• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Past and current cm only

rctfan1999

Earning My Ears
On castaway cay, how did the island get its power and water. Also I heard captain Gus of the Disney dream say that some cm's actually live on the island. If this is true, where do they live on the island.

There is housing on the island. About 60-70 people live there. You can see the complex from the top of the boat.

Early on, there were only about 6 CMs living on the island. The island itself has more developed areas and they have an animal care and research component, so there are now about 60 people housed there. If you go to the DCL employment web site, you can get some good info about life on the island.

On castaway cay, how did the island get its power and water. Also I heard captain Gus of the Disney dream say that some cm's actually live on the island. If this is true, where do they live on the island.

If you go to Google maps and search Castaway Cay or Gorda Cay you can see the island. At the end of the runway you can see several buildings outside of the guest areas. This is where the CMs live.

Castaway Cay uses diesel generators to provide power. The diesel is supplemented by used cooking oil from the ships to be as environmentally responsible and cost effective as possible!
http://static.dclnews.com/files/2011/08/DCL_Env_Fact_Final.pdf

As for water, that is generated and stored in very large tanks using the reverse osmosis method that is employed on the ships. They use sea water, and purify it via reverse osmosis.

http://www.htp.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42399439&postcount=37

Here is a photo a member posted of the extensive backstage area where all the "fun" happens!
Lot's of generators, water purifiers, large accommodation blocks, machinery all away from the public eye!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter