Paying Cash for a DVC Villa

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I was able to book DHHIR for October with cash and got a member's discount. I already paid for the first night, which was the deposit. I paid with a credit card, and they said I would pay the remainder at checkin. I'm curious to know if you can pay with a Disney GC. I didn't think about it when I paid the deposit.

I was able to book DHHIR for October with cash and got a member's discount. I already paid for the first night, which was the deposit. I paid with a credit card, and they said I would pay the remainder at checkin. I'm curious to know if you can pay with a Disney GC. I didn't think about it when I paid the deposit.
For cash stays, they usually charge the card on file around 6 AM on checkin day. You can get the front desk to credit your CC and apply GC, if you go when you arrive. Or you can call a day or week before checkin and apply the GC over the phone. NB this is what guests do with normal cash reservations, and they call Disney central reservations. I don’t know whether you’d call MS, regular Disney reservations, or DHHIR!

Short answer is yes, you should be able to pay with a gift card.

@CarolynFH discussed some above for the balance.

You may also be able to get your deposit changed from your CC to your a gift card if you're willing to spend the time on the phone to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter