Path from FW to WL?

Karenj2

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!
Is there a path from FW to WL? If so, how long is it, and is it doable with two kids in strollers?

I was thinking of going there for dinner on our first night...

The path which starts at the horse shoeing shed is just about a mile. It's level all the way. You can also use the boat.

It's a great walk. Not well lit at night. Might want to walk over but boat back.

We've done the walk with one child in a stroller and one on "shoulders" and the other 2 skipping along. It's about a mile and it is doable.

Thanks for the info! I'd love to see pictures too, if anyone has them...

Depending on the time, how late you'll be... Don't forget a couple of flashlights.
I haven't been on the path past dark. But with the tall pine trees it gets darker in there pretty early. (I'm thinking it was around 6:00)
It is really pretty, and there are always deer through there.

I also vote doable, but remember flashlights if it will be dark when you head home.

We've also ridden bikes over there for both breakfast and lunch, in case you'll have bikes along and seats or tag-alongs for the kiddos.

Golf carts aren't allowed on the path... but it is a very easy bike ride over if you had child seats on your bikes... we did that and made sure we had headlights and taillights on our bikes.

Here is a picture of the Wilderness Lodge/Exercise Trail just after it passes the road from FW loop 2000/2100 looking toward WL. The road for the busses between FW and WL is on the right.

IMG_20110406_140009.jpg

I like to refer to this part of the trail as an "outdoor cathedral".

Bama ED

Last time I commented on this, someone said that the trail has been closed due to the building of a future vacation club hotel thingy.... :sad1: anyone really know what is up with the path nowdays???

Thanks!
MB

My DD11 and I walked this trail Sunday, had lunch at the lodge and then boated back. I was worried I was crossing into an area we shouldn't be in, so I asked the first CM we came across (around the Backyard BBQ pavilion) and they pointed us in the direction to go without any problem of us walking back there. It was nice and quiet but not much to see other than butterflies, some outbuildings, a weird pen with chickens in it and fencing to keep us out of where we shouldn't be. I took a few pictures I will upload them later...too tired from MNSSHP tonight to do much more than read this board. :upsidedow

Last time I commented on this, someone said that the trail has been closed due to the building of a future vacation club hotel thingy.... :sad1: anyone really know what is up with the path nowdays???

Thanks!
MB

Path should be open till March 2012, was going to be this month in Oct but project has been delayed, Also note that the bus routes will be rerouted when they do closed this pathway and road.

Path should be open till March 2012, was going to be this month in Oct but project has been delayed, Also note that the bus routes will be rerouted when they do closed this pathway and road.

Is that end of March, or beginning? We're thinking of camping at the end of Feburary early March (or first week in March).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter