• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PAY IT FORWARD at the ALL STARs -Looking for a new Host. Anyone??

mom2faith

DIS Veteran
This idea started for me last year and with the lack of swaps, I would like to organize a PAY IT FORWARD thread instead.

BACKGROUND

This started because I packed an abundance of snacks last year and was able to contact a DISer and leave the leftovers at the hotel for her. She got juice, water, etc and many other snacks. She was then in turn, going to PAY IT FORWARD to another guest.

Our biggest PITA was that we actually tossed a perfectly good booster seat we purchased 12 days earlier at Walmart. We did not know our booster seat at home was not for Airplanes and so had to leave it with my folks at the Airport and buy a $16 one when we got there. Again, we were stuck with not being able to bring it home (and it was not Stickered approved for Canada) so we had to leave it in the car. I would have LOVED to pass this on to another guest.

RULES

• This will be a grab bag type swap and you never know what you are going to get. I hope that we start it before I get there in September with current travellers, but if not, then I will start it then.
  • FOOD - must be sealed, labelled packages of snacks and leftover treats. No unsealed packages, please take those or garbage them.
  • Dish Soap, etc and other non-food liquid items - please ensure they are in sealed Ziploc bags so they do not burst and damage other items.
  • This is for the ALL STAR MOVIES resort only. Please do not join if this is not where you are staying. I would love to see other threads on here for other resorts, but this one is ALL STAR MOVIES only.
  • Things you may find or could include: bandaids, dish soap, toiletries, small childrens toys, water bottles, sealed snacks, really any small items you would like to PAY IT FORWARD.
  • I would like to limit this to one medium sized box, but would love to add a coffee maker, toaster or other small appliances. If anyone is heading there BEFORE me, please let me know if you are interested in adding these items. You will not be compensated for these items. I would like to keep track of the bigger items as permanent box inventory, so if you are leaving something like this please let me know. (I do not want it to go "missing" after a few people).
  • Once the box is started we will choose a name for our swap and label the box accordingly.

** I would like to consider opening this to all the ALL STAR HOTELS depending on interest. But the ALL STAR MOVIES will be the home resort. If you are at another ALL STAR resort and agree to PICK UP and DROP OFF the box at the MOVIES, I would consider adding you.

** Because of the immense interest in the POP I will also run one for POP on a different thread. But, I will just be the organizer as I do not stay there myself (yet). Click here for the POP thread.

The RULES will be updated as we get organized.

**UPDATE - April 22 - A lot of people are asking my "how is this going to work?" My answer is, it is what we make of it. You are not expected to "buy" anything extra for this box, it is just a grab box of left overs - glow sticks, bandaids, snacks, water, juice, small toys, etc. You can use what you want, and pass it on to the next family adding a few of your own leftovers. It can include anything really, but food must be sealed and labelled (use your own discretion when eating). If you bought a toaster and do not have room to take it home, do not throw is out - Pay it Forward. If you have extra glow sticks that you know you are never going to use - do not throw them out - Pay it Forward. It can be exactly what we make of it.

THE BOX

• So this BOX will be labelled and called the PAY IT FORWARD AT THE ALL STARS. Right now, I am asking whoever is first to start a small box and decorate it as you see fit. Be sure that the box is CLEARLY labelled PAY IT FORWARD AT THE ALL STARS. (Please also do this if you need to replace the box for any reason).
  • Please leave an area at the top of the box for each person to TAPE the following person's name to. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE THE NAME ON THE BOX. The box will get far too cluttered with names if we do that.
  • Instead, before you go, I will provide you with the information for the next family. If you could please use paper or recipe cards or similar to tape to the box to label it, it will keep the box cleaner.
  • If you have extra tape with you and notice the box is getting a little weak, please help us by reinforcing it. If the box does need replacing, please do your best to replace it or contact me so I can give a heads up to the next swapper.
  • Please do not leave garbage, junk or broken items for the next person, just throw them out. And as I have stated before, only sealed clearly labelled food. Thank you :)
  • I will provide the first swapper with $5 for a box, tape and a jiffy marker to stay with the box. Please get one of those foldable boxes from the dollar store to start (it should fit flat in your suitcase). If anyone has a box they can leave behind that can replace this - GREAT!! And, very much appreciated. Also, please maybe pack your own tape/marker (you do not have to leave it, just have it) in case ours goes missing. (I do not maind starting it - but do not want to spend a lot of money on it :) )

So who is in??

If you are interested, please PM me or post here. Once you are on the "list" please send me the following information via email:

For all of you already signed up please email me the following as soon as possible:

You DIS Screen Name ;) Forgot that one - LOL!!
Your First and Last Name
The First and Last Name on your reservation
Your check in/out dates
Your personal email
Any other information you feel you need to share with the swapper before you (IE Allergies, etc)
Confirmation Number

My personal email is mom2faith@hotmail.com.

** (_) Indicated ACTUAL check in/out dates

** If you do not see "confirmed :)" beside your name than I am still waiting for am email from you, thank you.

MAY - open May 1 to 28
The Princess's Mommy - May 29 to June 4 ** ASSp - please be sure to pick up/drop off the box at the MOVIES only - thank you!! - confirmed :)

JUNE - Open June 30 only :)
gvillemama - June 4 - June 10 ASMo - confirmed :)

pikafreaks - June 10 to June 17 ASMo - confirmed :)
Arielsleepingbeauty - June 18 to 29 ASMo - confirmed :)

JULY
AshtonsMom99 - July 14 to 21 - confirmed :)

AUGUST - open 1st to 9th, 24, 25
Peanut&Piglet'sMom - August 9 to 16 ASMo - confirmed :)
SEPTBABIES02 - August 16 to 23
mom2faith - August 26 to Sept 7 ASMo - confirmed :)

SEPT - open Sept 8 & 9,
starting Sept 7
frann - Sept 10 to Sept 21 ASMo Confirmed :)
tiki23 - Sept 23 to Sept 30 ASMu **Please pick up and drop off at ASMo - thank you:) ** Confirmed :)

OCT
nutsforwdw - Sept 30 (27) to October 4 Confirmed :)

NOV - open all but the 30th!!
tpettie - Nov 30 to Dec 14 ASMo - confirmed :)

DEC - open Dec 14 to 31
Starting Dec 14

I would love to be in.

I always have a TON of bottled water left over at the end of my trips. Plus the other things I thought I needed... (band aids, snack bars.. ect... ect...)

I will be at All Star movies from: June 10 - June 17

Please let me know if I need any other info~

What a great way to put a positive spin on the new rules!

Thanks,

pika

Count me in!
My dates are 10/1-10/5 and February 10 (Somewhere around mid-month-President's week, don't have exact dates yet)

Bumpity Bump - going to try to keep this on the first page for the day - want to offer those who are just hearing about the closed swaps an alternative!!

Amy

What a great idea! I'm not staying at the All Star but I'll give this a bump for you!

What a great idea. We had someone at AKL give us a case of water last year. We also had a couple in DTD give us two steak dinners and took my dd's and I to Earl of Sandwich and used 5 counter service credits that they had left over. They were leaving the next day in an hour and had the credits left over. Oh and they also gave us 6 fast passes to use at Magic Kingdom for any ride anytime before the end of the month. We in turn gave a couple that we had the day we were leaving our left over (sealed snacks) and our remaining water and fast passes.

Sorry, think I may have bumped the wrong thread earlier :lmao:

Awesome idea! YOU ROCK!! :cool2:

I'm the one you left all your goodies to, which I passed along with a few extras to the next guest. We are at WDW 9/10-9/21 (could be changed to 9/11, depending on airfare prices). I'd be thrilled to participate, if you'll have us. We are hoping to do deluxe dining, so snacks won't be a big issue, but I'm thinking there could definetly be some cool, useful items (maybe glow sticks, etc).

Me too me too.... I'm going to be there Nov 30-Dec 14th. I think I saw openings. Let me know close to that time if there is anything I can contribute.

I'm the one you left all your goodies to, which I passed along with a few extras to the next guest. We are at WDW 9/10-9/21 (could be changed to 9/11, depending on airfare prices). I'd be thrilled to participate, if you'll have us. We are hoping to do deluxe dining, so snacks won't be a big issue, but I'm thinking there could definetly be some cool, useful items (maybe glow sticks, etc).

HELLO AGAIN!!! I am so glad it worked out for you!!

I do not remember what we left you at all, but I know it was a few things - juice etc. I am so glad to "see" you again too. We are never at the world at the same time :(

Thanks everyone for joining!!

Amy

Thanks for adding me I'm all excited now and thinking of all the great bits I can leave behind for someone eles to use. :cool1: who would have thought adults would get such a kick out of shareing.... :hippie:

What a great idea! I'm in!

We'll be at ASSp May 29th - June 5th. I see someone else is already booked for the 5th, so we can do 5/29 - 6/4.

Thanks for getting this started!!

Just giving ya'll a bump. Way to go!!!
We always PIF what ever we have left over. We always try to find a family with children.

WOW!! We are starting to get some interest, so it is time to get a little organized!!

For all of you already signed up please email me the following as soon as possible:

• Your First and Last Name
  • The First and Last Name on your reservation
  • Your check in/out dates
  • Your personal email
  • Any other information you feel you need to share with the swapper before you (IE Allergies, etc)

My personal email is mom2faith@hotmail.com.

Please use the heading PAY IT FORWARD on your email, so I do not overlook it :)

Thank you everyone!!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter