Pay with gift card now or wait until check in?

lvthemouse

Earning My Ears
We have a room only reservation and owe @ $1,000 more. We have only been charged for our first night and pay rest upon chek in. I bought gift cards from a local grocery store (gas points). Should I just give them the cards at check in or should I call ahead of time and give them the cards over the phone.

We have a room only reservation and owe @ $1,000 more. We have only been charged for our first night and pay rest upon chek in. I bought gift cards from a local grocery store (gas points). Should I just give them the cards at check in or should I call ahead of time and give them the cards over the phone.

Either way works. I always pay in full prior to arrival, but that's just my preference ;).

I prefer to have the room paid off before I leave. One less thing to think about.

I agree with the others, I prefer to have it paid off before we arrive. If you do pay it off before you arrive, PLEASE make sure you keep the Gift Cards. If you have to cancel for any reason and need to be refunded, they will ONLY refund the $$ back onto the Gift Cards used to pay. They cannot cut you a new Gift Card or send you a check, etc.

I wanted to add that the resort may charge the remainder of your room only reservation before you check in on check-in day. I have received the "large transaction posted" notifications from my credit card companies while on the ME bus and when deplaning. While they can un-do the charge and apply your gift cards, it takes some time to do that with the registration CM. Since that experience, I have called to apply my gift cards before our arrival day just so I don't have to go through that time consuming fix. You can also apply gift cards to your room for charges made to the room. Don't wait until you check out to do that. Otherwise, it's the same "un-do" story. At least that has been my experience. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter