Party of 28, your table is ready!!! ***Update 10/11/08-- chapter 6 beginning**

I think you should get that picture of Nolan made into a 8X10. It's priceless. :goodvibes

Keep up the great work. :)

Great installments, as usual! Congrats on a Dream!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!! I would love to see AK at night and get some night shots of the Tree of LIfe and EE! I'm sorry you had such a time watcher during your photo session. I love the candid pictures - they always seem more natural and emit the people's true personalities best. I hope your redo session is better - that will be just DH and yourself, right? Maybe you can do a few of you and DH relaxing in a hammock and the shot of both your feet w/ the water and beach in the background.

ohhhh good luck with your next photopass session!! some of those pics came out really nice though! i just hate how half of these photopass 'photographers' are NOT photographers! hmph! when we were at epcot at night taking pictures in front of spaceship earth, our photopass guy flatout said... 'these aren't going to come out....they didn't set the camera settings correctly'. THEY?! shouldn't HE set the camera settings? or at least know how to fix them? lol

Great update! I am the same sort of Mom that would take the pouting picture too!:rotfl:

Lynn

Yay!! Your trip sounds like soooo much fun(and work)!!!!!:banana:
I can't wait to read more!
.....and I thought planning for 13 was rough:worship:

Good morning, I love your family pictures, look at the positive side, when are you going to be all at Disney again?, the kids are the best ones and the one of your parents with the big ones only. I have a question, where did you get your custom made shirts, they are so funny. Waiting for your next report.:flower3:

Hi! Coming out of lurkdom to say how much I'm enjoying your report. That dream you won at AK was GREAT!!! We've been at WDW with 18 people, but you've definitely blown us out of the water with 28. I bow to your planning, knowing what it's like to try to please that many people!

We were headed to Epcot and there really isn’t a good water ride there.

The jumping fountains! They are the ultimate and perfect place for a redneck shower!

I hate to admit it as well but I would have taken that picture of my son as well if he was pouting (and he's 15 lol). He would go pout about something whenever we had family together and then get embarrassed when everyone made a big deal out of it (and not in a good way :rotfl2: ). I just ran across a pic last night of my DS21 when we were at the Hoop de Doo show back in 1997, and he wanted to stay at Epcot but instead had to come to this "stupid" musical dinner show instead with the family (there were 12 of us on that trip). I mailed him that picture the other day with his birthday card to remind him of some "good" times (he now lives in CA and I miss him!).

I loved your pics that you took over the photopass ones - some professional, huh? I hated our photopass pics this last trip - if I could figure out how to get those cute captions in like you did to yours, I would just ask a stranger to take our pics instead and save money! Great job on your TR!

Subscribing! What a GREAT trip report - I can't believe you planned a trip for 28 people :worship: We had a hard enough time keeping 8 people together a few years ago! Congrats on winning a Dream. I have never heard of winning an extra hour in the park - that sounds like blast! Can't wait to read more popcorn::

Oh you've GOT to use that picture of Nolan at his wedding rehersal dinner !
The one of both your boys in the water is beautiful, the water made a perfect background.

Love the pictures, but bummer about his attitude! It's not like he is on commission or anything. Even if he was , not a tude you should get at Disney. Regardless, your family is beautiful! I also love Nolan and his pouting ears. lol

OK, first - thank you for posting your updates quickly! I love being able to remember what happened before kwim? LOL

Second, I am still loving your pictures! You are a great photographer! As for the loser Photopass dude, his attitude stinks and your pictures are WAY better!

Third, how COOL to win an extra hour at AK! I am soooooo keeping my fingers crossed for our group to win a dream, but, like you, I'm not sharing the Dream Team information beforehand so that nobody whines if it doesn't happen :lmao:

Fourth, I wonder how many times I will be able to take a picture of someone in our group pouting? With 5 children under 10yo and 11 adults, that's bound to happen on a regular basis :scared1:

Fifth, I think I like "numbering" my responses this way - yes, I'm a true dork! :thumbsup2

Loved the pics. I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with the photographer and felt rushed.
I dearly loved the one of your son that is the kind of pictures I took of my sons when they were little and proudly(much to their embarrassment) pull them out to show newest girlfriends.I even helped my oldest sons friends put together flyer's and a collage for his homecoming campaign using childhood pictures (we won't even mention that one of them was of him in a cute little frilly "pink" dress) to which his friends added some not so cute remarks.:confused3

I am still waiting to read the part about you being committed to the PHYSCO ward for planning for 28 people. I do hope they appreciated a job well done.

Chapter 4 continued…..

After waiting forever for the monorail….

Okay, not forever.

If it was forever I would still be there.

It was a good 15-20 minutes.

When the monorail did pull up, the front cab was all ready occupied and they weren’t getting off. So all that whining, fighting and talking about who gets the front was a waste of time.

However it was crowded so we all had to fight for a spot!

After we all go our separate ways to find a spot, the monorail takes off and we are quickly on our way to Epcot!

On this day, everyone was going to this park. Yesterday, at AK, you’ll remember that my brother and family stayed behind at the resort.

Once we got off the monorail, my brother had to go buy his tickets and then the family members with bags got in the security line.

Check that.

Security mob.

There was no line.

It was crazy! Insane!

We were packed in like sardines, everyone pushing forward. It was not a nice experience. And then to make it worse, when it comes to my turn, I put my bad on the table and the security lady says to me,

“Please remove your bag from your shoulder.”

I don’t think she said please but I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt since I’m still bitter about this experience.

That’s right.

Bitter, party of 1.

Because after she told me to remove my bag from my shoulder, I do so, and then she rudely adds,

“Didn’t I tell you the same this yesterday? I shouldn’t have to tell you two days in a row.”

Ummm…..I pretty sure I wasn’t here yesterday. So I reply,

“Who me?” :confused3

And you’ll never believe what she said.

Yep, she said it.

“Yeah you. I told you to remove your bag yesterday.”

I was shocked. I didn’t know what to say, because at first, I thought she was kidding.

By this time, she was done searching my bag so I just simply said “No you didn’t. I wasn’t even here yesterday.”

I walked away just puzzled about the experience.

And I’m not talking a 12 piece puzzle. I mean one of those 500 piece puzzles. That’s how puzzled I was.

When we met back up, I still had that look on my face—the puzzled look. Someone asked me what was wrong and I didn’t want to ruin any magic so I said “Nothing—just thinking what we should ride first.”

So we meet inside the gate, I gather everyone’s tickets and KTTW cards and take a few pics.

WDWJune08033.jpg

WDWJune08035.jpg

My original plan was to ride Soarin but we arrived at Epcot a lot later than I had planned. It was 10:30am by the time we all made it in the gates. So I made a quick change in plans. My niece Kelsey and I walked fast ahead of the group to get FP’s for Soarin. I told the rest of the group to meet us in front of Living with the Land ride—it was only a 10 minute wait.

Kelsey and I get the FP’s with no problem. Actually, we were getting the system down pretty good.

I inserted the ticket.
She would pull out the ticket.
Leaving the FP’s to pile up below.

It worked great!

We even beat a newbie with 4 measly tickets!

We even beat everyone to the Land ride. Once they got there, someone mentioned to wait on mom and Mindy because they were smoking.

Sorry. No smoking tolerance here.

Not when we just got here.

So we all agreed to get in the line.

I love these sayings found in the queue line.

WDWJune08036.jpg

WDWJune08037.jpg

Last time I was here, there was never a line so this is the first time I noticed them.

Just as we were getting ready to board, here comes Mindy and mom! A very nice CM lets them get in with us. I guess because we were taking up the whole boat anyways. I don’t know—I wouldn’t have let them through. But I am glad they are there.

WDWJune08038.jpg

WDWJune08063.jpg

I remember it being a LOT better last time. Have they changed it? Is it now a taped version versus a live CM telling the story? And you could barely hear it.

Something changed and I didn’t like it.

My family didn’t seem thrilled with it like I was the first time I experienced it.

But I still take some pictures

WDWJune08048.jpg

WDWJune08052.jpg

WDWJune08053.jpg

AND LOOKY HERE!!!!

WDWJune08050.jpg

Look closely.

Go ahead.

Do you see it?

Yeah, the sign that says “VANILLA”.

I didn’t know vanilla grew on trees!

Get out of town!!!!

Does that mean my vanilla bean ice cream is healthy and good for me since it came from a tree?

Awwww…..this whole trip was worth it just knowing that alone.

After our Land experience, I didn’t want to go too far because it was almost time for lunch and I had plans for the group to eat at Sunshine Seasons.

I read reviews that Circle of Life was boring but

1. it was right there
2. only a 5 minute wait
3. it would keep us out of the heat

So when the group said, let’s see it. I reluctantly said okay.

Well, guess what?

I think most thought it was boring.

Half way through the show, I look over at my BIL and he is sleeping. So if anything I was hoping it refreshed a few people.

After Circle of Life, it was time for lunch. It was about 11:15 and I was shocked how crowded it was!!! It was packed with only a few tables left.

WDWJune08092.jpg

Everyone seemed to enjoy the food.

My dad made 2 comments:

This dining plan is really worth it. You can’t go wrong.”

Then he says

“I just can’t get over how big this place is.” Yep, he says it again.

After lunch, me and about 3 kids go to Test Track to get FP’s. We were early so we had to wait about 10 minutes for our fastpass time to come up.

While we were waiting, we noticed 3 different people leave their tickets either in the machine or on the machine. I’m sure it easily done (even though I can say I have done this) but I was surprised 3 people did this in a matter of 10 minutes.

With the FP’s in hand, I call the group and tell them to meet me at Turtle Talk with Crush.

On the way in, I see my BIL and the baby. He says he is sleeping and since no strollers are aloud in, he was just going to wait outside. My brother Rick decided to stay and keep him company. I must admit, I was very bummed out about this. I knew how cool Crush was. Oh well.

Once I got inside, I got turned around a bit. Did it move since the last time I was there in 2006?

I finally found it and everyone was there in the queue line waiting on us.

I take a quick pic and we are on our way!

WDWJune08093.jpg

Once I found the group, I realize mom and Mindy are missing. They went to smoke again. We try and call them to tell them where we are at but our cell phones are not working in that building.

After waiting a good 5 minutes….

….is there such a thing as a bad minutes???

Regardless, we waited a good 5 minutes and finally we were on our way into the theatre. As you might know, the smaller kids up front and the adults on the benches. I know Brett, Nolan and Marissa at one point were all up there. Our group got the 2nd and 3rd rows.

Before we knew it…

…tap, tap, tap….

And Crush appears to start the show!!

When it came time to talk to the kids, he points to a kid in the front row, moves over to that side of the room and says,

“You, there in the white shell. In the front row, to the right. What’s your name dude?”

The little kid says, “Nolan.”

YEP!!!! He picked my kid!!! NOLAN!!!

I instantly started to get tears in my eyes.

Go ahead call me a baby. It’s well deserved.

After Nolan gives his name, Crush says

“Dude! That is a cool name dude! Narlin’ Nolan dude, I like it”

Nolan giggles into the microphone.

I look over to my left and see a lady videotaping it. At this moment I am kicking myself for not bringing my camcorder. Darn it!

After Nolan giggles, the rest of the conversation goes something like this:

Crush: “Where are you from Narlin’ Nolan?”
Nolan: “Indiana”

(If I would have known he’d get picked, I would have had him say P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney)

Crush: “That place is totally awesome!”
Crush: “Never heard of it”
Nolan: giggles
Crush: “Narlin Nolan, are you having fun today?”
Nolan: “Yeah”
Crush: “What’s your favorite part of your day so far dude?”
Nolan: “Epcot”
Crush: “Way to narrow it down dude.”
Nolan: giggles
Crush: “Who brought you here today?”
Nolan: “My mom”
Crush: “You know we don’t call them that Narlin Nolan’, we call them parental units dude”
Crush: “Where is the parental unit of Narlin’ Nolan? Raise your hand”

I raise my hand.

Crush: “So you brought him here today.”
Me: “Actually it was his mom and dad along with 28 total family members. We are celebrating my mom and dad’s 45th anniversary.”
Crush: “That is totally a long time dude.”
Me: “Yeah.”
Crush: “Yeah.”
Silence…
Crush: “You know what just happened?”
Crush: “We just totally shared a moment.”:lovestruc

Crowd laughs and the microphone is taken away.

Thank goodness!

I was so nervous! I can’t imagine how Nolan felt. I look around at my family and they were all smiles!! It was sooooo neat!!!!

I’m not sure what Crush said after that. I was still shaking with excitement!

I ALMOST asked the lady with the camcorder if there was a way she could send me a copy of the video. I have no idea why I didn’t. Darn it.

On the way out, everyone went up to Narlin’ Nolan to tell him how cute he was and that he did a good job, and how he has the best mom ever.

Okay, maybe they didn’t say the last part.

But I am.

Of course when his dad (my DH) went up to him, he asked “Why didn’t you say mom and dad? Who do you think did most of the driving?”

Nolan smiles and shrugs his shoulders.

Jared didn’t give him too hard of a time because he figured he was a little nervous being in the spotlight like that.

I think I forgot to tell you that Nolan saved his money for the past 16 months for this trip. On his birthdays, at Christmas, he always asked for Disney dollars. So he brought along $116 of his own money.

Walking out of Crush, he wanted to stop at the store that is right there. You could tell he was on a mission. He knew exactly what he wanted. He immediately went to it and said “Can I buy this?” It was a Crush stuffed animal.

Normally I say “no” until the kids have a chance to go to Downtown Disney, or at least looked at several shops before they spend their money.

You know that happens—first gift shops the kids go into, they act like “this is the greatest thing ever! I have to have this!” so you cave. And then the next day, they see something and they’re like “man, I wish I would’ve waited. This is way cooler! That other thing I got was stupid”.

This time, I couldn’t say no. A Crush animal to remember the day that “Crush talked to me” was something that I wouldn’t have even thought of. So $16 later, Nolan is on cloud 9 and is tickled pink!!!

I mean…I didn’t tickle him. But he was still blushing from such a magical experience.

And I was just as proud of him!!! Nothing could bring us down!!!

Right?

WRONG!!!!

As soon as we get outside to meet my brother, BIL, nephew and now my sister and mom back from smoking, the mood takes a drastic change.

My dad begins to give my mom a hard time about missing the show and how smoking was more important. I had to agree with him. I told her that she missed a very magical moment but that’s her choice.

And then my brother Rick comes up to me and says “What are we doing next?”

I say, “Whatever you want to do. It’s not always up to me. Look at the map and decide.”

He says “Well, Randy paid big money to be here today to be with us. So we need to do something fun and exciting for them.”

I said “Go do it. Test Track is a 90 minute wait. Mission Space is a 60 minute wait. Soarin is a 120 minute wait. Knock yourself out. I’m not waiting that long.”

I continued to say something about “using our FP’s for them later and you don’t have to do what I do.”

But no one goes their own separate ways. They continue to follow me. At that point, I was mad. DH came and put his arm around me and tried to cheer me up. I told him what I wanted to say.

“Umm….I paid big money too. Matter of fact, I paid for an 8 day ticket. He paid for a 2 day ticket. I mean, I love my brother and all, but why do I have to cater to him? No one said we had to stay together. I didn’t expect us to stay together. Besides, he chose to sit outside for an hour instead of going to see Crush which was fun and exciting.”

I just go on and on….to DH only of course. Once I blew off that steam, I felt a little better. Not much. I felt a huge responsibility to make sure everyone had fun. Not sure why I put that pressure on myself but I did.

I send my 2 nieces to go get FP for Mission Space and the rest of the group and I head towards World Showcase.

I stopped and told everyone to look at the map and tell me what looks interesting. They all say they don’t care but they are getting hot and crabby.

Canada was the first county... since we were walking that way....on a whim, I walked into Canada to get in line for O’Canada- the 360 film.

I don’t think the kids know what’s going on because they still smile for me.

WDWJune08096.jpg

I have never seen the Canada movie before but I knew it was air conditioned and we could “relax” for 22 minutes.

A kid….not sure which one….came up and asked me if the show was neat…or did the say cool…not sure but they basically asked me my opinion. I think I might have snapped a little and said

“I don’t know! Just because I planned the trip doesn’t mean I know every detail. I choose this because it’s inside and it’ll give everyone a chance to cool down!”

Including myself.

DH and BIL had a better idea of cooling off. They skipped the movie and went and found a watering hole.

No, not real water.

Beer.

They needed a beer.

Or maybe they wanted to get away from the group.

Either way- smart decision!!!

So during the 22 minute movie, I decided I needed to really chill. It wasn’t crowded at all. So I lay down.

Yes, you read that right.

I didn’t sit down.

I laid down. All the way down. And I closed my eyes.

I think I might have said a little prayer or two for some patience and good vibes.

The movie was over, and immediately I was hit with the “what’s next?” question. We all walk out and gather right around the Le’Cellier walk entrance.

You’ll never believe who is coming our way!!!

The DREAM TEAM!!!! :banana:

Yep, you read that right!!!!

They stop at the Le’Celler sign (the one before you go down the path to the actual restaurant) and they do nothing but look at their watches.

Everyone now knows who they are. So there was no acting cool, calm and collected. Everyone starts getting giddy with excited. I call DH and say

“Get over here now- the DT is here! HURRY!”

He says to me “I got my dream in my hand and it’s called a Bud Light”

Seriously.

He said that and he didn’t come over to see what it was.

By this time, my brother Randy, the one that got no dreams yesterday, is talking to the DT member. I guess he didn’t have any feeling like I had yesterday when I was talking to him because they were just talking away.

A DT member looks at their watch and tells us to “Come over here, we have something for you!”

A Year of a Million Dreams mouse ears!!!

I didn’t correct her this time. I think I wasn’t in the mood to say its 2 Years of a Million Years lady.

I was happy that we all got another dream together!!! We all put on our hats and they are excited!!!

WDWJune08098.jpg

WDWJune08100.jpg

WDWJune08103.jpg

WDWJune08101.jpg

WDWJune08104.jpg

WDWJune08106.jpg

Two days in a row baby!!!

Someone asks how I know all the locations of the Dream Team. I’m just that good. I don’t know what to do next with 28 people, but I know where the DT is. Whatever.

We start walking away to DH and SIL and immediately spot them.

WDWJune08107.jpg

I think he looks much happier.

We start walking around WS and spot a character. Only some of us stop. Some keep walking. Mom & Mindy go to smoke.

Thank goodness some characters sign their names because I would have no idea who they are.

WDWJune08115.jpg

WDWJune08113.jpg

After “what’s her name”, a photopass guy stops and takes our picture of some of our group. Who knows where everyone is and frankly, I don’t care. This photopass guy did a very good job. Notice the hands—he set us up rather cutely I must say.

image0160.jpg

After the pic, we catch up with everyone in France. We had to wait a few minutes for everyone to gather here so we grab a few spots to wait.

DH found another dream in his hands.

WDWJune08120.jpg

Some spots where we waited happened to be by a water fountain.

WDWJune08116.jpg

On a hot day, doesn’t that water look inviting? So refreshing? Maybe to some—including my nephew Ben as his dad splashes him.

WDWJune08118.jpg

Remember how I told you that my son Brett does not like to be messed with? Well guess what? He didn’t like it when his Uncle Rick splashed water on him.

When he did it, Brett didn’t cry- yes he might have whined a little but he said “stop” and just went and stood by me….knowing Rick wouldn’t even attempt to get me wet with water…

….that fountain water that every other tourist stuck their hand in…not only today but probably for the last month….yeah, I think it’s gross too.

At this point, some of the group went to look at the “inside” of France. I get in line with Sleeping Beauty!

This is our first Princess meeting.

She was pointing out how much she likes her Minnie shoes. And then asks if Minnie has seen them yet.

WDWJune08126.jpg

WDWJune08129.jpg

image0174.jpg

image0179.jpg

Then it was time for the big princesses to meet the real Princess.

image0188.jpg

Ben wanted to go up too so I made Nolan go up with him.

image0163.jpg

image0166.jpg

It was cute first Princess experience.

Everyone is happy again right?

NOOOOOO!!!

CAUTION!!!! MELTDOWNS AHEAD!!!!

When we went and met up with the group by the water fountain again, everyone was there….including Rick who decides to splash Brett again. This time he is in tears. DH came up to me and said that it was the third time he did it and enough is enough.

So he says he is taking Brett and going on his own.

I’m not sure what happened, but I think I’m pretty fair when it comes to my kids. I’ll tell you when they’re bad, misbehaving or being punks.

I don’t think this was one of those times. Brett hates to be splashed with water. He said stop and Rick didn’t stop.

You have to understand, Rick is a fun-loving, gets you in a good mood kind of guy. I’m sure he was just tying to get him happy.

Maybe. Maybe not.

I saw it as trying to push all of Brett’s buttons. Regardless of his intentions, that’s what happened.

And now my DH and son are off on their own. Just when I think it couldn’t get worse, I hear my dad say…

“Epcot is boring. Let’s get out of this spot.”

And then Crystal walks up and says that she is going to take the kids back to the hotel to swim because there is nothing for them to do.

Sounds like a good idea but a little too late.

Ya see, we have an ADR at Biergarten at 4pm and right now it’s about 2pm. By the time she walks all the way to the bus stop (from France) and gets back to the hotel, it’ll be time to come back for the ADR.

I gave her other options:

1. catching a cab from International Gateway
2. cool off and chill at the baby center
3. eat at POP and don’t worry about missing the ADR

She just decided to stay.

We see more characters so some of us decide to do that.

image0203.jpg

image0206.jpg

image0211.jpg

Everyone stops to get something to drink. This is where I overhear Rick telling my oldest DS Bradley that Brett is such a baby. I bit my tongue so hard!

I still have the mark to prove it.

If I wouldn’t have bit it I would have said “He’s not a baby. He said stop and you didn’t.”

Then Bradley gets in line with me and wants a slushie. I told him no, it’s not on the dining plan as a snack. He then asks me “Why not?”

That was my breaking point.

I said “I don’t know. Why don’t you call Disney and ask them!”

He said “forget it” and walked away.

By this time, I did feel bad for Randy and his family. He came up and politely asked me the plan/next steps. I handed him 5 Soarin Fastpasses and said

“Listen. This is what I would do if I was you. Take these 5 fast passes and go ride Soarin and have fun. Because you’re not going to have any fun if you continue to stay with us.”

He was reluctant at first, but they went.

From here, I said I was going to The American Adventure. Most of the group followed. Again—I just wanted to get out of the heat.

I was texting Jared during the whole show. He said he is fine and him and Brett were having a really good time. He said they found a bench and were talking about football, sports and life. I was so glad to hear that!!!!

After the show, I found Jared and the group just hung out for a few minutes before our ADR at Biergarten.

WDWJune08137-1.jpg

Nolan took the time to check out his favorite- the mini train display

WDWJune08141.jpg

Finally at about 3:50pm, we went to go check in at Biergarten. We have a very German last name. So DH was asking the CM at the check in desk about Germany and our last name. He jokingly says his last name was the same as ours. It was really funny so I had to take a pic.

WDWJune08144-1.jpg

He handed us a buzzer and about 10 minutes later, the buzzer went off indicating

Table of 23, your table is ready!

Yep, only 23 because my brother and his family are still having fun and decided to skip dinner.

The dinner mood was 50/50. My BIL and I liked the place. He spent 2 years (I think) in Germany when he was in the service. So he talked a lot about his experiences and how the restaurant looked like the real thing.

Brett likes it

WDWJune08150-1.jpg

My nieces really liked the place!!!!

WDWJune08146-1.jpg

Did you notice why?

Did you check out the server?

Yeah, my niece says to me “I’m moving to Germany!”

I tell the CM what she said and she was a little embarrassed.

WDWJune08174.jpg

WDWJune08172.jpg

The girls had a blast with him during the whole dinner. He was 20 I believe so I told him to leave my niece’s alone that he was too old. He didn’t listen. They still wanted a picture.

WDWJune08184-1.jpg

That’s just one tall dude.

We order some beers….

WDWJune08156.jpg

And after a few “GGGRROSS” (cheers in German) we drank away!!!

Niece tries to sneak away with it but it didn’t work

WDWJune08152.jpg

I’m not sure how everyone else liked the place since they were sitting at different tables. I didn’t take the time to ask. And frankly at that point, I didn’t care.

WDWJune08175.jpg

Our table liked the show!!!!

WDWJune08171.jpg

WDWJune08180.jpg

At the end of dinner, DH turned into a total grump. We wanted to go back to the resort. Brett and Nolan wanted to go too. So they went along with BIL and his 2 small kids.

Have fun!!!

I was left to pay the bill—which seemed to take forever. Don’t you just love the Walt Disney World pens they give you to sign the bill? I liked it so I slipped it in my bag.

At that moment I realize, I’m a lot like my mom. I noticed she was all over the free stuff. I guess I’m no different.

Except technically the pens aren’t free are they?

I guess technically I stole the pen.

Hey- I’m sure I’m not the only one!!!

After dinner, things got much better.

We were headed back to FW to use some FP’s. We took our time to get up there—having fun along the way. (This is what I like best about Epcot!)

WDWJune08185.jpg

Teenage boys—gotta love them.

WDWJune08188.jpg

WDWJune08193.jpg

We had the best time with these drums!!! Being silly and letting off some steam. I think we needed that.

WDWJune08191.jpg

WDWJune08189.jpg

More random shots along the way. But the thing is….I don’t remember taking some of these. I think it was that liter of beer.

Go ahead- call me a lightweight.

WDWJune08196.jpg

WDWJune08198.jpg

WDWJune08203.jpg

We make a pit stop at Mexico to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour otherwise known as El De Crappo ride.

The girls acted scared to be riding it.

WDWJune08210.jpg

This reminded me too much of It’s A Small World…

WDWJune08214.jpg

After that, we were FINALLY headed to Test Track. My brother met back up with us to ride TT.

In line, I notice the perfect picture opportunity

WDWJune08218.jpg

Except it didn’t turn out. The sign over them says “Dummy Assembly”. I thought it was the perfect caption for these 2 teenage boys!

I love Test Track!!!! I took my camera with me to get some good shots of my family riding it for the first time!!!

WDWJune08221.jpg

WDWJune08228.jpg

WDWJune08229.jpg

WDWJune08230.jpg

WDWJune08231.jpg

WDWJune08233.jpg

I couldn’t believe my dad actually rode this. When we were in line, I asked him if he was sure and he said yes.

Since we were first to go, we were waiting for my dad to get off. When I seen their group, my mom gave me that look.

The look of “Don’t say anything!”

She pulls me to the side while he is looking at the photos on the wall and tells me that he told her when they were getting out of the car “If you say anything to anyone, I will never ride another ride again.”

I busted out laughing not even knowing why.

I guess he didn’t want anyone to know that he was holding on for dear life and even closed his eyes.

Like no one has ever done that before!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the option of adding the ride pics to your photopass card.

Look at the first one. Who is that dork taking pictures on the ride?

image0229.jpg

image0231.jpg

image0233.jpg

image0237.jpg

image0235.jpg

Look at the last picture—last row—that’s my dad in the middle!

Better yet—look at my SIL—front row in the middle.

Since some went back to hotel, we had extra FP’s so some got to ride twice.

The teenagers were acting like they really owned these cars.

Oh, to be so cool.

WDWJune08235.jpg

WDWJune08236.jpg

WDWJune08239.jpg

WDWJune08240.jpg

After admiring a few cars and buying a few things, I realize it’s about 7pm and our FP window is open for Mission Space.

We all get in line. Even my dad. I guess since mom didn’t say anything to anyone, he was willing to ride another ride.

Little did he know that she did tell!

They did however, choose the mild version.

I have never rode MS. With the encouragement of a group of teenagers, I decide to be brave and ride the full power version baby!!!

All of a sudden, they start acting scared…

WDWJune08241.jpg

After the intro to what our mission will entail, Ben asks me

“Are we really leaving Earth?”

Awww…such innocence.

WDWJune08243.jpg

And then, just when I couldn’t stop laughing….Stephen says to me

“Are they really putting us to sleep?”

Yes, he said that.

I can’t make that up if I tried.

These kids don’t get out much.

My sister and I felt a little ill after the ride. We find a patch of grass and lie down.

WDWJune08249.jpg

Yes, I felt a little sill laying there but I didn’t care. It gave me the chance to take a picture of my favorite tree….

WDWJune08247.jpg

After some kids rode it again….

not me thank you….

When I was laying there on the grass, I get a text from Jared that prompts me to scream and say “No flippin wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!”

The text read:

Our neighbors are here. I’m at the pool. Suzy just walked by!

OMG!!!! This wasn’t good news!!!

From the first encounter with the rude security lady to this news—this day has totally sucked!!!!

More on that later....

I got over it for a few minutes as we were finally headed to

WDWJune08252.jpg

FP lane was still a good 15-20 minutes

WDWJune08251.jpg

Mindy does not like rides, attractions that move or anything—she is happy with shopping and browsing around.

Some how, we got her on Soarin.

I didn’t even watch the screen because I watched her the whole time.

It was so funny!

She screamed…

…which probably wasn’t funny for the other guests….

But she was geniunely scared.

She closed her eyes.

We tell her to open them.

She would open one and not the other.

She would close them again.

I would say “open them now, it’s not bad”

And she would squeal and say “I don’t believe you!”

This went on and on.

Crystal was oohing and ahhing the whole time, totally loving it.

Mindy thought she was just saying it to get her to open her eyes.

I was laughing the whole time.

Of course I seen dad close his eyes too in the very beginning when we took off so I started off laughing.

After the ride ended, everyone said they loved it.

Except for Mindy.

She said never again.

You have to understand. She can’t even drive over bridges.

We were still laughing.

It was about 8:45pm, so most of the group wanted to go find a spot for the fireworks. I was ready for bed.

I take my oldest and 2 of my nephews back with me.

On the way out, I stop and buy 4 new pins.

1 with Crush for Nolan
1 for Brett
2 for me

Just as I was walking away, we heard the show begin.

I take some quick pictures before heading to the bus stop.

WDWJune08264.jpg

WDWJune08256.jpg

We waited for the bus for about 10 minutes. I’m thinking I should have just stayed for the show!

Once the bus came, everyone clapped.

By the time we could get on, it was standing room only. My son and nephew in front and my other nephew and I were in the back.

It was so hot!!!

I was dripping in sweat.

The guy standing next to me decided today was going to be the day that he forgot to wear deodorant.

Lucky me.

It got so bad that I called Bradley, who is in front of the bus, to tell the bus driver to turn on some air.

He said he asked/told him 4 different times and he didn’t say anything.

It didn't get any better.

Everyone was starting to complain.

It was the perfect ending to a perfect day. Grrr………..

Up Next: Will we get “dreamed” for the third day in a row? We surely have to have a better day tomorrow right?

Very nice photos!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Oooh, those pictures turned out really good!

And thank you!!!!:goodvibes

I love the color of the water in the pictures you took. Maybe you will get a better photographer in the nex photo shoot. It's not easy taking pictures of large groups... And I know, I have to do that next Saturday for my sisters wedding!

OMGosh, I didn't even notice the difference in the water color....WOW!!! Thanks for pointing that out.

Good luck with your sisters wedding! I did one once so I know what you are in for. :goodvibes

I have to say I am sooooo in awe of you :worship: successfully pulling off this trip with your wonderful family! Really amazing once-in-a-lifetime-trip. I was crying when you got "dreamed"....I was sooo excited!:banana: Love :love: your photography and all of your comments and humor! I can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it! :goodvibes

I think you should get that picture of Nolan made into a 8X10. It's priceless. :goodvibes

Keep up the great work. :)

You know, I didn't even print it off yet. Now that I am telling the story behind the photos, I like the photos more now! I think a 8x10 is a great idea!!!

Great installments, as usual! Congrats on a Dream!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!! I would love to see AK at night and get some night shots of the Tree of LIfe and EE! I'm sorry you had such a time watcher during your photo session. I love the candid pictures - they always seem more natural and emit the people's true personalities best. I hope your redo session is better - that will be just DH and yourself, right? Maybe you can do a few of you and DH relaxing in a hammock and the shot of both your feet w/ the water and beach in the background.

I tried to get the tree of life at night but I didn't have a tri-pod with me and I'm not good with my settings so the one I took is alittle blurry. Darn it.

Yes, the next section is just DH and I. I hope it's better!!! Thanks for the ideas. I'll write them down.

ohhhh good luck with your next photopass session!! some of those pics came out really nice though! i just hate how half of these photopass 'photographers' are NOT photographers! hmph! when we were at epcot at night taking pictures in front of spaceship earth, our photopass guy flatout said... 'these aren't going to come out....they didn't set the camera settings correctly'. THEY?! shouldn't HE set the camera settings? or at least know how to fix them? lol

You would think they would know the settings. It's not that hard. Seriously.

Excellent TR. What a nice family!

Thank you so much!!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter