Passport question and carnival triumph

Again, I think it's an issue with people not doing proper research (which is why I brought up Fast Passes). I would guess if any of those 900 without passports decide to cruise again, they'll have one the next time. :thumbsup2
In some cases it is "an issue with people not doing the proper research"---and in my opinion it is foolish to take a trip without researching something that basic. I am still not seeing why you have such a hard time with me, or other people, thinking that.

I haven't heard any of this. Do you have a link you can post? Well, obviously the chartered flights would cost more than busses for the passengers, but as far a lack of passports playing a huge factor?

Was the tide/current working against towing to Mexico?

From Cahill's own statement:

http://marinelog.com/index.php?opti...ile-not-mexico&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=195

Since that time, the ship has drifted about 90 miles north due to strong currents. This now puts the ship nearly equidistant to Mobile, Alabama and given the strength of the currents, it is preferable to head north to Mobile, rather than attempt to tow against them. We now expect to arrive in Mobile sometime on Thursday, roughly the same time the ship would have arrived in Progreso given the distance the ship has traveled. From there, we will provide the necessary transportation to get our guests home. Mobile also provides simpler re-entry, particularly for the 900 guests onboard traveling without passports.

Do a little geographical plotting and you would see that they still were actually closer to Progresso. Without knowing the exact lat/lon it is not exactly possible to know. However, if one knows just that man can squeeze a dime to make it scream, the cost of transport and the 900 passengers without passports had a huge factor in their decision.

It was poetic justice that they ended up in Mobile after Carnival really screwed that city. If Cahill figures he can save a dime, it would not surprise me if he has the ship towed to the Bahamas for dry dock work instead of doing it in Mobile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter