• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passes with red lettering/ Fast Passes??

Navy Disney Fan

US Navy Hospital Corpsman Chief (Retired)
:confused: Can anyone explain what the pass that has red lettering is, that allows who families, :confused: admission to ride. I noticed them many time in the 4 days I was there and they were used as "fast Passes":confused:

Thanks

Common misconception. The families never get admission to the ride. They are just going to wait somewhere else. Such a card might be given to someone who for exampe needs extra time to board. The guest then shows the card to the CM, who will direct them appropriately. In this example it might mean that the guest would wait at the exit of the ride, and board at the exit where the CM's are more readily able to stop the ride car. In most cases a guest waits significanty longer to use such an accommodation.

I'm guessing that this is what you saw. Basically a rider switch pass is given to families with kids that don't meet the age/height requirements for the ride. One parent waits with the kids while the other parent rides. Then they use the pass to switch places. Ask the attendant at the ride's entrance for more info.

What you saw were Guest Assistance Cards,or "GAC'S". People with medical or other issues go to Guest Relations in the parks and explain the particular issue they have,and you are issued a card that MAY(or may NOT) entitle you to go in the fast pass line without needing a fast pass. Some G.A.C.s will not get you into the FP line without a fast pass,but you will be pulled out of the line and go in an alternate entrance.(If I'm not explaining this too well,someone else please jump in here and explain it better!!)

The GAC is designed for people with "invisible" disabilities (those not related to stamina and/or mobility). They are issued by Guest Relations based on the needs of the person so they will, as much as possible, be able to enjoy attractions as would a person without the disability.

They are not, and it so states on them, intended to be allowed to bypass lines. Usually it will involve a special waiting area or special seating.

There are special GACs which do allow bypassing lines, but these are issued only to families with children who are here as part of a Wish Trip. If your family does not have a child with terminal or severe disabilities you do not get (or want) one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter