• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Party of 5, what do we do?

JenniferIsBored

I don't know what to put here
This has probably been covered many times...

In June my family's going down to Disney World, and there's 4 of us, but I'm also bringing my boyfriend. So that makes 5. It's very unlikely we'll be able to afford a deluxe resort, but we definitely want to stay on property. I know that the Port Orleans resort has trundle beds, but are those just for children? Me and my boyfriend are 18, and my younger brother is 15. Both boys are very tall. Would that make a difference if a trundle bed is available? Should we hold out for codes and try to book 2 rooms? If anyone has any ideas for what we can do it would be a big help.

I haven't stayed there yet, but have heard that the trundle beds are quite small...maybe the width of a single bed or less, and suited to someone 5' tall or less.

How about two rooms at a Value? That would give you two bathrooms as well.

spend the extra money and stay at a deluxe you only live once.LOL

Yeah, my mother is on the phone with Disney now. They said the trundle bed is too small for us. My Mom and Dad don't want to stay at a value resort although I personally wouldn't mind.

We are looking into the same problem. Disney isn't great for families larger than four who aren't made of money... The dvc villas are wonderful except you have to go up to a two bedroom villa to sleep 5! Unbelievable! What I've settled on is a cabin at the campground that I'll upgrade to a delux if AP rates come out for our time period. We enjoy Fort Wilderness as a family. My second suggestion would be two value rooms or the delux rooms as AKL if good codes come out. From what I've seen, those are the best three options for a family of 5 who is trying to spend a little less on room. Each has is own bennefits and each cost is a little more than the next... it's a hard choice but it is one you need to be sure that you will all be happy with.

We stayed a few years back at the YC, my middle son slept on the day bed, he was comfortable. We got a good discount at the time and decided to splurge. I think there is no better area to stay in than around the boardwalk area. :cloud9:

How about the swan or dolphin with a rollaway, its $25 extra, they also give discounts for teachers, nurses, govt. employees, aaa, ap holders etc. We find it cheaper for our family of 5 than a deluxe. Its doable if you dont spend too much time in the room. They have an awesome grotto pool, beach volleyball, basketball court etc. Well worth the expense. We even get frequent flyer miles on our account too. Might be something to look into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter