Passport @ Port-- Poll

What do you do with passport while out at port?

• Take passport out to port

• Leave passport in stateroom safe

Results are only viewable after voting.
It depends on which ports. For Caribbean cruises where we're fairly close to the port, no. For our Med cruise the port city is just where we enter the country & our destination is an hour drive inland, I'd rather have it. I agree with OrangeCountyCommuter to carry it in a money belt. Should be easy when it's not a beach/swimming excursion.

I don't think Disney has the time to go to your stateroom look for your passports and give them to the port officer if you are late /miss the ship.

I agree. I have never heard of this and would not expect DCL to be going through my room looking for my passport. What if it's not in the safe, do they tear the room apart looking for it? :rotfl2:

I've read somewhere else on the forums that if you leave your passport with Guest Services at the beginning of the trip, they'll stamp it at every port for you? Is this true?

I made black/white copies of ours. Should I re-copy in color?

The photo copy advice is somewhat old. A better choice now is to scan your passport and upload an image to secure online storage such as box.com. That way you can print out a copy anywhere and anytime you have Internet access (which is pretty much everywhere now).

Agreed, but I have certainly been places where there is no ready access to Internet - including the police station in Valencia. I do email myself a copy of my passport prior to travel - but having a paper copy in hand saves some aggravation.

It depends on which ports. For Caribbean cruises where we're fairly close to the port, no. For our Med cruise the port city is just where we enter the country & our destination is an hour drive inland, I'd rather have it. I agree with OrangeCountyCommuter to carry it in a money belt. Should be easy when it's not a beach/swimming excursion.

:thumbsup2
It was so easy to carry our passports under our clothes in the Baltic plus it eased my anxiety so much to have them with me.

I've read somewhere else on the forums that if you leave your passport with Guest Services at the beginning of the trip, they'll stamp it at every port for you? Is this true?

We tried that on our PC Repo cruise back in 2008 and it didn't work. We left our passports at guest services with requests to get them stamped in each port and at the end of the cruise they just said sorry they couldn't do it. Wish I had known that in advance because I would have taken care of it myself:confused3

I carry it with me (except when we stop at private islands where basically you can't miss the ship because they won't leave you there).

If something were to happen to me, I'd want the security of knowing that I had my passport and a fresh credit card (I keep one for emergencies with a zero balance) on me to get home.

Unless we are at CC, our passports always come off the ship with us. If there is any kind of emergency I feel safer having them with us. They always stay in a purse which zips so no one can put their hand in easily.

I have been mugged at knifepoint but they only wanted cash, not passports.

Unless we are at CC, our passports always come off the ship with us. If there is any kind of emergency I feel safer having them with us. They always stay in a purse which zips so no one can put their hand in easily.

I have been mugged at knifepoint but they only wanted cash, not passports.

Until you loose the entire purse.

Honestly, a purse is NOT the 'secure' vault folks want it to be (even if you get freaked out and by one of those purses that advertises it that way)

A money belt is SO SO much safer!

Strap in on your body and forget about it...

The chaperone on my Girl Scout trip to Europe who lost 10,000 in traveler's checks.... they were in a zipped purse. But they were GONE along with a credit card and her personal traveler's checks and she never even noticed. Who knows what happened.....

Honestly, a purse is NOT the 'secure' vault folks want it to be (even if you get freaked out and by one of those purses that advertises it that way)

The chaperone on my Girl Scout trip to Europe who lost 10,000 in traveler's checks.... they were in a zipped purse. But they were GONE along with a credit card and her personal traveler's checks and she never even noticed. Who knows what happened.....

I have travelled around the world and apart from in Brazil, never had any issues. There are so many way to ensure your purse isn't "lost" - when you sit down to eat make sure a handle is wrapped around your leg/chair leg, always have a hand on it when on a crowded train. Apart from in Brazil, never had an issue. Never lost my passport either.

I have travelled around the world and apart from in Brazil, never had any issues. There are so many way to ensure your purse isn't "lost" - when you sit down to eat make sure a handle is wrapped around your leg/chair leg, always have a hand on it when on a crowded train. Apart from in Brazil, never had an issue. Never lost my passport either.

You've been very lucky. That's fantastic.

A professional thief will take your purse or what's in it even if its sitting in your lap. A moments distraction is all that's needed. Mine was taken in a deserted park in Spain. We never even SAW anyone walk within 50 feet of us.

You've been very lucky. That's fantastic.

A professional thief will take your purse or what's in it even if its sitting in your lap. A moments distraction is all that's needed. Mine was taken in a deserted park in Spain. We never even SAW anyone walk within 50 feet of us.

I purchased these 2 Pacsafe products @ Amazon. Both have anti-theft features including eXomesh slashguards, slashproof shoulder straps, & zipper security (just to name a few):

I will be locking up my important belongings in the Travelsafe (portable safe) attached to a beach chair at the beach or attached to a secured fixture on the excursion boat.

:thumbsup2

We were in Cozumel a few years back and the in the elevator on our way up to our stateroom a woman was all upset because someone in a store at the port lifted her wallet and passports from her back pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter