Party of 28, your table is ready!!! ***Update 10/11/08-- chapter 6 beginning**

Your TR keeps getting better....You did an amazing job with 28 people and very one seems happy....way to go planner.

Before I go on—let me tell you a little about my sister Mindy. She likes to question everything. You thought a 3 year old asked ‘why’ a lot- ha! Mindy will beat any toddler! She doesn’t do it to be mean, different or annoying. It’s just her way of learning I guess. If you remember, she has all ready asked me “Why am I in a hurry?”

I also have heard

“Why do we have to be at rope drop?”
“Why can’t I shop first?”
“Why do we need a fastpass?”

It goes on and on.

(Mindy, if you’re reading this—you know I love ya!)

Let’s go back to this picture:

537.jpg

Did you spot it?

There to the right.

The guy in the white vest and shorts.

Yeah, that one.

A member of the Dream Team baby!!!!!

Everyone was in line but my sister. She had all ready did the characters as soon as they got there. (Who does the characters 1st thing anyways?)

Here’s a pic from her session this morning:

image0030.jpg

So I pick up my cell phone and say

“I don’t know where you are at, but come over here and get in line with us right away!”

This time, I will admit—I did seem like I was in a panic or at least rushed!!!!

She then asks

“Why?”

Me: “Ugh. It’s the Dream Team. Would you just listen to me and get over here!”
Her: “What’s the Dream Team?”
Me: “I will tell you when you get over here!” I was trying to scream it into the phone as quietly as I can.

I had to hang up on her as it was my turn to visit Goofy and Donald. I was hoping she would take me serious. I didn’t want her to miss out.

Just as it was my turn, the CM says Goofy and Pluto need a quick 5 minute break.

OMGosh—I knew the DT had places to go for a certain matter of time. I was shaking in my boots….if I was wearing boots….I just knew they would leave the area before we got back.

The kids decide to do some pin trading while waiting for Goofy and Donald.

533.jpg

536.jpg

By this time, I whisper to my sister Crystal that the DT is over there at the exit. We start to get exited but I tell her to “remain calm”. By this time, Mindy comes over and gets in line with me and asks “So who’s the Dream Team?” and together Crystal and I say….

“SHHHHHHH….!!!!!”

Like if we explained who they were, they would leave or something!!! Yes, we are dorks. But at this point….

Nervous dorks!!!!

The CM says that Donald and Goofy are on the way and asks everyone to take off their wet ponchos and get the cameras ready.

Here’s my family

543.jpg

Yes, I have a better picture of us. But I wanted to show you that time has passed and the DT is still there! See that guy? Yeah, the one in the white vest baby!!!

After we were done getting our picture, I immediately wanted to go out the exit to see if we were winners. But I didn’t. After all, this was our first character interaction. So I….

Acted cool.
Acted calm.
Acted collected.

It’s too hard to do that all at once. So I did them all separately.

Go ahead—take a moment to think about that one.

So here’s that better picture of my family.

image0077.jpg

My mom has a blast with the characters.

551.jpg

image0094.jpg

Each family goes up one by one.

550.jpg

image0088.jpg

I guess I was so nervous that I didn’t get take everyone’s picture.

At one point, when one family was up there. The DT guy….yeah, the one in all the pictures….asks me what we are celebrating and how many of us there were. At least that’s what I think he asks me….. I felt like I was on a first date. My knees were shaking. I had butterflies in my stomach. I was shaking. (this time my whole body) I was nervous. I had to be stuttering…..I probably sounded like a baboon.

Not that I even know what a baboon sounds like.

Finally!!! We are done!!! And the Dream Team is still here baby!!! Until I hear the CM say….

“let’s do a group picture now!”

What? NOOOOOOO!!!!! I wanna see what I won!!!!!

Ugh.

I tell her she better make it fast. Dreams are about to be made lady.

She says she can’t see some people in the back. And I tell her

“We can photoshop them in later. Just hurry up.”

Okay…maybe it didn’t go exactly like that but I know it was at least in my head.

Finally, she gets the group shot. And I have to say—I love it. I didn’t even think about getting it done. I was happy about it after the fact.

image0100.jpg

image0096-1.jpg

So finally- WE CAN EXIT AND THE DREAM TEAM IS STILL THERE!!!

553.jpg

We walk past the first DT guy and 2 more ladies are near the exit and they stop us, tell us to gather around and one says

“Have you heard about Disney’s Year of a Million Dreams?” and then I say

“No. I’ve heard of Disney’s 2 Years of a Million Dreams.”

And my mom seriously says “No. What is it?”

The DT lady explains and asks “If we want to win something?”

Uhhhh…no. No I don’t lady. Did you not see me standing in line for the last 20 minutes, about ready to pee my pants? Did you not hear me sounding like a baboon to the other DT guy? Did you not hear my sister yell “What’s the Dream Team?”?

Seriously—what kind of question is that?

My mom really does raise her hand and says “I do. I do” And the group cracks up laughing. It was cute.

So she then tells us our prize……

ONE HOUR OF THE PARK TO OURSELVES TONIGHT AFTER CLOSING TIME!!!!

And begins to hand out a Dream necklace which serves as our pass to be in the park tonight.

554.jpg

Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!! Yahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!! And Anywhooooooooooooooooo!!!!

She tells us to meet in DinoLand for a special dream parade at 8pm. And then we will have the park to ourselves from 8pm-9pm. Along with a special viewing of Lion King at 9pm!!!! She tells us to repeat after me….

“Be in DinoLand at 8pm”

So we say

“Be in DinoLand at 8pm”

She says it again

“Be in DinoLand at 8pm”

So we say

“Be in DinoLand at 8pm”

Before we go she asks us, “What time are you going to meet in DinoLand?”

Uhhh…did you say 9pm? I wasn’t paying attention.

Whatever.

And it gets better….this is a 2 dream spot baby!!!

Another guy at the exit hands out dream ears to us!!!! (But he did run out so about 4 of our group didn’t get them)

555.jpg

556.jpg

I love that guy!

558.jpg

561.jpg

AND REMEMBER THAT TEENAGER? You know—the teenager that moaned about wearing matching t-shirts? Well, he proudly wore his new ears!!!

557.jpg

We all get our Dream Ears on and talk about our plans now that this pass threw us an unexpected, but happy twist in our day.

Ya see, Mindy and I REALLY wanted to see Lion King. I missed out last time so it was on my must do list. But with the special viewing, we can do it later.

Everyone was wet, hot and getting tired so everyone decided to take a break. It was going to be short but we wanted to get dry before dinner.

There is nothing worse than sitting in an air-conditioned restaurant when you are wet. So a break was a great idea.

On our way out, my family got a PP picture taken with our new dream fashion accessory.

image0108.jpg

image0104.jpg

Then we run into Brett’s favorite—Stitch!!!! We had to get in line. My nieces/nephews were all ready in line so they were first.

568.jpg

572.jpg

574.jpg

We also seen some cut out things that Brett had fun with.

564.jpg

And then on the way out, Chip and Dale were out visiting people at the entrance—with no lines!!! It was so cute to see Marissa not scared of the characters. We thought sure she would be.

576.jpg

577.jpg

579.jpg

581.jpg

Everyone else was catching the bus back. My family took the van back.

Once we got to the resort, we only had about an hour. It didn’t matter- that hour did everyone so much good!!!!

My mom and DH are refreshed:

583.jpg

My parents walking to the van. The resort look so big!!!

587.jpg

At 4pm, we all took our vehicles and went to AK Lodge to eat at Boma. My brother Randy and family who spent the day at the resort, decided to eat with us. (Yeah!) Check in at Boma is on one floor and the restaurant is on another.

Check-in was confusing. She couldn’t find the ADR or something. Not sure of the problem but it took forever. So we look around the lobby.

591.jpg

Finally the buzzer went off which tells us…

Party of 28, your table is now ready!!!!!

2 tables…..14 sat at one table. 14 of us sat at the other table. But with 2 different servers. It made for an interesting experience trying to pay the bill when the kids were split up between the 2 tables. I didn’t like having 2 servers like that.

592.jpg

593.jpg

597.jpg

598.jpg

599.jpg

603.jpg

I used my DDE card for some much deserved alcohol. Since my brother Randy was paying out of pocket, we combined our bill so he could also save 20%. I think he appreciated that. I know my SIL was concerned that their kids wouldn’t like the food but she said they really enjoyed it.

Oh yeah, the food….

It was really good. Some things were funky. Not as bad as cold-medina. But they were still funky.

Don’t tell me you don’t remember Tone-Loc?!

What was better than me liking Boma--- everyone else seemed to like Boma!!!!

Score! If you’re keeping track—I’m 2 for 2 baby!!!

Apparently when I made the ADR, I told them we were celebrating a birthday and anniversary. I guess the CM added them to this reservation as well because Alysha got this:

600.jpg

After we were finished at Boma, it was time to go back to AK.

We let the older kids stick together and they went and caught the bus while we were still paying the bill.

When we got back to AK, we decided to go to EE and use our FP’s from this morning.

I still caught some good shots!

620.jpg

621.jpg

631.jpg

625.jpg

634.jpg

Using the single rider line, some of us rode it 2-3 times. I tried the redneck photos again. Didn’t work very well!!!

640.jpg

642.jpg

643.jpg

I kept trying to get a picture of them coming down the hill and I always missed it.

648.jpg

644.jpg

So I moved onto other pictures. My niece practicing her princess pose:

654.jpg

My nephew with crazy hair!!!

652.jpg

After EE, we went to Kali. We had FP’s but they were not needed. There was ZERO of a line. A total walk on.

662.jpg

659.jpg

658.jpg

Loved that ride! As did everyone else. But we got a little wet.

665.jpg

664.jpg

I think this CM liked the girls that were on the ride……

666.jpg

667.jpg

When we got off the ride it was 7:55pm. We had to be in DinoLand by 8pm. I mean, the DT CM made us repeat it like 10 times. OMG- we’re going to be late and get kicked out.

We practically run over there. Made it a few minutes after 8pm. We didn’t see a parade. Only seen about 200 hundred people having a dance party type of thing. They did pass out dream buttons and then a special flyer telling us what rides are open.

While we were there some rode TS and PW again.

672.jpg

DH and BIL decided to take my 1 yo nephew back to the hotel. They just took 1 van back together. My DH is not a night person. He really didn’t care to stay an extra hour. I didn’t mind. More fun for us!

My son decided to drive Brittany around DinoLand. I can wait for when this to happen for real.

676.jpg

678.jpg

After that, 8 kids went to ride Dinosaur and the rest of us went to Lion King…..the special 9pm viewing of Lion King!!!

We got there about 10 minutes before it started and there was MAYBE 40 people in there. Basically we could pick any seat we wanted. It was PERFECT.

Wait. Not Perfect. Close.

One problem.

Remember that Kali ride? The one we didn’t ride with ponchos?

Yeah, we were freezing.

It’s June.

In Florida .

And we are freezing.

No, we are not sick.

The kids complained the whole 10 minutes before the show started. Nolan says…

“I want to go back to the apartment”

Umm…it’s a hotel.

And heck no I’m not giving up this dream!!!

By this time, Bradley, my oldest, text me to tell me that they rode EE about 10 times straight and they were getting *****gasp**** BORED!!!!! So they said they were going to take the bus back. (gotta love Disney transportation for the teenagers)

Once the show started, everyone forgot about being cold. I even turned the headlights off.

Because this show was the DA BOMB DIGGITY!!!!

696.jpg

709.jpg

714.jpg

During the show, a monkey kept interacting with Nolan and Brett.

748.jpg

He came over and acted like we was eating his own fleas. Then he pretended to get some fleas off the boys and eat them. And then he came back and got a flea off of himself and then handed the boys each a flea. And what did my boys do?

They ate it!!

I was so proud. They played the part just like they were supposed to.

753.jpg

My camera was new—I couldn’t figure out the settings quickly. Darn it.

749.jpg

I got tears in my eyes. It was just the greatest thing to me. I looked at my SIL and said “that’s Disney Magic”

I mean, they had the biggest smiles on their faces. It was so magical.

Then he came back and did some hand games. The magic continues……

752.jpg

The show was just so amazing. One of the highlights of the trip.

755.jpg

Half way through the show, we see the other 8 kids who were riding Dinosaur sitting across from us on the other side. They said they only missed 5 minutes of the show.

After the show, it was time to leave. Mickey and Minnie were still at the exit telling everyone bye and then they kissed!!!! AWWWWW….

766.jpg

AK is so awesome at night. I was so happy to see it!

769.jpg

We drove the van back to the “apartment” with no problems. Remember my son and nephew who went back to the hotel early because they were bored? It was approx. 8:45 at that point. Well—when we got back home, they had JUST got there About 5 minutes before us. They said they waited 50 minutes for a bus!!!!! Maybe I don’t love that Disney transportation.

I was so mad for them!!! I wish I would have been there. I’m not sure what happened. I guess they thought that everyone would stay the whole dream hour???? Not sure.

By the time I wrote a few notes in my travel journal (for this TR) and got ready for bed, they were all asleep all ready. Aww….the magic of Disney…

772.jpg

Tell me why again we paid for an extra room when they want to sleep on the floor anyways?

771.jpg

I set a wake up call and I was out like a light....

Up next: Photopass session at GF, Epcot day, family disagreement and say it ain't so....the DT again?????

OH MY GOSH!! How exciting!!! I never saw one Dream Team member when we were there in January and I kept looking and even tried being at certain places I read on here that they might be - this must have made your whole family love you esp being since alot of them had never been to WDW before.

I'm so happy for you!!

I was loving your story, now I CANNOT WAIT to hear about your night alone in the park......HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?
What a wonderful family story, our kids have no aunts, uncles cousins so i am envious of your story...

OK, edit here, I took too long to post and now I have read about your night in the park. Sounded great, mind sending some Pixie Dust this way?

OH MY GOSH!! How exciting!!! I never saw one Dream Team member when we were there in January and I kept looking and even tried being at certain places I read on here that they might be - this must have made your whole family love you esp being since alot of them had never been to WDW before.

I'm so happy for you!!

Oh! Oh! Oh!!!! That reminds me-- my mom and several people asked me after the dream how I knew the DT was going to be there. And I said I just knew! ;)

:lmao:

I was loving your story, now I CANNOT WAIT to hear about your night alone in the park......HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?
What a wonderful family story, our kids have no aunts, uncles cousins so i am envious of your story...

OK, edit here, I took too long to post and now I have read about your night in the park. Sounded great, mind sending some Pixie Dust this way?

Sure-- some dust is flying your way!!! :banana:

Great report - Can't wait for the next chapter!!

Just posted it :cool1: But we have a busy weekend so it might be Monday before I get to chapter 4

We are in Central IN, just North of Indianapolis. Almost neighbors....well 3 hours apart neighbors. lol

Hello neighbor!!! Did you go to the Indy DIS meet? I never. Wish I did though.

This is like a good book that you can't put down!!!!! More, more, more please!!!!

Lynn

Writing this "book" makes me want to go back!!!! Just 15 more days!!! :cool1:

We're 41 people this Thanksgiving week!:dance3:

OMG-- good luck!!! We were suppose to be 36 people but some couldn't make it.

I'm having so much fun reliving your trip!!!! We've gone to DW twice during the YOMD - one visit 10 days, the other 15 days and we have NEVER seen the DT at all! :( We've seen people with the DT fast passes and the people in the parade who won stuff but never the team. :(

I didn't even TELL the group anything about the DT because I didn't want the trip to lead to any expectations and disappointments. I'm so glad I didn't because it made the surprise that much better!

LOVING it so far!!! :) I'm always the crazy Disney nazi when we go on trips too and get the 'why you in a rush?!' all the time. So annoying!

And I do love your dads choice of footwear... :)

Thanks!!!!

The first phrase made me tear up, and the second made me :rotfl: !!!!

I have got to remember to start a newsletter! Any ideas, what did you include?

Loving the report!

I kept all the copies. PM me your e-mail address and I can send them to you if you want me to.

Hey!! I just joined and I have to say I LOVE YOUR REPORT!!!! I am excited to see what happens next! popcorn::

Thank you so much!!!

What a great report! Great pic!

Thank you so much!!!!

Oooh i love a good cliff hanger! Don't make us wait too long!

Hopefully that wasn't too long!!! :)

This is the funniest TR ever! I just read the whole TR up to now and I'm laughing out loud! :rotfl2: You are a great writer.

Wonderful Dream Prize! :dance3:

28 people!!! That's incredible! It's totally a dream for me to go with my family, but it will never happen. I have nine brothers and sisters, and some of us are not yet married, but as of now, with SILs, BILs, nieces, nephews, my parents, etc it would be about 31. Thanks for writing this and giving me some insite on what it would entail to plan for our family! :rotfl:

And my guess is probably 1000 pictures?

Loving your TR!!!! What a great dream you won! I have to say, though, when we did our Magical Gathering 2 years ago, the family argument occurred much sooner than 2 days in.:rotfl2:

Loved having all these installments to catch up on tonight! That was so fabulous that your family got dreamed! The pictures are wonderful and everyone looks like they are having so much fun. Oh, and the funky cold medina just cracked me up! :rotfl: (Remember the days when you'd actually be out dancing to that song on a Friday night?)

Just caught up with your report! How awesome to have that many people down there finding out true Disney Magic! I'm trying to get my whole family down there because they have never been too! There is only 12 of us, I couldn't imagine 28!!!

Can't wait for your next installment.

2:24 a.m. I'm here drinking a glass of wine and enjoying your trip, thanks God I don't work today, I need to go to bed but this is so funny. Waiting for your next report......Good night, ops good morning.:thanks:

Hello neighbor!!! Did you go to the Indy DIS meet? I never. Wish I did though.

I just learned about the Dis boards this year so I missed the meet! :( Wish I would have know about it, I definitely would have gone!

What a VERY cool DT prize!! I would have stayed and rode the rides and rode the rides. The Lion King show is AWESOME!! We saw it in 2006 and will definitely see it again this year!

Looking forward to hearing about your next chapter!!! This is like a great book I can't put down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter