Passports???

emtmom0104

DIS Veteran
Ok...so I'm new at this passport thing as we just got our passports today:). I'm ok with mine but for my kids, all under 16, do they sign them or do we leave it blank? Hopefully this will be my only dumb question lol...ok we'll maybe not, my son was asking when and where they get stamped??? I have no clue! Help!

Ok...so I'm new at this passport thing as we just got our passports today:). I'm ok with mine but for my kids, all under 16, do they sign them or do we leave it blank? Hopefully this will be my only dumb question lol...ok we'll maybe not, my son was asking when and where they get stamped??? I have no clue! Help!

Not sure about the signature thing, but, I would think, if they can sign they would sign for themselves. If they can't sign, you will sign indicating "mother" or "father".

Passports stamps are rare these days. Unless you wish to waste port time tracking down where to get them.

:cutie:

In Nassau, you can get the passport stamped right by the dock. It is a fenced in building that says Security and there is a guard. He directs you to the buidling and the nice man stamps it.

For Castaway Cay, also the Bahamas, leave it with guest services and they will get it stamped for you.

We tried in St. Maartens and on the French side, but it was a holiday so no stamp for us. You can, on a regular day, get them on both side of the Island.
Maybe next time.

Nancy

OP, from the State Dept's passport site:

Q:My child is too young to sign his/her own passport. How do I sign my child's passport?
a:In the space provided for the signature, the mother or father must print the child's name and sign their own name. Then, in parenthesis by the parent's name, write the word (mother) or (father) so we know who signed for the child.

In Nassau, you can get the passport stamped right by the dock. It is a fenced in building that says Security and there is a guard. He directs you to the buidling and the nice man stamps it.

For Castaway Cay, also the Bahamas, leave it with guest services and they will get it stamped for you.

Fun! I like passport stamps. They just don't do it when entering Canada, sigh. DH travels for work and his passport is filling up! Mine and DS's are sad and lonely.

When we got off the ship after the EBPC when DS was 8 the custom clerk told DS to sign his passport himself.

Also, we did not have any luck leaving the passports with GS on the PC cruise. None of the agents wanted to do that. Your best bet is to take them with you and try yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter