passport or????????

BAKAROMA

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide if it is worth the time and money to get pass ports for ourselves and our three childre. We need to get of the the ship ASAP to make a 12:00 p.m. flight and heard customs goes faster w/ a passport. Is getting a passprot worth it or should we just bring the drivers liscence and the birth certificate?

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :confused:

I have a passport and my sister did not...didn't matter, we went through immigration and customs at the same time. I wouldn't waste your money unless you are planning on going out of the country and need them. The kids would only be good for 5 years too....

If you are only going on this cruise and do not plan on traveling outside of the county in the next few years than don't bother. But, even if you plan one other trip in the next 5 years (adults are good for 10 years) than I would go ahead and get them.

If find them much easier to carry, they are more durable and the travel industry indicates that most destinations are going to require passports instead of just BC's due to the ease in altering BC's.

They are expensive, but they do last quite awhile and the reissue price is lower than the 1st time price.

MJ

We went through heck and back to get picture drivers license and original birth certificates. Only had to show picture ID. Never once was asked for birth certificates.

The only time we need the birth cirtificates is when we were given our KTTW card. I you don't spend and claim more than the max. to be duty free you won't have to even see customs. And DON'T try to take food off the ship.

FWIW, we always travel with passports. I even carry them when we're only flying to Disney. I don't find them necessary for any of our travels, but they are handy to have. I plan to keep the kids' passports updated, even if we don't have any travel plans. (Though I always plan to have travel plans :D )

My husband had a passport and me and my son used ID and BCs. Going through customs was pretty much the same. The only real difference was immigration just because they ask a random question if you are using a BC to verify its real. (ie what state were you born?) I must say though that carrying around a nice compact passport was nicer then carrying around a wrinkled, folded up piece of paper and an ID.

Don't worry about being in a hurry to catch a 12:00 flight, we made a 10:30 with an hour to spare and didn;t even rush to be in the first group off the boat! We got off a little before 8:00, had our luggage and were thru customs and immigration in less than 15 minutes then checked bags with Delta at the pier, got on a bus and were at the airport before 9:30. No sweat at all. We always travel with passports but I didn't see anyone having a problem using birth certificates and photo ID's (they were checked at random).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter