Paying it forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really dumb question - how do you send the postcards? I wouldn't mind sending some out - but what's the procedure? You buy a card, write a note "from" the character - hunt them down to autograph it and mail it? Mail it without an autograph, what? I just have this image of myself at a chacter breakfast flipping through a stack of postcards to get them autographed.....

dawnball said:
I have a really dumb question - how do you send the postcards? I wouldn't mind sending some out - but what's the procedure? You buy a card, write a note "from" the character - hunt them down to autograph it and mail it? Mail it without an autograph, what? I just have this image of myself at a chacter breakfast flipping through a stack of postcards to get them autographed.....
Dawn, my card came from "mickey and the gang" and didn't include his autograph but my kids weren't concerned with that. I've asked for ideas from the parents on what the cards should say and/or what character should be on the card, but my plan is to get them the first day we arrive and write them while my kids are sleeping. That way they don't see them and I'll mail them right away..... so I don't forget.
Hope that helps!

connorsmom911 said:
We will be there April 29-May 2, and would be willing to pay it forward (we're kind of doing it already on property...my co-worker is checking in the day after we check out, so her dd will get a package at the desk from my ds!).

PM me your kids name, address and favorite characters, and anything else you'd like included!

I PM'd you...

We are going to WDW May 18th-22nd. I would be happy to send a post card to some of your little ones. Just PM me name, address, fav characters and if there is a special message you would like on the post card.

We are going to be in WDW May 14th-20th (me, DW, DS14, and DD12). I think my kids will get a kick out of sending these off to make someone else's day. Just PM me name, address, favorite characters and if there is a special message you would like on the post card.

We will be arriving oct 25th and staying till nov 4. Celebrating 2 b'days also, would love to keep this going till then! :grouphug:

I will be in WDW from May 10th to 20th and we would love to be able to share some Disney Magic with others. We will send postcards too! The first 5 ppl that pm me with their information (names, fave char's, anything special they want written on the postcard) we will mail to while we are there. What a fun idea!! It would be fun if my kids could mail a card to someone in their same sex/age range, kind of a pen pal thing. I have DD(12) DS (10) and DS (5) (and me and my DH in our early 30's lol) Or we can just mail something and sign it as though it were from their fave character, whatever you like. Can't wait to hear from ppl, hurry and pm me as we leave in 19 days! (ok seems like a long time away but we all know those last few days before leaving are so filled with last minute planning, organizing and packing! lol)

Jennifer

what a great idea. We are taking DD7 and DS10 down mid August. I'll have to check back for anyone going end of July, beginning of August. We will cetainly be willing to do the same for anyone going after us.

This sounds so like a great thing that you all are doing!!! Can I join :)

I'm not leaving Till Sept 30, but we will be celebrating my sons birthday (its 9/23) with this trip to disney...He would just die to get a post card!! I would be so happy to pay it forward...perhaps a nice halloween postcard or Christmas postcard to pay it forward? :)

Just PM me :)

We'll be the week of July 4th, anyone needing a postcard let me know. party:

Hi all! Would love it if someone going in the beg. or mid-July to send my two DD's each a postcard. I will gladly do the same when we go in August. We've done this before and it is a joy to see my two girls getting their post cards in the mail. Then, knowing that when I send mine some other little one will be just as excited. Plese pm if anyone is able to do this. Thanks, Tink :goodvibes

I would love to get in on this! We are going the first week in June so I would love for my DD9 to get a postcard and I would be more than happy to send someone's little one's a postcard as well. Let's trade info! PM me if you are interested! Thanks :love:

My little boy received his postcard from "Buzz Lightyear" today in the mail (from a Dis member) and he is so excited. He has been carrying it around with him since the minute he got it! We are going mid-May and I would be glad to pick up postcards for a family. PM me their names, address, and favorite characters. :thumbsup2

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Hey I am going to WDW on September 22nd I would love if someone could send postcards for three children for me. And of course If there is anyone going after September I'd be happyto send them some postcards

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

ok...I am goin May 31st-June 11th, so anyone want postcards...I have three going out already but can do maybe three more...let me know...about a month to go...YIPPIE!!

I will be taking my girls (3,5,6) to Disney World for thier very first trip on May 15-17 if anyone could possibly send them a card before hand I would gladly re pay the favor to another. -Beth

We are going in December 2006 and I would love to do this for someone!! This sounds sooooo awesome!! Anyone going before December willing to do it for two kids?

I'm getting excited just thinking about the JOY this creates!! Awesome!! :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter