Past Guest Perks ...Are There Any ?

mc'smommy

Troublemaker Tours
Hello
I was wondering about past guest perks.. Are there any... I have heard of gifts in your cabin etc..

Any experiences ?

Yes, as a "Castaway Club" member (previous DCL cruiser) we received a very nice Castaway Cay beach towel and a Disney pin - one per stateroom of Castaway Club members. I'm not sure if that's still what the gift is - this was in Dec 2004.

Yes, the returning cruiser gift...ex..towel, perhaps bag, and pins in your stateroom...THere is also a returning cruiser CC check-in line(not always faster though..) ANd there is a CC cocktail during the cruise..

There are so many returning cruisers that I guess this is the most they can do.. :goodvibes

mommasita said:
Yes, the returning cruiser gift...ex..towel, perhaps bag, and pins in your stateroom...THere is also a returning cruiser CC check-in line(not always faster though..) ANd there is a CC cocktail during the cruise..

There are so many returning cruisers that I guess this is the most they can do.. :goodvibes

The CC Check-in line isn't much faster on the 7 night, but on the 4 night we went on it was quite a blessing! It really helped a lot! The cocktail party is nice. We have been on 6 cruises and only went to the party on our last one and we enjoyed it. I thought they changed the gift to a bag from the towel, but I could be wrong. On our last cruise (in Dec. 2004) it was still the towel.

DJ

When is the cc cocktail? What kind of drinks do they have? Is it something the kids also go to?

Wow ... Whether a bag or a towel... Nice idea..

Cocktail party ... even better... LOL :cheer2:

if you have 2 cruises booked at the same time but have never been before, can you get the CCC benefit for the 2nd cruise?

For example, I'm going on a 4 day in Jan with my mom, and a 3 day in May for a wedding. I've never been before, so obviously I'm not a member, but I will be after Jan.. Can I apply that to the May cruise?

did that make any sense at all?

Do you need to show proof that you've cruised before on Disney?
Or does Disney keep track?
Thanks, Jinny

txSleepingBeauty said:
if you have 2 cruises booked at the same time but have never been before, can you get the CCC benefit for the 2nd cruise?

For example, I'm going on a 4 day in Jan with my mom, and a 3 day in May for a wedding. I've never been before, so obviously I'm not a member, but I will be after Jan.. Can I apply that to the May cruise?

Unless things have changed, it takes a while to get your "kit" in the mail. Just call DCL about a month after your first cruise and they will be able to give you your Castaway Club number over the phone. Then either tell them or your travel agent to have it applied to your second reservation.

I received a great travel bag! I also received a bag through All Seas Travel which was double nice! :cool1:

Were they the same bag? We received one from our TA last time.

Sometimes you do and sometimes you don't get the survival kit. If you are going to get it you should get it in the mail shortly after your cruise. I also get mailings on occasion with various receipes and idea. I used two of my post cards for door signs this time around. Very good idea I thought. :rotfl2:

Once you have gone on Disney they keep you information. If you do not get a castaway club card all you have to do is call and they will give you your number. Once you have this number you can use it when you rebook to give to your TA. DCL should not have to have it if you book with them.

You also have a special phone number for CC members. I like this because you normally do not have to wait a long time.

You do have the special line for check-in at the terminal, but like OP stated it is not always the best line to use. Nor do you have to use this line. All it does for a CC member is speed your process if the other/regular line is busy.

You do get the advantage of booking your on-line reservations earlier than a new cruise. CC members can book on-line Palo, Spa and excursion 90 days out. Concerige is at 105 days out and new cruiser are 75 days out. This is only if paid in full.

You do get a gift that is normally on your bed when you first get into your room. The gift can vary. Sometimes it is a towel or bag. For special itinerary cruises you normally get a special gift as your CC member gift. For our Antigua sailing last year we got a very nice beach blanket with the itinerary on it. This year it was the white beach bag.

The CC Cocktail party is normally at Cadallic's and will have a over flow into another lounge at times. You are served Bahama Mama's and non alcholic drinks as well. You have a nice selections or snacks as well. The senior officers are at this party. You normally receive you invite a day prior to the party along with the CC member pins. We did not get pins on our last cruise. Our room server was a little slack and never left anything in our room. He just put it up on the fish that holds mail outside our room.

Txsleepingbeauty, yes on your second cruise you will be a CC member. If both are already booked you might want to call after your first cruise in January and get your CC number and make sure it is noted on your May cruise.

Kristen821, yes the kids can go to the party. My children loved it. They liked the food. :rotfl2: We did not stay long though.

mc'smommy said:
When you return from your first Disney cruise they snd you a Castaway Cay survival kit.. LOL

It is a DVD to waych and your past guest membership #'s..

I hope this helps...

Enjoy

Do you have to book a 2nd cruise in order to get the Castaway Cay survival kit?
We went on our 1st cruise on the Magic one month ago and haven't received anything.
Thanks. Jinny

No-we cruised in March and received our "kit" in May.

We just received our "kit" in the mail today. We cruised on the Magic one month ago. We're looking forward to seeing the DVD.
And I noticed that my name is missing on the card - my DH and both my DDs names are on it and one card with no name. :sad2:
I'll call Disney about it.

We sailed on the July 24th Wonder, but we have yet to receive our "kit". I did call and I was able to get our CC numbers.

Hopefully we will receive it soon...

Mickey&Co :cool1:

Good luck. We cruised for the first time over a year ago and have never received a "kit," nor have we received CC cards even though I've called and asked for them twice. I was able to get our CC numbers, though, in case they're needed for us to use the CC check-in desk at the port.

mc'smommy said:
When you return from your first Disney cruise they snd you a Castaway Cay survival kit.. LOL

It is a DVD to waych and your past guest membership #'s..

I hope this helps...

Enjoy

LOL ... it's been a year since I cruised and I've never rec'd the survival kit ... in spite of making 3-4 calls to DCL about it.

I was able to get my CC membership numbers via phone, but the gal I talked too was rather rude about giving them to me :( and I told her I needed them b/c I was booking another cruise - sheesh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter