Party Suggestions - what do we do and who pays?!?

Pete's Tinkerbell

Earning My Ears
We are having our DFTW in December - DF and I live in NJ and all of our family and friends are scattered through the rest of the US. Because of location and travel, I've opted to not have a bridal shower...I don't want to put people at an extra expense when they are already paying to attend my wedding.

We've booked our rehearsal dinner at the Polynesian Luau for all of our family but want to do something fun and different with our friends.

I was thinking of having a "Margarita" themed party but not sure where we could do that and I don't want to have a drunk-fest either...just an adults only (minus parents) low key get together for some food, fun, and a few drinks. How can we do that - should I ask my MOH? Should we pay, should she and the BM pay, should people pay for themself?

What do all of you think?

It sounds like you basically want to have a "welcome" party for your guests. I would say if you're hosting it... you should probably pay for it. I'm having an escape wedding and decided to combined the rehersal and welcome party together, so DF's parents are paying for the whole thing! :goodvibes This is possible too though because it is such a small group of people. Good luck to you!

Oh... and I was going to suggest House of Blues on the West Side at Downtown Disney for a casual gathering. They have an out door area that's nice and relaxed and sometimes they'll have a mini band out there playing some tunes. Very mellow.

Ok i know im not answering your question but i new on here and what does DFTW and DF and all those acronyms stand for?

=]

Hi Disneygirl

DFTW is Disney Fairytale Wedding and DF is Dear Fiance. I don't know many of the ACRONYMS they use on this board...just finally picked up on a couple.

Welcome to the board...I joined in April when I started planning my wedding but don't have much time to be online!!

Have a Magical Disney Day

I would say, if you are hosting than you are paying??? I guess it would depend on the activity. Goodluck with everything.
Maggie

If you want the margarita party I would think that you would pay for it. When my sister did my bachelorette party for me she planned out everything, which is normal. Your MOH may feel you are stepping on her toes if you plan the theme of the party she traditionally throws for you. I definitely think that Pleasure Island would be a great place to have that kind of a party. We plan to go there during our wedding trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter