• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paying baggage fees at the resort airline check-in desk??

klacey1

DIS Veteran
We're staying at POR and flying Airtran. For our flight home :sad1: in August, when we bring our bags to the Resort Check-in Desk to check in for our flight/give them our bags, can we pay our baggage fees then? TIA!

Have they changed this at all. My friend just got back and they paid their baggage fees at the resort when they checked their bags. They stayed at All Star Music. I thought you still had to call to pay by CC also but she said she didn't.

Possibly. If so, the instructions you get in your departure paperwork will tell you. If it's an option to pay them the night before, I probably still would; one less thing to do on departure day.

When we checked our bags at SSR in January they let me pay the fee right at the counter! I used to call it in before leaving the room, but didn't need to at SSR!

Interesting. At BWV in March, I still called the night before, and I *think* that was the only option, but I could be wrong.

Last september at POR we were paid our bag fee at RAC when they took our bags and "checked" them for us. In PREVIOUS years at All Stars we had to call on the phone. Not sure if it's a moderate vs. values thing or a new process.

Last Spring Break (2011), we stayed at the Contemporary and paid via cc the night before. I had a confirmation number but Airtran said was had not paid when we checked in at the resort desk. After several calls, we finally had to board the bus without checking in. We paid the fees a second time at the Airtran desk, just to get home.

Upon our return, I got a refund from the WDW telephone payment but it was a hassle.

The "Participating Airline" sticky has the details:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=944813

The basic idea: you call before checking in with RAC, and pay with a credit card over the phone. You can do this the evening before your flight if you wish. Your departure packet should have the details as well.
See, last time I called Delta, paid for both bags and then went to check in/drop our bags off at RAC. We were told then than my boyfriend had been pulled aside as a randomly security check and we had to check him in and bring his suitcase to the Delta desk at the airport. This wouldn't have been a problem if, when we got to the airport, Delta said they had no record of me paying for both bags over the phone, even though I had a confirmation number. (Delta said the number wasn't valid) We had to pay AGAIN and never got our money back-- so we paid $30 for the one bag one way. I wanted to pay at RAC this time to avoid such things.

Last september at POR we were paid our bag fee at RAC when they took our bags and "checked" them for us. In PREVIOUS years at All Stars we had to call on the phone. Not sure if it's a moderate vs. values thing or a new process.
Thank you for this info-- we're staying at POR. What airline did you fly, if you don't mind my asking?

When we were staying at VWL in April, we tried to call the number that was included with our departure paperwork to pay our bag fee. (We were flying back on Delta.) We were told they no longer accepted payment over the phone and that we would need to pay at the RAC.

Last Spring Break (2011), we stayed at the Contemporary and paid via cc the night before. I had a confirmation number but Airtran said was had not paid when we checked in at the resort desk. After several calls, we finally had to board the bus without checking in. We paid the fees a second time at the Airtran desk, just to get home.

Upon our return, I got a refund from the WDW telephone payment but it was a hassle.

Same thing happened to us-- this is why I'm hoping to avoid paying over the phone!

We always pay at the airport because then you have the opportunity to upgrade to business class. We upgraded last time for only $29 for both of us and didn't have to pay for our checked bags! And this was with AirTran.

We always pay at the airport because then you have the opportunity to upgrade to business class. We upgraded last time for only $29 for both of us and didn't have to pay for our checked bags! And this was with AirTran.

Did you have to take your bags then? I like turning the checked bags over to RAC in the morning and then just finding them at my home airport when we get home. It seems like they wouldn't take your bags until you paid.

Did you have to take your bags then? I like turning the checked bags over to RAC in the morning and then just finding them at my home airport when we get home. It seems like they wouldn't take your bags until you paid.

I agree. I'd like to avoid going to the Airtran counter at all on our way home-- I don't want to drag our suitcases through MCO...I'd much rather pay at RAC, if that is possible...

We just got back on Friday. We paid for our luggage in the morning at the RAC desk. I think they just recently changed this policy. We used to call in the night before and get a confirmation #.

Did you know that AirTran will now let you upgrade to business class, if there are seats still available, when you check in online? We love that you get those two free checked bags!

When we were staying at VWL in April, we tried to call the number that was included with our departure paperwork to pay our bag fee. (We were flying back on Delta.) We were told they no longer accepted payment over the phone and that we would need to pay at the RAC.

We were at POFQ flying out on Air Tran May 8th. I called early that morning and paid our luggage fee. Later that morning when we checked in at RAC, they did ask to see the confirmation number where we paid and said we could have waited and paid at the desk. Last Oct at CBR and in Dec at YC, I also called and paid the baggage fees over the phone.:confused3 I guess you can do it either way now.

We just got back on Friday. We paid for our luggage in the morning at the RAC desk. I think they just recently changed this policy. We used to call in the night before and get a confirmation #.

I was able to do that last December, so it isn't that recent. From what I was told last year, they changed over to allowing you to pay at RAC last September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter