Passporter Guide?

Is there a 2010 Passporter Guide for Disney Cruise? Is it worthwhile to get the 2009 for a 2011 cruise? If not, any other recommendations for books to read?

There is a 2010 Passporter Guide for Disney Cruise, but is limited on information on the Disney Dream. I questioned them on this subject and whether there would be a 2011 Edition and received the following from Dave Marx, one of the Passporter authors:

"Hi Tammy,

Yes, there will be a 2011 edition that includes "eyewitness" coverage of the Disney Dream. The print edition should start shipping in March 2011. However, if folks pre-order from us, they'll have access to the preliminary e-book version as early as December 2010. That edition will be complete except for the "eyewitness" coverage of the Dream (we'll be sailing on the Dream in January 2011).

Meantime, we have as much info on the Dream in the 2010 edition as we could get our hands on. While the coverage can't bet as complete as the 2011's coverage will be, it's still quite extensive.

Thanks for being part of the PassPorter community,

Dave Marx
PassPorter Travel Press"​

I think I will wait for the 2011 Edition and pre-order it so I can have access to the e-book version in case the print version is delayed in shipping.

I ordered the 2010 Passporter from Amazon in February, and just finally got a shipping notice for it yesterday. So you can try there!

Borders told me it was a pre-order for September, but I ordered it from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. :thumbsup2 It's the paperback version, no pockets or anything.

Edit: The 2010 version I mean; I read it today, and my DH has already stolen it from me. :lmao: The ISBN-13 is 978-1587710797

For those who have the 2010 version,
How is the information on the Med. cruises? (specifically on excursions). I was hoping to get a copy for our July Key West cruise, but our Barnes and Noble didn't have them, so I've never seen a passporter before. How are they? Would you suggest them?

Thanks in advance!

Amazon review say that the 2009 one does not have any Med reviews. The problem is the new 2010 one does not release until Sep from what I have read.

The 2010 edition is out and has been shipped.

You can order them directly from PassPorter's website...and they are having free media mail shipping through Tuesday!

We're offering free MEDIA MAIL SHIPPING on all orders!

Get free shipping on all new orders of any PassPorter books and/or products placed through the PassPorter Store between Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 4:00 pm ET to Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 11:59 pm ET. This offer is only available for orders placed online through this store.

Orders qualifying for free shipping will ship via USPS Media Mail. No coupon code is necessary -- simply choose USPS Media Mail as your shipping option. Note that USPS Media Mail can only be used as a shipping method for U.S. shipping addresses -- this offer only applies to orders being shipped to U.S. addresses. Also note that we cannot retroactively apply this discount to orders placed before Sunday, August 15 at 4:00 pm ET.

Note: To get free shipping, you must select "USPS Media Mail" as your shipping option during the checkout process.
I love my WDW PassPorter books (i have about 4 or 5 different editions) and I have a 2009 Cruise guide w/ a 2010 on the way! :thumbsup2

The 2010 edition is out and has been shipped.

You can order them directly from PassPorter's website...and they are having free media mail shipping through Tuesday!

I love my WDW PassPorter books (i have about 4 or 5 different editions) and I have a 2009 Cruise guide w/ a 2010 on the way! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info. I just ordered the 2010 edition with the European ports.

The 2010's are finally shipping (pre-ordered it in FEB!!!). There is information on the Med excursions (they cut out the section on the Baltics since it was useless by the time they actually printed).

I have always loved these books - I have the book for WDW and an older version of the DCL. I wanted to update it with the newest information. Unfortunately, it took so long that we had to book excursions prior to it shipping so it's very little help at this point (they did offer an e-version for those of us that had pre-ordered but again, already past the time - and I am on the WBTA).

My experience this year has been less than wonderful. The explanation all along was that they were gathering information for the Dream. Everything I've seen in the 2010 version regarding the Dream can be found on the DCL sites that are available so don't expect any new information if you want it for the Dream. And there is no information for the MR or Alaska cruises other than a brief mention that they are in the 2011 itineraries.

I just received my 2010 edition and plan on using it for my cruise next year. They said they are looking to have the information out about the DREAM out in the spring of next year. I am looking forward to my MAGICal Cruise next year. Have fun on your cruise!

The 2010's are finally shipping (pre-ordered it in FEB!!!). There is information on the Med excursions (they cut out the section on the Baltics since it was useless by the time they actually printed).

I have always loved these books - I have the book for WDW and an older version of the DCL. I wanted to update it with the newest information. Unfortunately, it took so long that we had to book excursions prior to it shipping so it's very little help at this point (they did offer an e-version for those of us that had pre-ordered but again, already past the time - and I am on the WBTA).

My experience this year has been less than wonderful. The explanation all along was that they were gathering information for the Dream. Everything I've seen in the 2010 version regarding the Dream can be found on the DCL sites that are available so don't expect any new information if you want it for the Dream. And there is no information for the MR or Alaska cruises other than a brief mention that they are in the 2011 itineraries.

I ordered in Feb. as well, but I am still waiting :mad:
How much longer do I have to wait it is torture!:sad2:

Sorry but I wouldn't hold my breath on any dates they suggest. Been lurking on their message board and it's just one excuse after another.

They've been promising their DLR book for so long they ignore most threads asking holding their breath until said thread is buried.

Very unfortunate.

Just received my 2010 edition. It has a lot of good info on the Med ports. Me and the DW and been looking through it and love all the info at hand.

Sorry but I wouldn't hold my breath on any dates they suggest. Been lurking on their message board and it's just one excuse after another.

They've been promising their DLR book for so long they ignore most threads asking holding their breath until said thread is buried.

Very unfortunate.
An odd post seeing that many have shared here that they have already received their 2010 cruise guides.

Mine arrived last week and I almost love it as much as my WDW guide!

I am so excited to hear this book is finally out! I have been prowling for it for months, even willing to take a 2009 if I happened to find it but no one near me had it. Will definitely pick up the 2010 version for our Magic cruise in February! I loved the WDW Passporter for our resort visit 3 years ago. :cool1:

I bought the 2009 version for my Wonder cruise and found that I already knew everything and more from reading the disboards.

Passporter's are excellent! I think they are the best source of info for a first timer.

I ordered in Feb. as well, but I am still waiting :mad:
How much longer do I have to wait it is torture!:sad2:

Hopefully you have received it since this post. If not, contact them. I ordered a refill for my deluxe (in FEB) and when I contacted them they had told me it needed to be assembled and they would send it out. My DIL ordered her copy in late January (a full deluxe) and just received hers last week.

Again, if you are looking to obtain it for information on next year's caribbean or meditteranean cruises you should be fine. If you want information on the Dream that is limited and has been discussed at length here on the DIS. Additionally if you wanted information on MR or Alaska, there is nothing.

Just understand what to expect and you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter