• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passport Arrival Time?

princssdisnygina

Disney Princess
Ok.... so I have been going back and forth with the Passport Agency for a over month and a half. Lets see... My signature didn't exactly match my name (I didn't dot an eye), then the next returned envelope had my pictures, stating my face was too big? Eventhough they were measured by the post office before I mailed them... UGH!
Anyway... so now I am leaving for my vacation 5 weeks from Tuesday and I have to send them new pictures! Assuming everything is in order now how long will it take me to get my passport? No, I did not expedite it because at 12 weeks out I shouldn't have to!
So... what has been the average turn around time of getting your passport? I know it says 4-6 weeks but is that really true? Because when I got my passport a few years ago it only took about 2-3 weeks. :confused3

I'm a passport agent with the US post office. The advice i would give you is that there should be no problem with you getting your passport back in time. The dept of State is telling us that normal processing is running 4 to 6 weeks. that doesnt mean that you start that timing over every time you had to send in additional items requested by the dept of state.
First of all let me tell you you were unlucky enough to get one annal processor. i have never heard of a passport ap getting rejected for puncuation. the pictures are a different story, they are very perticular on those and i too blame the passport agent at your local post office, they should of known better!
that being said you have two options to safe guard your self so you are not too worry about boarding. the first advice i would give you is to get a replacement birth certificate. if you are traveling out of the continental united states, leaving from the same port in witch you are returning, then it is considered a close looped cruise. the only proof of citizenship that is required on those cruises are a birth certificat and a photo ,govt issued ID.Isugest calling DCL to confirm the information that im sharing with you.
the second option is to call the 800 number that is on the front cover of the aplication that you filled out. [it should of been returned to you}. explain to them your situation and tell them your travel dat, as long as there are no more errors in your aplication they should be able to get you your passport in time. i highly suggest you get your birth certifacate just in case, but in my experence they have been very good at expiditing a passport under theses cercumstanses.
let me know if i can answer any other questions you have.....John

We applied for ours on Sept.4 and got all four of ours on Oct. 5. So almost 4 weeks to the day.

I'm a passport agent with the US post office. The advice i would give you is that there should be no problem with you getting your passport back in time. The dept of State is telling us that normal processing is running 4 to 6 weeks. that doesnt mean that you start that timing over every time you had to send in additional items requested by the dept of state.
First of all let me tell you you were unlucky enough to get one annal processor. i have never heard of a passport ap getting rejected for puncuation. the pictures are a different story, they are very perticular on those and i too blame the passport agent at your local post office, they should of known better!
that being said you have two options to safe guard your self so you are not too worry about boarding. the first advice i would give you is to get a replacement birth certificate. if you are traveling out of the continental united states, leaving from the same port in witch you are returning, then it is considered a close looped cruise. the only proof of citizenship that is required on those cruises are a birth certificat and a photo ,govt issued ID.Isugest calling DCL to confirm the information that im sharing with you.
the second option is to call the 800 number that is on the front cover of the aplication that you filled out. [it should of been returned to you}. explain to them your situation and tell them your travel dat, as long as there are no more errors in your aplication they should be able to get you your passport in time. i highly suggest you get your birth certifacate just in case, but in my experence they have been very good at expiditing a passport under theses cercumstanses.
let me know if i can answer any other questions you have.....John

John:

Thanks for your advice. I do have my birth certificate just in case but would prefer to leave it at home.
I did not get any of my application back, they only sent the picture they were unhappy with and a letter. And when I say A PICTURE.... they only sent back one of the two. But... I am sure I can find an 800 number online.
They should have my pictures by the end of the week so I will probably touch base with them on Friday just to make sure.
Thanks!

Gina

We renewed ours in August and they took 3 weeks. Ordered DD5's first passport and it took almost 7 weeks. I was able to check her passport status online. Best wishes. I know it was stressful and we were 3+ months out when I was anxiously awaiting them.

Caryn

Hi, my family of four applied in Sept. Got them all back in UNDER 2 weeks (it was like 11 biz days). When State Dept. posted a wait of 4-6 weeks. I was so excited when they came back so quickly. Best of luck. Hope they send yours soon OP.

:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter