• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Party of 5, are 2 DAS necessary?

Treysar

Mouseketeer
both of my twins fit the criteria for DAS. Is it necessary to get 2? What is the benefit of having 2?
Thanks!

yes only if you want to split up do they like the same rides if not then get two and let one child do something with one adult and let the other do something with the other adult. but you can not sue them a the same time.

If you can guarantee that you will stay together the entire trip, only one DAS would be needed. But if there is any chance you will split, then get one for each child. You can only be listed on one active DAS at a time though, I think? I'm not wording it correctly - someone with the right words, feel free to help ;)

Also, you aren't guaranteed to 'fit the criteria' unless the CM at Guest Services thinks so - just have a clear, logical explanation why your children cannot handle a standard queue, and why waiting in an alternate location would help.

If you can guarantee that you will stay together the entire trip, only one DAS would be needed. But if there is any chance you will split, then get one for each child. You can only be listed on one active DAS at a time though, I think? I'm not wording it correctly - someone with the right words, feel free to help ;)

Also, you aren't guaranteed to 'fit the criteria' unless the CM at Guest Services thinks so - just have a clear, logical explanation why your children cannot handle a standard queue, and why waiting in an alternate location would help.

Just to clarify this point. You can be linked to two DAS cards but you can only hold 1 DAS return time. Also the DAS rider must ride so if you have 2 and say your husband and daughter have their DAS return time under son 1 DAS and you have your return time under son 2 DAS and son 1 decides he no longer want so ride that ride then your husband and daughter can not use son 2's return time to ride.

To be honest all I have heard here is how complicated multiples DAS make it especially if the person holding the DAS is likely to change their mind last minute. If you do go the route of having 2 make sure your daughter is linked to which ever of your son's is least likely to change his mind that way she is more likely to get to ride since she waited already and all.

Just to clarify this point. You can be linked to two DAS cards but you can only hold 1 DAS return time. Also the DAS rider must ride so if you have 2 and say your husband and daughter have their DAS return time under son 1 DAS and you have your return time under son 2 DAS and son 1 decides he no longer want so ride that ride then your husband and daughter can not use son 2's return time to ride.

To be honest all I have heard here is how complicated multiples DAS make it especially if the person holding the DAS is likely to change their mind last minute. If you do go the route of having 2 make sure your daughter is linked to which ever of your son's is least likely to change his mind that way she is more likely to get to ride since she waited already and all.
Excellent info!! Adding 1 more suggestion. If you think there is any possibility that one child will melt down, change their mind, etc...get the return time for both. Example...child A and child B each have a separate DAS. If everyone has a return time attached to child A except child B, and child A now decides he/she doesn't want to ride, if you return together with both children, you MAY (probably) will find that the CM will still allow those linked to child A to enter with the child B who still wants to ride. Since they weren't able to have another DAS time. This is not guaranteed but this is from family who has worked multiple attractions in MK.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!
Omg, I'm so overwhelmed. This is like a different language and I have no idea what anyone just said. I have to read this after the kids from to bed when it's really quiet! ☺️

Thanks everyone!
Omg, I'm so overwhelmed. This is like a different language and I have no idea what anyone just said. I have to read this after the kids from to bed when it's really quiet! ☺️

Sorry for confusing you! Let us know how we can make it clearer for you and we will try.

Get two and have everyone (including the other das kid) linked to both and then generally choose which one you are going to use and use that kid's all the time. In the event you separated, who ever is with the kid only gets DAS return times linked to the kid they are in charge of. It sounds super hard but in reality it won't be that bad. One is the family DAS card and one is the card that only gets used when you separate.

If you haven't checked it out, the first post in this thread can answer all your questions.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/wd...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

The first post in the thread is kept up to date; the rest was written just before and just after DAS came into use.

As others mentioned, DAS and Fastpass were meant to be used together.
Some people schedule their 3 Fastpasses and use them as kind of a 'framework' for the day, then add DAS in between Fastpasses.

Since you can only have one active DAS Return Time at a time, it makes sense to schedule Fastpasses for things that normally have long Standby waits. If you use DAS for attractions with long waits, the DAS will be tied up for a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter