• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line and Its Ports of Call from Amazon FYI

Schachteles

DIS Veteran
I cannot remember what thread I was reading, but we were talking about buying this book from Amazon...well I just got this e-mail...so now the book won't be released till April...I was hoping to have it sooner just because I am excited to read it, but at least I still have plenty of time. Thought that someone might like to know.

We're writing about the order you placed on January 15 2008 13:13 PST (Order# XX).

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below haschanged, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Jennifer Marx (Author), Dave Marx (Author)

"PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line and Its Ports of Call (PassPorter)" [Paperback]

Estimated arrival date: 04/01/2008 - 04/07/2008

From the Passporter Website...Pre-Order Status: We expect to begin shipping this guidebook around March 15, 2008. For fastest delivery, pre-order your copy directly from us as we're the first to receive books. Bookstores will have their copies 2-4 weeks later.

are you allowed to post their web address?

It can be posted because it's not a travel agency's site competing with this board's sponsor, Dreams Unlimited. You can go ahead and pre-order now, too. I have!!

http://www.passporter.com/dcl/guidebook.asp

You can also sign up for discounts for future books by registering your Passporter Guidebook, and there other ways to aquire a discount code as well. Check that out on their site, too.

http://www.passporter.com/store/discounts.aspx

IMO, it's well worth the money even without a discount! Enjoy!

If you preorder the Passporter on their website, they will e-mail you some sneak peek files so you can begin to check out the new book.....

Wonder why our dates our different? :confused3 See excerp from my email:

We're writing about the order you placed on November 18 2007 23:41 PST
(Order# xxxxxxxxx-8065839). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has
changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Jennifer Marx (Author), Dave Marx (Author) "PassPorter's Disney
Cruise Line and Its Ports of Call (PassPorter)" [Paperback]
Estimated arrival date: 03/26/2008 - 03/28/2008

Although we're not cruising until 11//08 I was looking forward to getting a headstart on planning. :rolleyes1

Wonder why our dates our different? :confused3 See excerp from my email:

We're writing about the order you placed on November 18 2007 23:41 PST
(Order# xxxxxxxxx-8065839). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has
changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Jennifer Marx (Author), Dave Marx (Author) "PassPorter's Disney
Cruise Line and Its Ports of Call (PassPorter)" [Paperback]
Estimated arrival date: 03/26/2008 - 03/28/2008

Although we're not cruising until 11//08 I was looking forward to getting a headstart on planning. :rolleyes1

That is very odd...I ordered mine about the same time as you...so I am not sure why there is a difference. I had to verify that I still wanted them to send it.

We don't cruise till November either, so there is time, you just get excited and want it NOW.

That is very odd...I ordered mine about the same time as you...so I am not sure why there is a difference. I had to verify that I still wanted them to send it.

We don't cruise till November either, so there is time, you just get excited and want it NOW.

Your order was placed almost 2 months later ( Nov 15 vs. Jan 18) I guesss it is first come, first served.

Your order was placed almost 2 months later ( Nov 15 vs. Jan 18) I guesss it is first come, first served.

You are right...I had ordered it back in November, but cancelled it...so I reordered in January...either way I will have it WELL before the trip.

Just wanted people to know in case they are cruising sooner.

But, if you order it direct from the Passporter site, you cut out the middle man, support the site AND get it before Amazon. Plus you get sneak peak files as they are available. I really enjoyed the first one. Wonder if they will send others? We are sailing in March and August and I so want this to plan my August trip as it's Mexican Riviera and we have never travelled that area.

Is there a difference in the price of the Passporter on their site and on Amazon?

I'm in Canada and I prefer going through Amazon because I can get shipping for free and not pay any sort of customs charges.

If you Pre Ordered from Passporter's site, they do upload new chapters as they become available. They have instructions I believe on their Pre-Order page on how to do so.

If you get Passporter's Newsletter or are a member of their message boards I have seen codes to get a discount on the book as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter