Party of 30 - Group Getaway?

callmecal

Mouseketeer
We are considering a large group trip next year of about 30 people. Does anyone have any experience with the Disney Group Getaway program and the benefits it provides? I'd certainly appreciate any experiences with the program, good or bad.

Thanks!

I'll take the lack of responses as a "no".

Outside of the getaway program - have you gone to Disney with a large group (30 or so) and if so, what special event-type things did you do - either organized by Disney or by yourselves?

Anyone here actually been to Disney before?

Hard to believe no one has gone as part of a large group...

We took my husbands family with us once and there were 14 of us. It was great! At several restaurants we were seated at a couple of tables that were next to each other but most of the time we were together. Have fun!

We took a group of 24 two years ago, it started as a 'group getaway' but several months into the planning I was told that they no longer do the 'groups'. They did link all the ressies (we supplied DVC rooms for everyone) and they were all supposed to be close together. Several were fairly close, sadly our son & family and daughter & family were on a different floor quite a jaunt from us.

We did arrange a welcome dinner for everyone at Sanaa, going through Sanaa management to arrange it. We also went through Disney events/catering and rented an overlook in Epcot and had appetizers, drinks, etc....that was marvelous but pricey. We were celebrating our 40th anniversary so we wanted special times for all to remember.

I sent out newsletters (email) to help those who weren't familiar with WDW with facts about the buses, the hours, Magical Express, etc.

We loved it and will probably do it again at 45 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter