Paying for someone's meal as a surprise

klfrech

DIS Veteran
My D recently got engaged and will be at Le Cellier on Sunday. We would like to pay for their dinner as a surprise. Dining reservations says I can't do this. Any ideas?

If he's already left then it's too late. There is no mechanism in place to do what you want. The best you could have done would have been to give him a gift card with which to pay the bill.

They don't leave until tomorrow.

Reservation is not until Sunday.

I can't believe there isn't a way to do this. I'd rather not just give them a gift card...I'd like the waiter to present them with the bill and says it's already been taken care of.

My MIL did that for us for our 10th anniversary (not at Disney) and 20 years later, I still think it was one of the nicest surprises!

Not sure about Le Cellier, but it happened to us at California Grill. We were celebrating DD's birthday. After a wonderful dinner, we kept waiting and waiting for the check. Finally, I asked the waiter who told me the bill was taken care of already.

I'd try calling the restaurant directly and ask them about. Perhaps you can call while they're dining and leave a credit card number for the bill?

This question comes up here occasionally. I don't recall every having seen someone posting a successful solution to this. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me.:)

They don't leave until tomorrow.

Reservation is not until Sunday.

I can't believe there isn't a way to do this. I'd rather not just give them a gift card...I'd like the waiter to present them with the bill and says it's already been taken care of.

My MIL did that for us for our 10th anniversary (not at Disney) and 20 years later, I still think it was one of the nicest surprises!

Believe it!!!
The question comes up over and over again and the answer is consistently, no this can't be done.

Most companies seem very learly these days about taking credit cards over the phone. I know we don't allow it at all here.

You can't do this at WDW if you are not actually there. Best you can do is find some way to get a gift card to them.

You can't do this at WDW if you are not actually there. Best you can do is find some way to get a gift card to them.

Some Reasons:
1) If you are at WDW, they can always use your room charge as a backup.
2) If not there, how do they know you-are-you on the phone?
3) If not there, how do they know the credit card is not stolen, and just not reported yet?

We had friends surprise us on our honeymoon and payed for our dinner. Not sure how they did it! Of course that was back in 1999,so i'm sure things have changed! Maybe if you had the reservation number??? dunno!!!

My parents found a way to call Alfredo's 4-5 years ago and arrange to buy a bottle of wine for us. They called the restaurant direct and gave a credit card number. I'm not sure how they found the number, but you could try the Epcot dining special requests line and see if they'll transfer you to the restaurant. 407-560-6395. Worth a shot.

My D recently got engaged and will be at Le Cellier on Sunday. We would like to pay for their dinner as a surprise. Dining reservations says I can't do this. Any ideas?

Target and Walgreens carry Disney gift cards you can give them one and a nice card and tell them to not open it until they arrive? Just a thought - Otherwise I would call the restaurant directly - NOT the ressie hotline as sometimes they will do things they "cant" do :)

GOOD LUCK

We surprised my in-laws with dinner at Victoria & Alberts a few years ago. I made the reservation for them (over the phone) and paid for it with my credit card (over the phone). We then gave them picture hints at Christmas about where they were eating dinner on their vacation. I called V&A directly.

The thing to do is to track down the direct number for Le Cellier and call it. Not sure how much help you will get from the restaurant but this cannot be done through WDW-DINE.

I know a girl in our group turned 21 on her birthday and one of her friends from Australia bought her a drink and paid for it when we were at the French restaurant , thought it was really kool, that was about 4 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter