• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Party tix FPP and package tix early question

scdisneyguy

Mouseketeer
Ok I know i have read tons of threads in regards to these 2 questions but never really saw this scenario so I will ask away.

1st we have a package with a one night room only ressie added as we arrive a day earlier. I know we have to go to guest services at park to get package tix activated early question does everyone have to go to guest services in party or can 1 person do it?

Leads me to part 2. We have dummy account for the party tix but was thinking of switching to main mde. reasonong is with the room only would it still leave last day of FP in jeopardy? Benefit would be doing party fp now instead of waiting until 30 day mark. Background our last day of fps we were going to cancel anyways with arriving early we May try fastpasses on arrival day after trip to guest services same day therefore we won't be going to park our "last day" as it is now.

Basically 7 day hoppers with our 6 night package arriving day early (very early am) and added room only party night is 2nd night or original arrival day 1st package day if that makes a difference. Is it worth it to book now but they won't cancel anything we weren't gonna cancel anyways or won it effect us making fps arrival day. After guest services visit if we keep last day fps booked anyways

Sorry for long post.... confused

Ok I know i have read tons of threads in regards to these 2 questions but never really saw this scenario so I will ask away.

1. 1st we have a package with a one night room only ressie added as we arrive a day earlier. I know we have to go to guest services at park to get package tix activated early question does everyone have to go to guest services in party or can 1 person do it?

2. Leads me to part 2. We have dummy account for the party tix but was thinking of switching to main mde. reasonong is with the room only would it still leave last day of FP in jeopardy? Benefit would be doing party fp now instead of waiting until 30 day mark. Background our last day of fps we were going to cancel anyways with arriving early we May try fastpasses on arrival day after trip to guest services same day therefore we won't be going to park our "last day" as it is now.

Basically 7 day hoppers with our 6 night package arriving day early (very early am) and added room only party night is 2nd night or original arrival day 1st package day if that makes a difference. Is it worth it to book now but they won't cancel anything we weren't gonna cancel anyways or won it effect us making fps arrival day. After guest services visit if we keep last day fps booked anyways

Sorry for long post.... confused

1. WHEN (exact date) did you book your 6-night resort package?
You MIGHT NOT be able to activate your package tickets early at all.
(That feature has been dropped with the new and current kind of WDW ticketing.)
But it is POSSIBLE that if your package is based on the older "Magic Your Way" tickets,
they might allow the early activation.
(Hope it works.)
If they DO allow the early activation, only one adult needs to be at Guest Relations to do the activation.
(Preferably, the one who booked the trip.)

2. Too complex for me to follow, but it looks like it is only to delve into the murky "pre-party" FP rules...
Doing what you ask would be "at your own risk," as they say.

1. WHEN (exact date) did you book your 6-night resort package?
You MIGHT NOT be able to activate your package tickets early at all.
(That feature has been dropped with the new and current kind of WDW ticketing.)
But it is POSSIBLE that if your package is based on the older "Magic Your Way" tickets,
they might allow the early activation.
(Hope it works.)
If they DO allow the early activation, only one adult needs to be at Guest Relations to do the activation.
(Preferably, the one who booked the trip.)

2. Too complex for me to follow, but it looks like it is only to delve into the murky "pre-party" FP rules...
Doing what you ask would be "at your own risk," as they say.

Thanks Robo..... I assumed they would still activate early as this was booked months before the new ticket structure was even mentored. Now I am worried that might not be the case. Hopefully someone has recent experience with this post new ticket changes and well chime in if not that throws a wrench in our plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter