Passholder Tickets vs. a magic your way package

jacobwill62009

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if it would make more sense (finance wise) to get annual passes for a family of four? Two adults and 2 children under 10 years. I thought possibly because you can get a room discount and a discount with the dining? I just started to explore this option, but wanted to see if anyone else had done this or looked into it. Thanks in advance for your help!!

More than likely it will not work out that well financially. The room discounts can be good and pay for one AP in the family but not for the whole family of 4. You only need one adult AP to book a room w/ passholder rate. Dining is never discounted for AP members, it is just an option to purchase the plans at regular price. Generally purchasing an AP makes the most sense if you can make 2 or more trips a year totally 10 days (with park hopper) or 12 (without hopper). If you could stagger 2 trips to be 11 months and 3 weeks apart it would make good sense as well.

Hope that helps!

If you could stagger 2 trips to be 11 months and 3 weeks apart it would make good sense as well.

We have done this before and :love: it!

Also, only 1 person in your party needs to hold the AP.

We once got AP rates on the cabins at Fort Wilderness for $135/night - at the time, reg. price was $225/night.

Also, with an AP, you can purchase a Tables in Wonderland dining card (about $60, but WORTH IT if you will be there 2 times in 1 year!) to get 20% off meals in MANY WDW restaurants. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter