• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passporter opinion

MrsB919

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. Let me start by saying that I have already read the previous thread about the passporter being delayed. I'm trying to decide if I should order the
10 th edition or not. I had been holding out for the 11th but my date to start reserving things is this month. I had the 8th edition but that doesn't have the Fantasy on it. We went on the Dream last time but I feel like there was a lot of things I was unaware of that I wish I had known like wine tastings and tours and what nots. So in your opinions would you get the 10th hold out for the 11th or not bother. Thanks in advance.

I have the 10th and it fully describes the Fantasy (and Dream).

It of course mentions wine and beer tastings etc etc but most of those seem to be offered on a "not regular" basis and determined by that mornings Personal Navigator.

Should add that the Passporter has answered a LOT of my questions about the Fantasy and it's W Carribean Ports of call.

It's an excellent book!!!!

If you want to get a new version, I would definitely wait for the 11th edition. It sounds like you know all of the basic information, and I have heard the 11th edition has some new info. on the newer ports of call. I have the 10th edition, and it has the "new" information highlighted in gray. There's not very much "new" information. Probably not enough to buy a whole new guidebook. I will probably buy the 11th just because we're planning our first cruise and I can't get enough information right now, but that's just me. :)

Yea the edition I have was educated guesses about the Dream. And I do have some idea of the basics but since I have to make my reservations by 6/23 I'm not sure if I can wait. Do you also book the tours and tastings and stuff when your on board or when you check in online? Bc if you do that on board I guess I can wait til July that's if they don't delay it yet again :furious:

You can't book those until you are onboard. They should be included in the other editions though because DCL has offered the tastings for many years.

That's good to know. I guess I just wanted some more specific information about the Fantasy itself. From reading the boards it seems that not everything is offered on all of the ships. I just like to be as informed as possible.

Edition 10 has PLENTY of firsthand Fantasy information--the rooms, extensive restaurant and lounge reviews.

I really like the Passporter books. I am waiting for delivery of the 11th cruise edition. Yesterday I received an email from Amazon that it will be delivered around July 12.

We will be on the Fantasy in September.

My guess is that the 11th edition has been delayed to first include the 2014 itineraries and ports, and second to add the changes announced for the Magic after it's dry dock.

See part of my hesitation is that if I wait and they postpone it yet again. I know it was supposed to be out in May then June and now July. :confused3. So who knows. We are going in September as well! What week are you going? It's good to know that the 10th has a lot of info on the Fantasy. I think I'm going to see if within the next week or so if they put a pre order on their site then I might wait if not I guess Ill just go for it and order the 10th.

I'm doing a cruise in February and e-mail passporters about the 11th edition. This is the reply I received.

"Hi; I recommend you get the 11th edition for a cruise in February. It went into pre-order yesterday at http://www.passporterstore.com/store/dcl.aspx"

I checked the web site and this is what it shows

Center

"The print books of new 11th edition of PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line guidebook are expected to begin shipping August 1 or earlier (we'll update this page with an earlier shipping date if it becomes possible). Anyone who orders their copy through the PassPorter Store receives immediate access to the full Online Edition. "

Will be interesting to see when it actually its the street.

I received an email informing me t 11th edition is now available for preorder. I did that today and was able to download the digital version. It's really great and up-to-date, with some information about the new 2014 ports of call.

For those concerned about the book being delayed, Passporter does not release preorder information until the book is finalised and sent to the printer. So, since Passporter has put out preorder information, it will not be delayed so they can add more info. hey are anticipating shipping no later than he beginning of August. Not sure where Amazon gets there dates from, but they have cause havoc with this book in the past because they prematurely sell preorders.

was there any info on the new changes for the magic? we're sailing march
31st 2:banana:014!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter