Party of 28, your table is ready!!! ***Update 10/11/08-- chapter 6 beginning**

I'm so happy to see that you and your family had so much fun at Blizzar, I've never been there 'cause I don"t like pools too much, but..... maybe on my next trip I could try.:flower3:

I posted on the first page because I knew this trip report was going to be a blast, :laughing: but then I went on my Disney trip. I finally got to catch up, and I was right! Awesome pictures, and how lucky to win so many dreams!

I also loved the option to add the test track picture to the photopass. They should do it for all of them. :(

I love, love, love Teamboat Springs! Good call having a "do your own thing" day...alone time is so important even during a family vacation.

I'm totally enjoying your trippie! My mom and dad are celebrating their 50th in June of next year and we seriously contemplated taking the whole family to WDW to celebrate. Not quite as many of us though, 16 total.
We decided against it because it would be mom's idea of a dream vacation but not my dad's. Dad is totally not a Disney person and mom admits she would probably have more fun going without him anyway. :rotfl: Gotta love 50 years of marriage-induced honesty! :confused3 So Mom's coming with me and my family as a "babysitter" in January instead! :lmao: Win-win for her and me. And Dad thinks she's just going to watch the kids the whole time. I guarantee she rides more rides than I do!

Can't wait for your next update!

~Aimee

I'm only to that part of reading your TR, it's 1:04am and I just can't STOP reading but wanted to tell you really quick, that the family cut off happend to me once. But thanks to new technology most places offer a print that is 8x12 instead of 8x10 and you CAN find frames for them, maybe you could go that route and still get the big picture?

You crack me up! :lmao: I love your trippie! I cannot believe I missed the garbage pail! Amazing!!! :thumbsup2

So we hurry and take a pic of mom and dad with 5 of their 6 kids

What a beautiful picture.......it's hard to look at......can't you photoshop me in?:sad1:

k, i've waited patiently all weekend, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! I need help!! please... anything... throw me something... you're leaving again soon... I need more TR!! don't leave me hanging like this::scared:

How about some more Blizzard Beach pics from the photopass CD???

image0616.jpg

image0618.jpg

image0620.jpg

image0622.jpg

So we hurry and take a pic of mom and dad with 5 of their 6 kids

What a beautiful picture.......it's hard to look at......can't you photoshop me in?:sad1:

Yeah!!! My sister finally posted!!! :hug:

I like your user ID-- well, maybe liked is not the right word....liked it for its originality-- not because you missed Disney.

Next time you are over, I'll take a picture of you and photoshop you in. :)

Now the beer on the other hand, was drunk all by Jared. So he had no problem making a comment when the group of Brazilians (?) walked by in their thongs.

WDWJune08358.jpg

Or maybe there was a different reaction.

Sweet, little Nolan says, “Mommy, I don’t think their swimming suits fit them do they?” :confused3

“No sweetie, they don’t. Maybe they are poor and can’t afford anything more”

Even the teenagers didn’t find it appealing at all. I was surprised.

OMG! Too funny! :rotfl2:

Chapter 5 continued….

Something I forgot to mention.

Remember the neighbors that DH seen when he was at the pool? And how we had no idea that they were going on vacation—much less the same place—at the same resort? Well, at BB, everyone kept teasing me that “the dad” was stalking me, and they came here just because we were, etc….. We just couldn’t believe they were here!!!

We didn’t run into any problems driving back to the resort after BB.--which is a change from our first trip. Our first trip, we got lost going everywhere. I’m really liking this driving thing this time around.

Once we got back to POP, it was quick showers for all because it was time to get ready for Chef Mickey’s!!!

My sister Mindy, who was at DHS, text me to tell me they were having so much fun at DHS that they were going to skip Chef Mickey’s.

My brother Randy called and said the same thing.

Our table was down to 18. I called Chef Mickey’s to tell them our new party size. Hopefully, some other people who were hoping to eat there that night—who don’t know the meaning of ADR’s-- received some pixie dust :wizard: and got a table.

Everyone was ready and it was time to go! I grabbed my camera and headed out the door. Right before I reach the door, I decided to turn around and grab my camcorder. I opened up the bag to my camcorder to make sure I had the extra battery and low and behold—guess what was in there????

MY PINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that’s right! I put them in my bag when we went to HDDR!!!! Duh!!!

Remind me to leave a few extra dollars for the housekeeping staff for wrongly thinking they were behind the missing pins.

Geez. Don’t I feel like an idiot?

Yep, I do.

I apologize.

My bad.

I was wrong.

My fault.

I’m sorry to the housekeeping staff.

Now, will you start leaving me towel animals?

Heck, even a mickey head on the bed would suffice.

Oh well.

So with the camera, camcorder and pins in tow, we head to the Contempory resort via the van. We had plans to use the Disney transportation via the bus but since we didn’t have the 2 hours to allow for that, using our own vehicles seemed better.

And it was.

On our way there, it begins to rain again.

So when we park at the Contempory, we run into the building.

Or were we running because we were a few minutes late????

Not sure.

All I know is we were running.

People looked like us like we were idiots.

That’s okay.

We are.

And we all finally arrived at Chef Mickey’s were they take our picture.

image0609.jpg

image0613.jpg

They were going to take our picture out in the lobby since there were so many of us. At the last minute, they said “Let’s try it by Mickey’s dinner plate first”

They said it looked good so we believed them.

Well, we were so squeezed in together, I didn’t think it would look good at all. Besides for not seeing my nephew Matthew, it didn’t turn out too bad—considering we had no room.

During our picture, our buzzer went off indicating….

TABLE OF 18, your table is ready!

We were seated in the upper section of the restaurant by the windows, at 2 different tables. They gave my mom and dad a special placemat for celebrating their 45th Anniversary.

The server immediately greeted us and took our drink order.

I told her "Gimme a whiskey, ginger ale on the side. And don't be stingy, baby."

She laughed and said they were out so I settle on a Diet Coke.

While she is getting everyone’s drinks, our table noticed it was dark. The blinds were shut to the windows so we asked her if she could open them. She said probably not—that they don’t usually open them until the sun goes down because it gets so hot when the sun beats in. We told her we can understand that but the sun is no where in sight. Matter of fact, it’s raining outside.

She brings our drinks, says they will open the blinds for us (YEAH!!!), explains the character rotation and says “now is a good time to head to the buffet” and so we do. Everything on the buffet is new and fresh. I’m really glad I made the earliest ADR for this reason alone.

Of course, I HAD to make it at 5pm. They wouldn’t take a party of our size at any other time.

So everyone grabs their first plate of food. Nolan is happy he found the mac and cheese:

WDWJune08374.jpg

First up of the characters was GOOFY!!! (Actually, I forget who was first—just work with me here!)

He immediately goes over to my boys and gives them a high five!

WDWJune08376.jpg

Goofy was hit by all!!! I was busy taking video too but I did get some pictures!!!

WDWJune08377.jpg

WDWJune08378.jpg

WDWJune08380.jpg

Then GOOFY wanted a hug from Marissa

WDWJune08492.jpg

But she didn’t want anything to do with a hug. So Goofy politely asks for a kiss on his nose…….AND SHE DOES IT!!!!

WDWJune08489.jpg

The whole table breaks out in an “AWWWWWW”.
I think we were all shocked that she has taken to the characters so well. Crystal took her to Chuck E Cheese before we left and she FREAKED!!!

Besides for his scary name, Chuckie is an ugly rat.

No comparison to the real Disney characters.

Goofy then gives her a kiss back.

WDWJune08490.jpg

More pictures with other family members….

WDWJune08385.jpg

WDWJune08391.jpg

WDWJune08390.jpg

WDWJune08386.jpg

We all love Goofy!!!! He really took his time with us.

Up next: Which Character is next? (at least, which character I think is next!)

Hey, our Chef Mickey's ADR (the only ADR we have lol) is for 16 :lmao: Great update - love the pictures :thumbsup2 They really SHOULD have whiskey for the parental units at all restaurants - or at least champagne :rotfl2: I'm glad you found your "stolen" pins LOL I'm thinking that for our 9:10am breaky at CM, we'll just take cabs instead of the buses.

Thanks for the update - looking forward to the next one popcorn::

So I’m thinking Goofy was actually last. I’m thinking Donald Duck was first.

You know why I think that?

I spotted a bowl of ice cream in one of the previous pictures. :)

I know I eat fast. But not THAT fast.

Maybe I had that whiskey after all.

Who knows?

Let’s just move on to Donald.

The boys are excited to watch him sign.....

WDWJune08420.jpg

WDWJune08422.jpg

You’ll notice the clipboard and paper. AKA—the redneck way. Ya see, I wanted to add them to their scrapbook so I just cut my scrapbook paper down and used that. It worked perfectly AND it was much cheaper.

Saved money to spend on other things.

Moving on….

Then they are all smiles for the picture

WDWJune08423.jpg

WDWJune08425.jpg

Could not believe Brett was getting into this character thing 100%

WDWJune08426.jpg

More family members…

WDWJune08429.jpg

WDWJune08431.jpg

Marissa was not liking the Duck…she ran into her dad’s lap.

WDWJune08417.jpg

But he was still nice enough to sign her book.

WDWJune08418.jpg

Up next….besides for more food……was Minnie Mouse!!!!!!!

We love Minnie!

My brother asked her if Mickey gave her a ring yet. And she shakes her head no and acts sad.

My nephew Matthew thinks he can steal her away from him.

WDWJune08409.jpg

I’m thinking he might be right after receiving a kiss from her.

I mean, she really laid it on him.

It kind of made me blush.

Speaking of blushing….

WDWJune08400.jpg

Brett enjoyed a kiss too.

I’m starting to catch onto something here…..

Hmmmm…..

Remember Brett. The one that doesn’t like to be messed with. Will do his own thing. Has a mind of his own. Well…..After the kiss Brett gave her the biggest hug. Unprovoked. I give my DH a nudge and "say look at that!" It was the sweetest thing.

WDWJune08398.jpg

After Brett’s hug, Marissa ran to give Minnie a hug too!!!

And she was excited to get her autograph too!!!

WDWJune08392.jpg

WDWJune08395.jpg

WDWJune08402.jpg

Then it was Minnie’s turn with the rest of the family. Again, she didn’t seem rushed either.

Now I on the other hand, seemed rushed.

Video.

Pictures.

Eat.

Change the paper on the redneck autograph clipboard.

Drink.

Can’t forget that.

Eat.

It was a little crazy.

For me.

Minnie and all the characters really made sure they took time with every kid. Even with 4-5 cameras going off.

I was quite pleased I must say.

More pictures….

WDWJune08415.jpg

WDWJune08412.jpg

WDWJune08413.jpg

WDWJune08397.jpg

Minnie was a crowd pleaser.

***Matter of fact….fast forward to about 4 weeks ago…..when my DH said he didn’t want to go on our Anniversary trip because of the boys football games. (He is now going) My mom told me should love to go back with me. I then ask her if she misses Mickey. Her reply was “No, Minnie. I miss Minnie and no I’m not gay. I just think she is so sweet” And I laughed. I thought it was cute****

Back to this TR—what character visits us next? Will there be any more characters? We are eating pretty fast……

Thank you Thank you for another report. My day had gone bad. Too much rain (10 inches yesterday) and then I lost my glasses at the grocery store. Got home with groceries, no glasses, good thing I didn't have an accident, and fought with my 10 year old son for the computer, to find another update. YEAH YEAH. My day was better now. On top of that the grocery store just called and they FOUND my glasses. Now my day is even better because I don't have to spend a ton of $$$ for new ones even though I really do need them. I can use that $$ to put a deposit down on our adults only 25th anniversary trip next year in December. Can you keep me entertained until then!!!!! :) :)

Lynn

Maybe I had that whiskey after all.
Who knows?

:lmao: If you did, NOBODY would blame you :rotfl2:

You’ll notice the clipboard and paper. AKA—the redneck way. Ya see, I wanted to add them to their scrapbook so I just cut my scrapbook paper down and used that. It worked perfectly AND it was much cheaper.

Smart woman, you are :thumbsup2

It's a good thing I'm sitting down, because otherwise I'd have to sit down - the too cool nephew is (1) actually smiling; and (2) not wearing odd things on his head! Go, dude, go! :banana:

***Matter of fact….fast forward to about 4 weeks ago…..when my DH said he didn’t want to go on our Anniversary trip because of the boys football games. (He is now going) My mom told me should love to go back with me. I then ask her if she misses Mickey. Her reply was “No, Minnie. I miss Minnie and no I’m not gay. I just think she is so sweet” And I laughed. I thought it was cute****

Your mom is good people :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter