Passports???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by emtmom0104, Jan 3, 2013.

1. emtmom0104

emtmom0104 DIS Veteran

Ok...so I'm new at this passport thing as we just got our passports today:). I'm ok with mine but for my kids, all under 16, do they sign them or do we leave it blank? Hopefully this will be my only dumb question lol...ok we'll maybe not, my son was asking when and where they get stamped??? I have no clue! Help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Not sure about the signature thing, but, I would think, if they can sign they would sign for themselves. If they can't sign, you will sign indicating "mother" or "father".

Passports stamps are rare these days. Unless you wish to waste port time tracking down where to get them.

:cutie:

4. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

In Nassau, you can get the passport stamped right by the dock. It is a fenced in building that says Security and there is a guard. He directs you to the buidling and the nice man stamps it.

For Castaway Cay, also the Bahamas, leave it with guest services and they will get it stamped for you.

We tried in St. Maartens and on the French side, but it was a holiday so no stamp for us. You can, on a regular day, get them on both side of the Island.
    Maybe next time.

Nancy

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

OP, from the State Dept's passport site:

Fun! I like passport stamps. They just don't do it when entering Canada, sigh. DH travels for work and his passport is filling up! Mine and DS's are sad and lonely.

6. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

When we got off the ship after the EBPC when DS was 8 the custom clerk told DS to sign his passport himself.

Also, we did not have any luck leaving the passports with GS on the PC cruise. None of the agents wanted to do that. Your best bet is to take them with you and try yourself.