Passport stamps

RedStars

DIS Veteran
Ok, this is silly but... I really want stamps in my passport. How does that work on a cruise? We're on the Fantasy Western Carribbean cruise, if it matters.

Grand cayman has a great turtle passport stamp you can get right at the immigration office at the dock. On my cruises I try to ask guest services if I can leave my passport with them to get it stamped when customs boards at each port but this is hit or miss. Sometimes they will do it and sometimes won't even take it. I've had pretty good luck though. Got great ones for St. Maarten, antigua and St. kitts last month on the WBTA from guest services doing it for me.

Customs office at each port is best if guest services cannot do it. Ask the staff when you disembark and they can usually point you in the direction of the office that will help you with the stamp. They must get that question frequently because on my last cruise they surprised me with a really strange answer. We were on the Alaska cruise in August and wanted a Canadian stamp. Did not get it when we entered Canada since we were US Citizens, but we asked guest services and found out that on one of our excursions that took us into Carcross, Canada, one of the stores in town had a stamp that was kept chained to a tree stump bench outside its main door and they would stamp your passport. Thought that was odd but we checked when we got home and it was a legitimate passport stamp. Never would have thought to look their for it but guest services new about it.

Did not get it when we entered Canada since we were US Citizens, but we asked guest services and found out that on one of our excursions that took us into Carcross, Canada, one of the stores in town had a stamp that was kept chained to a tree stump bench outside its main door and they would stamp your passport. Thought that was odd but we checked when we got home and it was a legitimate passport stamp. Never would have thought to look their for it but guest services new about it.

Doesn't sound right. Supposedly only government officials are allowed to mark anything in a passport outside of the space where you fill in your name and contact info, and the signature line.

Only authorized officials of the United States or of foreign countries, in connection with official matters, may place stamps or make statements, notations, or additions in this passport.

That is so funny I always looked at my sad little passport with no stamps. I never bothered to ask because I thought I was the only one who cared.

DCL will not handle Pass Ports anymore. :(

DCL will not touch PP's regardless of cabin assignment/level. ;)
Something must have happened. No one was telling the reason why the policy changed 10/31/14 on CC day.

DCL will no longer handle PP's for any stamps, regardless of port/reason.

Except at CC, .... sort of. If you go to GS at 8:00 - 8:20, or your similar window for your sailing, you can wait for the official to come upstairs and take your PP downstairs to get stamped. If the Bahamian official is willing that docking you may have success. Sometimes the Bahamanian Official is not willing to stamp a bunch of PPs, depending on ..., fwiw.

Still worth a visit to GS if you are interested in PP stamps at CC regardless of anyone's comments, ... trust me. Let your desires be known to GS that am super early, and surprisingly things happen, regardless of any statements you may have heard prior throughout the cruise.

On our recent sailing three families were waiting for this service. We all sat opposite GS in the chairs for said official to take our PP(w/o a receipt I may add). Eventually a DCL officer appeared and took our PPs. I'll guess 14 -22 ~ PPs. Only half that # of pax were waiting , IYKWIM. IOWs only six pax were waiting for 20 PP stamps. ~

Needless to say we were successful with the CC PP stamps this time.

As implied, I got the feeling this is a random event, and the DCL officer emphasized that point. So, .... plan accordingly.

But the age of DCL handling any PP is over , except as described above unfortunately.

HTH

Just adding our experience to the mix; 10/30/14;

Cozumel;

PP stamps at post office just one block north of the DCL pier/Punta Langosta. West side of street, easy peasy. One person in front of me. Had to wait 30 seconds. Very nice attendant, ... gave me a choice of stamps.... :)
In cab, 1 minute back to port. Walking would have been 5 minutes max.

Grand Cayman;

Office on south side, within secure pier area, as noted previously. Just ask. Great for stamps if you arrive in am/while ships are debarking/tendering. We were rushed and in a hurry so missed the "in house PP stamp" option. This south side office within the port area closes once the vessels are cleared. Meaning NOON. :(

Alternative PP stamp locale; Go out the secure gated port, head south, (right) the second or third building that is two stories is the immigration office. It is not labeled. IOW, the first two story building you come to is the Immigration office. In fact it is labeled something else. Enter said building from the front. , find stairs to go upstairs, bank left, say hi, get stamps. :)

Falmouth;

Unfortunately, regardless of the wonderful new port and security path configuration to potentially offer PP stamps easily, Falmouth refuses.
IMO, this would be the easiest port to do PP stamps, but NO ........ :crazy2:

I told them they could charge for stamps, and pax would pay. They looked at me like I was an alien. :lmao:

I followed up with an email to the Falmouth Port Authority regarding the desire of pax looking for PP stamps. I'll give it 3 months and they will offer PP stamps for $5 USD fwiw. :lmao:

Castaway Cay;

Go to GS early, let them know you are there for PP stamps. They may take your PP away to get stamped. This event is dependent on the Bahamanian official. Sometimes they stamp PP, sometimes not. Still worth an early visit IMO. (as stated above)

HTH

Bear3412, thanks so much for the info! I had just been thinking last night that I needed to figure out how to get my stamp in Cozumel.

For CC, just to clarify, the best chance is to go to GS the morning we dock at CC? I'm planning to run the CC5k. Any idea how that would work with trying to get a stamp?

..... For CC, just to clarify, the best chance is to go to GS the morning we dock at CC? I'm planning to run the CC5k. Any idea how that would work with trying to get a stamp?

Yes. I went down to GS just as we were pulling up to dock, just before they tied up the ship. I asked GS about the PP stamps, they pointed to the other folks waiting. They said wait there and someone may come up to get the PP. After 10 minutes someone did take all the PP away. We waited at GS. 10 minutes later he came back with our PP.

I have no idea how that may effect your 5K. I do know you could have anyone wait at GS with your PP, so .... You just can't leave them with GS anymore. Are you traveling with anyone. A child could have waited too, IMO.

Don't recall the timing related to doors open. I would assume doors open occurred at the same time or a couple minutes after we got or PP back.

This happened quick so don't be late. The official was on the island, so they can't board till tied up. Still happened fast once tied up.

HTH

Fyi, in GC, in Hell, they will stamp your passport for a donation... Document your visit to Hell. :)

Now, any ideas on where to go for an eastern? Stopping in San Juan and St. Maarten.

Well, I would just ask when you get off the ship in St Maarten, where to get it stamped. Can't believe we forgot to do that. Silly of us.

Doubt San Juan will stamp it, as SJ is part of the US.

In Nassau and GC we've just asked when we get onto land. Both times we've been pointed in the right direction. Granted, in Nassau we had to ask a very young soldier carrying a very big machine gun, which was a bit intimidating, but he had the answer instantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter