Patio next to Rose and Crown still open to anyone?

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
We have a tradition of getting fish and chips from the stand next to R&C and watching Illuminations from the patio near the fish and chip stand. Haven't been in quite awhile tho and I know a lot of things have changed, including the show. But would we still be allowed to take our food onto that patio to eat or is it used for Rose and Crown diners now? And will that give us a good view of Harmonious? I know there is a dinner package at R&C that will give us patio seats for the show but it's awfully pricey for 4 adults - especially since I don't know what's on the prix fixe menu.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any tips. :)

We have a tradition of getting fish and chips from the stand next to R&C and watching Illuminations from the patio near the fish and chip stand. Haven't been in quite awhile tho and I know a lot of things have changed, including the show. But would we still be allowed to take our food onto that patio to eat or is it used for Rose and Crown diners now? And will that give us a good view of Harmonious? I know there is a dinner package at R&C that will give us patio seats for the show but it's awfully pricey for 4 adults - especially since I don't know what's on the prix fixe menu.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any tips. :)

If you are talking the area of tables between the QS and France - I can't remember the last time it was open during the fireworks. I've seen private parties there. We even ate there later in afternoon in February and they were already closing portions of it down and we couldn't use the lowest level. Maybe someone has experienced something different but we have not and we gravitate towards that area for fireworks.

The patio with iron tables next to the restaurant heading towards Canada are open, we used that in November but it fills quickly and early.

Yep, the one closer to France is the one we've gone to in the past. I was afraid it might not be open now that they have a dinner package. I just hate to pay $89 per person when I know everyone in our group is probably just going to want fish and chips. Oh well, it's Disney. Whatcha gonna do? :confused3

Thanks for the info. Anyone have a copy of the prix fixe menu for the Rose and Crown dinner package?☺

I know what I would do - get fish&chips and find somewhere else to watch the show! We are not overpriced dinner package fans.

It can be (and I'm talking about the tables alongside the fish & chips stand), although it is far from the best place to watch Harmonious (I've seen it from there). Also a chance that the area will be leased to a private party.

I was considering this as well and found a write up and menus on a Disney food blog. I’m not sure I can link to the site but Google can probably help :-)
The meal also includes alcohol if that appeals to your group.
06F66BED-8CD5-4974-8054-2C9497598D54.jpegA18E1059-CED9-4CC1-9718-DBA34879400C.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter