Pay for DDP at time of booking??

jmchone0830

Mouseketeer
Okay, must have missed this somewhere but I just made a reservation for December 2011 and wanted to add the dining plan. She asked me what credit card I was paying with. I asked her can't I pay at the time of checkin and she she said no you need to pay as soon as you add it to the reservation. Is this a change or have I forgotten?? What do you do when making reservations for someone else that wants to add the dining plan?

Confused! :confused3

Yep, that is a new thing now....they started it when they were doing all of the system upgrades. If you added the DDP before the upgrades began, you could still wait for check-in to pay for it. I was informed of this back when I made my May reservations so I quickly added on the DxDP, therefore we will have to pay for it when we get there.

This trip was for me and my family and was taken by surprise and unprepared this morning but guess I don't care either way to pay now or later.

However, for those renting points you will have to get their cc# to add the dining plan? Not sure many people would be okay doing that.

If you are renting points to someone and they want the dining plan, either tell them no because of the pre-payment requirement or have them get a disney gift card or a gift card with a visa, mastercard or amex logo for the amount of the dining plan.

You need to visit the DVC Boards more often. It's been discussed here for a long time. Since it was first announced by DVC.

Yes, due to very busy schedules these past few months I have not had an opportunity to view these threads like I would like to. Would love to be out here every day but who has time for that?? Seems I've missed a lot. Wondering what other changes I've missed. :)

Yes, due to very busy schedules these past few months I have not had an opportunity to view these threads like I would like to. Would love to be out here every day but who has time for that?? Seems I've missed a lot. Wondering what other changes I've missed. :)

You know about the resale points, right?

Okay, must have missed this somewhere but I just made a reservation for December 2011 and wanted to add the dining plan. She asked me what credit card I was paying with. I asked her can't I pay at the time of checkin and she she said no you need to pay as soon as you add it to the reservation. Is this a change or have I forgotten?? What do you do when making reservations for someone else that wants to add the dining plan?

Confused! :confused3

You don't have to add the DDP when you make the reservation. You can add it at anytime prior to arrival, but you do have to pay for it in full when you add it. We just did it...

You don't have to add the DDP when you make the reservation. You can add it at anytime prior to arrival, but you do have to pay for it in full when you add it. We just did it...

Not quite. It has to be added at least 48 hours prior to your vacation.

I kind of like it this way. I can add it on when I have the money and then it's paid for and doesn't have to factor into what Cash/ Debit I need to have available when I get there. I like the annual passes for the same reason.

Change was also mentioned in multiple issues of Disney Files Magazine and on DVCMember.com...as well as many other unofficial news sources. ;) First notice came in early 2010--almost a year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter