Passport photo prices & locations

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
I thought that I had read a while back that some places are much cheaper for these photos than others. And of course, now that we're ready to apply for our passports, I'm unable to find that info.

I know that Walgreen's takes these photos, but I'm sure that there had been other locations that were cheaper. I'm hoping that someone will have this info, since we're going tomorrow.

Thanks!

We had our Passport photos done at the Post Office which was the Passport office. I think the price for the photos was $15 each. It was quick and did not have to go to another location for the photo.

Walgreens: $9.99 when you ask them to apply coupon code 6451.
Just call first in case this is just a regional code.

If you are an AAA member, some levels of membership cover the cost of passport photos as a perk.

We had photos done last night at Sams Club. They were around 4.98. We had three done so I'm not sure the exact cost but it was less than 5.

We had them done at Walmart because they were the cheapest we could find in our area. I'm thinking they were less than $5 pp.

Costco is 5 dollars I believe and you get a set of 4. Someone else mentioned also if you are a AAA member I think you can get them free or cheap.

We also used Costco and there were not any issues getting our Passports renewed - during the Government shutdown last fall.

We also used Costco and there were not any issues getting our Passports renewed - during the Government shutdown last fall.

We also had no delays, turn around time with standard service was under 2 weeks during the shutdown for our renewals.

Thank you for all of the replies. I called the different places suggested & here's what I found: Wal-mart - $7.44, Sam's - "just under $5.00, and AAA - $8.00 for our basic plan, would have been free if we had the premier plan. (We don't belong to Costco.)

Husband has tomorrow off, so we plan on taking care of our passport applications then. However, I'm really mad at myself for not thinking about having our son & his family do their passports while the kids were out of school on Christmas break. Now they'll have to miss school to do it.

Thanks again for your help.

Many post offices have Saturday hours.

We did the pics for the 8 of ours ourselves. Super easy. Sent via Internet to Walmart and they cost less than a dollar for all of them.

The whole $25 processing fee is a rip off IMO.

Costco is the cheapest

This. Try to go during a weekday/weeknight, when they're not super busy, and allow at least 1 hour, though we got ours in 10 minutes. The photo center employee even allowed each of us to preview our photo before printing it out...which is great if you have kids (or spouses) who are used to making goofy faces for pictures. ;)

Check online to find all acceptance agencies. We did ours at the public library, they accepted them on Saturday with no appointments. In and out in minutes, it took longer to park than process the paperwork.

I checked online, and there aren't any libraries that handle this in our area. Not all post offices do Passports, and the few I've checked have told me they have limited hours and are booked up. One even told me that they aren't even taking any more appointments.

I checked online, and there aren't any libraries that handle this in our area. Not all post offices do Passports, and the few I've checked have told me they have limited hours and are booked up. One even told me that they aren't even taking any more appointments.

We submitted our passport application at our local city hall. They also do photos for $10 each. But we got ours through AAA. Periodically, they have free passport photo days for members, and we lucked out that one occurred just when we needed it.

They also do passport photos at our local Walgreens, CVS, and many photo kiosks in the malls around here.

I'm not sure if you're just looking for a place to get the photos, or actually submit the application, but I hope that helps.

We submitted our passport application at our local city hall. They also do photos for $10 each.

That was the case for us too. One of our area city halls had a passport acceptance desk and they did photos for $10 each. Really, all it was was just a basic digital camera and you stand in front of a white background like a wall. It wasn't anything fancy. We ended up getting our photos at Costco largely due to price. We had to make an appt for to submit our application and the desk was only open like 2 days a week for a few hours. I'd think that even if they won't accept any more appointments or applications that they can at least steer you in the right direction. There weren't a whole lot of consistency in terms of who, and when they'll accept applications. :(

If you want to be super cheap, you can take the photos at home. I did this for my last passport. You just have to be really careful to follow the guidelines.

For DH and DD, we just had pics taken at the post office where we turned in the paperwork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter