• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paying it forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would LOVE it if someone would be willing to send 2 postcards to my sons. We are going 9/14 & would certainly love to repay the favor!!!

TIA :)

Jenny

:confused3 I am very interested in this whole idea of Pay It Forward. Can someone please take a few moments and explain to me what exactly it entails? I think: I send someone the name and addresses of my nieces.
Someone sends them a postcard from WDW while they are there.
In return, I do the same thing while we are there.

Does this sound right? I assume the person sending the cards writes the message, since my nieces will probably recognize my writing. Do I need to send the cards to the person mailing them, or are they purchased by the mailer? And about how far ahead of time do I need to plan this? We are going in September, and I don't really want the cards coming too early, so do I look for someone going like 2 weeks before us? The kids are 10 and 12, and it is their first trip. Do you think they are too old for this? I appreciate any information anyone would like to pass on.

Is there one of these PIF's for Disneyland?? I would love to make a kids day and that is my home park.

So you just pick up a postcard and have a charector sign it???

I would be up for helping some one with this, it seems really fun!

Basically you provide one of the folks that have volunteered w/ your childs name and mailing info via P.M., in turn while that DIS board member is at WDW, they will purchase and mail the child w/ a post card w/ a personalized message from a character there. Some folks will even ask what character or what you'd want the card to say....

You in turn, get a child or children's names to send a post card to while you are in WDW...that's all there is to it!

I am in Canada, last year my DS8 and I sent 125+ fairy god mailers. I now need to get my hands on about 150 stamps for this years effort. Thanks to the generosity of many DIS'ers we reached that goal last year. Granted I am from Canada these stamps are hard to come by, any help would be much appreciated, I am not asking for free handouts, I can pay for them no problem, I just need some and I need them soon! :goodvibes

Please PM me

Many thanks - Amanda and Sean

I'm confused....:confused3 ....do you mean you need American stamps? Why not just go to your local post office? You can buy American stamps at a Canadian post office...I get them there all the time.

I will be leaving Aug 7 and would be very grateful if anyone could send 4 postcards anytime over the summer before we leave. :goodvibes I really would love 2 for the first timers in this trip, but if possible I know the other two would still love a card. :love:
Ages are 10b, 11g (first time!) and 13b & 15g

We will be glad to send out cards too when we're there. :wizard: I'm planning on doing 8 so just PM or email me at Pinkdiamond816@aol.com if you would like a card sent, and don't forget to mention a few characters you might like! :yay:

I'm confused....:confused3 ....do you mean you need American stamps? Why not just go to your local post office? You can buy American stamps at a Canadian post office...I get them there all the time.

Really, when i ask in my Ontario Post pffice they tell me I can only buy them while I am there.

I need USA stamps form mailing in the USA not from Canada to the states, maybe that is where youa re confused?

Really, when i ask in my Ontario Post pffice they tell me I can only buy them while I am there.

I need USA stamps form mailing in the USA not from Canada to the states, maybe that is where youa re confused?

Yes, that is why I'm confused....I assumed if you were asking people to send them to you, you were mailing the items from here. If you are planning on mailing your post cards while in the USA, why not just buy the stamps there? (Not that this is any of my business of course!! Just curious!!) :flower3:

Think I understand it all now. Ok almost....

So if I'm in the park doing this for one of you, do I buy the postcard and fill it out myself and mail? Or are you guys getting the characters themselves to actually sign them?

Just thinking the character thing might be tricky getting them to write a postcard note. On the other side, I'd really have to work on my penmanship if I was going to write it!

When we were there last September, I very neatly printed a message to the child, then had the character sign. It was pretty easy since we had several character meals (I think we sent 10 postcards, all but 2 with different characters). The only one I had a problem with was Aurora, never did see her, so I had to sign that one myself.

I will need 2-3 postcards sent to us (and extended family) for our Grand Gathering in July or August.

Need one for niece and nephew combined,
one for my kids combined,
and, if someone was willing, one for my mil and fil,
because they will be amazed once again at my crazy WDW skills (it's their first trip.)
I would love to surprise them all!

I can do the same amount in Sept. (16th-27th).

Pm me if you can help me out!

I am leaving July 2 and I am there til the 11th
I can send postcard to anyone or their kids while I am there
I will be staying at the GF
Just PM me with you address

Hi, would anyone be willing to send a couple of cards to England for my 2 little boys? :wizard: :wizard: It would make them so happy. We're on our way on September 3rd and will return the favour. Please PM me if you can help:goodvibes

If someone could send one to my DSis9, she would be estatic!

We leave August 10th...any chance on sneaking on someone's list?

I will send a couple of cards again :)

Sambaramba; how long does it take for mail to get from the US to the UK?

im leaving tomorrow and staying until july 9th. if anyone needs any cards sent out, i'd be willing to do 3 or 4 :). Just send me a PM pirate:

Would anyone be willing to send postcards to my DD# and my DD4? We will be going soon, and have had Mickey "call" them, but this would be a great surprise as well. I would also love to help out anyone wanting postcards on our trip in August, please pm me

Thanks!

I would be willing to send 5 postcards, we are leaving this weekend. I'm new to this, I wish I would've known about this earlier as this would've been nice for my DD to get a postcard before our trip, we'll be celebrating her 9th birthday while at Disney.:hippie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter