Passholder: taking a "b-day fun card" in place of admission-- questions about it?

MSB123

MSB
We registered and got our print outs and have the right ID together (DL, original bc) so we should be set-- we have 2 birthdays next week, mine & my DS10 going on 11. But we just bought annual passes, so we were told the alternative options. Cool!

We are not really into the fast passes because we're not in that much of a rush... we live an hour away and have all year to go back and forth to Disney.

Don't really have a need for another ticket since next year the b-days fall on blackout dates and I wouldn't bother buying tickets for the rest of the family, I'd just renew our passes if I wanted to go that bad.

That leaves the fun card, which honestly sounds good to me because we were going to try not to do much shopping on account of our low budget.

So what are they good for basically?

What places in WDW can you use them?

Is there any list of stores or merchandise they can be used for online anywhere?

Oh... and are they like a gift certificate that you can use any time after, or in dribs and drabs... or do you have to spend them all in one shot on your b-day?

Anyone with knowledge or experience in this area, it would be much appreciated.

That leaves the fun card, which honestly sounds good to me because we were going to try not to do much shopping on account of our low budget.

1- So what are they good for basically?

2- What places in WDW can you use them?

3- Is there any list of stores or merchandise they can be used for online anywhere?

4- are they like a gift certificate that you can use any time after, or in dribs and drabs... or
5- do you have to spend them all in one shot on your b-day?

1- Just about anything EXCEPT for meals (CS or TS) and Hotel bills.
2- Nearly all the major gift shops at all the parks and resorts EXCEPT those that are not owned by Disney (that would mean not usable in most of the WS shops in Epcot, and many of the name-brand specialty shops at DTD.
3- There's a partial list here.
4- Yes.
5- No.

Just to add to the previous list, the birthday fun card is NOT usable at the outlet malls.

Thanks so much, that about covers it. That's a nice little bonus we didn't expect.

It's a good promotion unless you have a seasonal pass and your birthday falls on a blackout date.Your only option is the free entry and we weren't going to pay an $80 admission for the others in the party who also have the seasonal passes and 6 days later the blackout dates end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter