with the Fairy Godmailer list I participate in.....Just last week I sent out 13 postcards from WDW and it is always so much fun to do the first night!
Really kicks off my "magical" trip.

My sister, wife and I will be at WDW from 11/28/2008-12/06/2008.

We would love to help spread the Disney Magic.

The first 5 people that send me a pm we will send their child a post card from their favorite character.

Please send name of child, address and any special message and a couple of different characters in case we can't find their first choice.

Mark

I still have a couple openings... PM me if we can help share that Disney Magic.

Mark

I have only been contacted by one person, so I can still send a few more postcards if anyone would like one.

Send me a pm.

:wizard:

Received more requests, so have all my people to send to.
Thanks!

Anyone who needs cards sent out for october or later, I can send out in September. Please send pm in the next 2 weeks so I have the labels printed:goodvibes

This is a great idea!!! My son is to old for this but I would love to do it for some other kids. I think I will post before my next trip in Dec and check for interested DIS'ers

We will be there in the first week of December. I'm more than happy to send 5 postcards out. The first 5 people to pm will get cards. Let me know if you kids have any favorite characters and if I should include a special message. Thanks!!!

I'm back from my trip! I sent out all of my postcards, so be on the lookout. I was disappointed to find that there wasn't a large selection of postcards in any one spot - at least not that I found. I bought them the first day at the MK. They had real fancy ones that cost well over a $1 and regular cards for 0.75. They had park paks of 10 for $5.
I hope you like them - they may not be everyone's favorites, but they are nice.

I'm back from my trip! I sent out all of my postcards, so be on the lookout. I was disappointed to find that there wasn't a large selection of postcards in any one spot - at least not that I found. I bought them the first day at the MK. They had real fancy ones that cost well over a $1 and regular cards for 0.75. They had park paks of 10 for $5.
I hope you like them - they may not be everyone's favorites, but they are nice.

Hi Lil'Simba:

Which store did you find them in?

Did you mail them from MK Town Hall and do they have special stamps?

Thanks,

Mark

My daughter got her postcard today and she was so excited! I would love to do this for someone else going in late Sept or Oct. We are going Sept 7th, so please pm me if you would like me to send one out for you!

Hi Lil'Simba:

Which store did you find them in?

Did you mail them from MK Town Hall and do they have special stamps?

Thanks,

Mark

I did buy them in the Emporium at the MK. I mailed them from DHS. The CM told me they would have a Disney stamp on it....I mailed one to myself so I could see it, but I didn't get it yet...I'll let ya know! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter