Paying it forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeeLeeLuvsDisney said:
Do you just buy postcards at Disney and then go to Guest Relations to get them signed? Or do you wait in line at the character meets or get them at character meals?

All you have to do is buy the postcards, write a note on it and "sign" the character's name. Then mail it. It's real easy and the kids love receiving them. I just completed 18 of them and mailed them last week. Those little mouseketeers should be receiving them real soon! ;)

Sounds easy enough! I'd be glad to do a few, as I posted before. We're heading out to DLR this week, but when we come back, I know we'll be at WDW a ton between November and January. If anyone wants postcards sent, just PM me with all the info I'll need.

Everyone on this site is just wonderful!!! And deserve a BIG THANK YOU!! It is so nice to see people who are willing to do something nice for kids!!!

Hi all,

What's the cost on this? I guess it's just the price of a postcard plus the postage, eh? So where can you get decent postcards without breaking the bank? I've looked at a few in WDW but of course my eyes are always drawn to the 3d ones. I'd like to do this for some kids when we go in December, but I don't want to promise too many and then not be able to come through because of $$. Hope I'm not being crass but we are on a bit of a budget and I don't want to overcommit myself but I do so want to help spread the magic.

Hypermommy.......

Usually most people only commit to 5 or less. So, your looking at the cost of the postcard and the stamp. I usually try to get mine in the resort gift shop the very first day and mail them immediately so that I have it done. Good Luck!

LeeLeeLuvsDisney....

In the past I have taken my postcards to the CRT breakfast and had all the Princessess sign them and then mailed them. That went over really well. And, if I know I'm not going to see the character at one of our meals, I just sign creatively for them! Have Fun!

Now, for my own little project......

My DDad has finally agreed to go to Disney World with us next September. My mother is estatic but he is less than thrilled. I was thinking about having a postcard a month sent to him till we go. Just trying to tease him a bit. Anyone want to play along or have another idea????

Thanks!

When we went to WDW in September we sent several postcards, one to a DD (4) of a coworker. She has carried it around with her everywhere since she received it. They left to go to Disney Saturday (an 8 hour + drive from southern Alabama) and received a phone call about 1/2 way there. They were taking my coworker's father to the hospital with a possible massive stroke. So, the car makes a U-turn and while worried about his father, they are trying to console their DD. Grandfather is still in the hospital, but doing well. They are in the process of rescheduling their trip and I thought a new postcard from Disney would help. If anyone is leaving soon and wouldn't mind sending a postcard to a very sweet, but unhappy child, I would so greatly appreciate it. You can PM me and I will send you the information.

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure she is going to love it.

Okay, I'm in. I'll be at WDW Dec 8 through the 16th. I'll be happy to send postcards to the first 4 people that PM me. If you haven't heard from me in a day or so after PM'ing me, please say something on this thread becuase it will probably mean I don't know how to check my PMs :-)

Please let me know the age of the child, the gender of the child, and his/her name and address and who their favorite characters are (in order of their liking) just in case I can't find something from the first character. Also, let me know when the child will be in Disney so I can say something about that. And any other info you think appropriate.

Hope I'm doing this right and that I can help spread the pixie dust.

Looking for someone to send a postcard to my two little princesses (ages 3 and 5). We are headed to WDW the first week of December. If there is anyone out there who will be going in the next couple of weeks or if someone has an extra postcard, please PM me!

Thanks for your help!

Thank you to Kraig (kjm4) for the great magnetic postcard sent to my kids from "Mickey!" It made their day!

Will pay it forward and send a postcard to someone. We will be in WDW next week :cheer2: and can send a couple. Just PM me the info!

Hi, I was just reading this and thinking what a wonderful idea and then I saw your last name. My last name is Dionne and my husbands parents are from Maine. I see you are from New Hampshire.

:dance3: Ok am going back :moped: Anybody needs one for January... I will be there Jan. 2 to 5 and Jan. 24 to Jan. 28 PM away!!!

momof2cutegirls said:
Looking for someone to send a postcard to my two little princesses (ages 3 and 5). We are headed to WDW the first week of December. If there is anyone out there who will be going in the next couple of weeks or if someone has an extra postcard, please PM me!

Thanks for your help!

Thank you Chelley00 for doing this for my daughters!

It is amazing how many of you all have responded. I will return the favor when we are done in WDW!

I will be going down from Nov. 9-16. I will be happy to send out around 5 postcards. PM me with your info. and I'll get right back to you to confirm.

I;m going 11/25-12/2 and I can send out 5 postcards. THe first 5 PM's I get I'll send too. I will post when I'm full.
THanks

I have only received 1 PM taking me up on my offer so I thought I'd re-post. I'm going to WDW December 8-16 and have room to send 4 more postcards. Please PM me with pertinant information if you're interested. Please include name of child, address, favorite character, when you're going, age and gender of child [so I make sure I say appropriate things], any other info you think useful. Four more slots... will post when I'm full (good idea there BBGirl so please consider it "stolen" ;) ).

This is a great idea. I will be at WDW 11/5 - 11/10. I'm willing to send out 3 PC's. Just PM me with Name, Address and preferred character.

9 days and counting :eeyore:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter