paying for dining plan

amybethchristiansen

Mouseketeer
Hi--

For our upcoming trip, I added the dining plan. I was told by MS that I had to pay for the dining plan right then (booked last week for a June 3-12 trip). I didn't question this. I was hoping to use the Sam's Club Disney Gift cards to pay for the dining. Is there any way I can change payment when I get there? Or is what's done done? I'm confused.

Thanks, Amy

Hi--

For our upcoming trip, I added the dining plan. I was told by MS that I had to pay for the dining plan right then (booked last week for a June 3-12 trip). I didn't question this. I was hoping to use the Sam's Club Disney Gift cards to pay for the dining. Is there any way I can change payment when I get there? Or is what's done done? I'm confused.

Thanks, Amy

Yes. Correct. You now have to pay for the dining plan when you add it, not when you check in. Have you already purchased the Disney Gift Cards? If so, I would call back and ask. I don't think you can switch once you get there.

Good luck.

If you don't want to pay for the dining plan so far in advance,
you can still make dining reservations, but you don't have to pay for the dining plan up to 48 hours prior to check in, correct????

My philosophy is why pay for it so far in advance?

If someone can verify the 48 hours rule I would appreciate it!:cool1:

you can still make dining reservations, but you don't have to pay for the dining plan up to 48 hours prior to check in, correct????

Correct, must be added and paid for before 48 hours of check in.

The only time someone might want to add it earlier is if they are making reservations that have to be pre-paid at time of reservation, like Cinderella's Royal Table. If there is no dining plan when that reservation is made, then you have to pay and get reimbursed later.

But for most reservations, it can be added up until 2 days prior as mentioned.

Do you think they will let me refund it and start again with the Disney gift cards at a later date? Are you allowed to cancel it?

Do you think they will let me refund it and start again with the Disney gift cards at a later date? Are you allowed to cancel it?

The only time we can refund is when the reservation is paid in full and then over paid. We can certainly refund the credit card you used if you have gift cards to use. :goodvibes

I've never bought Sam's Club Disney Gift Cards. Is there a discount or something? It sounds like if you have to buy the gift cards, then use the gift cards to buy the DDP, it seems like you can just cut out "the middle man."

I've never bought Sam's Club Disney Gift Cards. Is there a discount or something? It sounds like if you have to buy the gift cards, then use the gift cards to buy the DDP, it seems like you can just cut out "the middle man."

Yes, the Sams Club Gift Cards are $100 value but cost $98.87. They also come with a Bonus $10 card for Disneystore or .com.

10 cards will give you $100 in free Disney Store merchandise:wizard:

Yes, the Sams Club Gift Cards are $100 value but cost $98.87. They also come with a Bonus $10 card for Disneystore or .com.

10 cards will give you $100 in free Disney Store merchandise:wizard:

If you are in Texas, grocery store H-E-B has a Disney Gift Card deal for a week every December where you can buy a $15 Disney Gift Card and get a $5 H-E-B Gift Card free, which is almost as good as cash. Most bought dozens that commented on threads about it on the Budget Board and other sites. I bought 80 for $1200 and got $400 in free groceries. I could have bought another 30 and still used the gift cards on my last trip. The money goes quickly at the World.

Man! I really wish we had stores around here that offered those great discounts and extras!

So if you pay for the dining plan and then want to cancel ... they will DEFINITELY refund your money? Within reason of course say before the 48 hour mark.

They absolutely allowed me to refund my credit card and charge the gift cards. THEN, my wait list for OKW came thru, and my meal plan/payment transferred! I was afraid that they would refund the gift cards and I would have to start over. Not that that was a big deal, but still. I am a very happy camper today!

Hi, Another Sam's Club member here,THANKS for this info!! :thumbsup2 Joan

They appear to have been a Christmas left over. I live in the Naperville, IL area. At the Naperville store, they have been sold out for awhile. BUT, I work in Joliet, IL, which is a somewhat less affluent area. I was able to buy 19 there. So, it is rather hit and miss at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter